NRD

12 minutes ago, lulabelle said:

When Is NRD worth it?  Can you change to it before final payment for a better price.

You can change to it, but it will be at whatever the market price is at that time, which may be more than what you paid for it. 

FWIW, I always go with a NRD, because I never intend to cancel a cruise, and if I do, I'm only out the $100 change fee, because I'll use the FCC for the balance on a different cruise.

Since cruising restarted, I've booked all my cruises with a refundable deposit.  Once I purchased our airfare I had my TA change my booking to NRD. The fee was deducted from my balance due and the original rate has never changed or the cabin I booked.

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

You can change to it, but it will be at whatever the market price is at that time, which may be more than what you paid for it. 

FWIW, I always go with a NRD, because I never intend to cancel a cruise, and if I do, I'm only out the $100 change fee, because I'll use the FCC for the balance on a different cruise.

Very rare a get Refundable, many times it's $300, $450 or even higher on my $450 Deposit. I'll take the $100 hit if do Change over that any day. Few Cruises I Booked in resent yrs where the Refundable was cheaper then Non, that's Royal IT for you

• Like 1