Passengers Standing on pier after Joy Transfer issues

Been standing on the pier since 9 waiting for NCL tour bus.  Tour has now been canceled and they say they are working to get us to the airport.  

was signed up for Views Of NYC.   Supposedly bus service doesn’t have enough drivers

• Like 1

staff storage is unfortunately the new norm..this is not really ncl fault per say and its the fault with the bus company. all ncl can do is make other arraignments like getting you to the airport

Not selling the tour or transfers when they know there are issues would be a good first step because the tour guide said this keeps happening.  

Also sending non snotty excursion personnel would be a good step also. 

And we are still waiting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sassycruiser said:

Not selling the tour or transfers when they know there are issues would be a good first step because the tour guide said this keeps happening.

Sometimes they won't know until that day.  The tour company may employ JUST enough drivers to handle normal operations, but if a driver or two call out sick they then need to start cancelling tours.

Unfortunately it is happening a lot right now. One of the cruise vloggers I watch was getting off a Princess cruise in LA, and all the post-cruise tours were cancelled. He was upset at having to kill so much time at the airport. Lucky for him, they knew before they got off the ship and were provided airport transfers. I guess we all need to have a back up plan. 

For now, I am sticking to the cruises that I can drive myself to the port. It does limit my choices quite a bit. I wonder if I am the only New Englander booked on a Canada/ New England cruise this September? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sassycruiser said:

Not selling the tour or transfers when they know there are issues would be a good first step because the tour guide said this keeps happening. Also sending non snotty excursion personnel would be a good step also. And we are still waiting. 

Well,,, if people call in sick, they call in sick. No different that any business. Sorry that you didn't get your tour, but NCL has little to no control over local tour operators and their guides/drivers no-showing for work. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Well,,, if people call in sick, they call in sick. No different that any business. Sorry that you didn't get your tour, but NCL has little to no control over local tour operators and their guides/drivers no-showing for work. 

I agree.  We should blame the 'valued customer' for not having enough sense to believe they would get what NCL promised.  Let's not blame NCL for selling a product they knew, or should have known they could not deliver.  Rah Rah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

I agree.  We should blame the 'valued customer' for not having enough sense to believe they would get what NCL promised.  Let's not blame NCL for selling a product they knew, or should have known they could not deliver.  Rah Rah!

Reality check. That is a fact of life in this post COVID world. Maybe look outside and see what is happening outside in the real world. Every service provider around you from restaurants to stores to your lawn care company to the trash company. 

A company offers a service based on a firm contract they hold with a vendor to preform a service. If a company has a contract with a vendor to preform a service, then they expect the vendor to compete the contract. Why would there be any other expectation?????

People from in every profession feel entitled to show up when they feel like it and because of the labor shortage, there are no repercussions for doing so. Because of that, the old-norm expectations of services are unrealistic. That’s what I see in the real post-COVID world. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I wonder if I am the only New Englander booked on a Canada/ New England cruise this September? 

This is funny! Back in 2009 I took my first cruise with my grandma and a couple college friends. We went to Canada, no New England ports. It was....an underwhelming experience, although the Bay of Fundy National Park was a fun little non-cruise ship excursion!

I'm hoping you don't have miles of endless fog your entire cruise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

LOL

I spent 6 hours waiting to been seen in the ER for horrible Kidney Stone. They had plenty of beds, in fact they have 48 units. However they only had enough staff to cover 14. Who am I supposed to be mad at?

52 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I spent 6 hours waiting to been seen in the ER for horrible Kidney Stone. They had plenty of beds, in fact they have 48 units. However they only had enough staff to cover 14. Who am I supposed to be mad at?

NCL, obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, hawkeyetlse said:

NCL, obviously.

this is rediculous. NCL had noting to do with this. It is obvious if there are 14 beds covered by staff in the ER do not go to rooms 15 to 46. you have to be made at yourself. However , if you did need to call NCL you could have easily called and been in the cue one , maybe two times during your Admission. got the kidney stone addressed,  AND been given questionable information by your vacation rep. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Reality check. That is a fact of life in this post COVID world. Maybe look outside and see what is happening outside in the real world. Every service provider around you from restaurants to stores to your lawn care company to the trash company. 

A company offers a service based on a firm contract they hold with a vendor to preform a service. If a company has a contract with a vendor to preform a service, then they expect the vendor to compete the contract. Why would there be any other expectation?????

People from in every profession feel entitled to show up when they feel like it and because of the labor shortage, there are no repercussions for doing so. Because of that, the old-norm expectations of services are unrealistic. That’s what I see in the real post-COVID world. 

I agree.  All the companies are screwing their customers.  Let's just blame it on covid.  Why shouldn't NCL do better and actually deliver the product the customer paid for and was promised.......

If the other companies behave badly, NCL should as well......

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Old & Retired said:

I agree.  All the companies are screwing their customers.  Let's just blame it on covid.  Why shouldn't NCL do better and actually deliver the product the customer paid for and was promised.......

If the other companies behave badly, NCL should as well......

You must not get out much, a lot of businesses are struggling to get employees, or even get them to show up day to day. Places like restaurants here don't know day to day if they can open due to staffing issues or them calling in. 

But I guess that's all NCL's responsibility to make sure that all these places (including 3rd party transport) has staffing every day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

This is funny! Back in 2009 I took my first cruise with my grandma and a couple college friends. We went to Canada, no New England ports. It was....an underwhelming experience, although the Bay of Fundy National Park was a fun little non-cruise ship excursion!

I'm hoping you don't have miles of endless fog your entire cruise!

LOL. Thank you. We are going early September so I hope the weather is still nice. My husband has always wanted to drive up to Bar Harbor from Massachusetts to go camping. I don't really like to camp where I think there might be bears, and I told him I didn't want to ride in the car that long, so a cruise it is! Hubby also has never been to Newport RI. Only an hour and twenty minutes from home, but I think it will be fun to come in on the ship and tender boat.