Suite problem, trying to get corporate to listen?

djh

On 5/18/2022 at 1:29 PM, jagoffee said:

I food is your number one priority, you might want to try Oceania.  I still prefer Celebrity’s Suite experience and I have yet to experience poor service or poor food.  Maybe I have just been lucky or I have a different standard.  I know that my wife and I are low maintenance.  I have always been a little uncomfortable with all the attention.  
We will see in November if Celebrity has changed as significantly as you have indicated.  

If food is your number one priority, I’d suggest one of the true luxury lines.  Silversea if you want to stay in the ‘family’.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Luminae on the Summit was a very happy place--best maitre d' I've ever experienced on a Celebrity cruise. 

I'll call your maitre d' and raise you a Russell from Constellation 😁

Experiences seem to be very ship-dependent.  Our Nov Connie cruises, even the high pax count leg, provided the best service we've ever had on an X cruise, AND it was a restart to boot.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Edge last month.  Ship was only 40% full but the Retreat was 100% full. Still we only waited to be seated at Luminae once, and got our requested window seat every time.  The only real issue we had was getting a shaded seat on the Retreat deck (staff never cleared away other guests personal items clearly left for hours to 'reserve' seats).  Other than that, we didn't feel service suffered. We had a lovely time (and somehow I managed to stuff my face yet still lost 1lb!). 😊

Separately, I agree that Celebrity prices--particularly on E class--are starting to creep into luxury class territory.  I actually found a few European cruises--Med and Baltic--where X and Silversea prices were very similar!  I love the Retreat but it's not on par with Silversea or Regent (IMHO).

12 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your experience on the Reflection.  I hope you find a line that you like better.  Luminae on the Summit was a very happy place--best maitre d' I've ever experienced on a Celebrity cruise.  No judgment about which menus we ordered from.  The only problem was that I apparently drank up all their non-alcoholic champagne on the first leg.  None available on the second leg, although they did have non-alcoholic wines available.  I just like the bubbles better.

hc - LOL I did not realize you were such a lush and a good one at that...

Cheers and bon voyage

17 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

We like the Fre’  sparkling as well.  The others are acceptable,  but the sparkling is good.  I’ve gotten a bit of a look of shock from one of the sommeliers but that is his problem.  He wanted to sell bottles.  Paid a lot more attention to those who bought bottles. 

I was actually alerted to the existence of the Fre sparkling by a wonderful sommelier in Luminae.  Even some regular champagne drinkers tried it after she brought it to the table and they enjoyed it as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

😁  I suspect it was a supply chain issue as I only had a couple of glasses each night.

LOL, that is what I say when I see my bourbon bottle teetering on fumes!!!

Glad to know that you did enjoy as much as was available, regardless...

Cheers and bon voyage

34 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

😁  I suspect it was a supply chain issue as I only had a couple of glasses each night.

I guess you could bring two bottles per cabin.  But wait a minute.   How does that work for non-alcohol wine and bubbly?  Any bottle number restrictions?  Can you bring a case on board like checking water at the dock?😁