Silhouette May 7 Norway cruise, Covid count?

whoshwhosh

Just curious what the passenger count and  Covid cases were on this cruise. I never heard any announcements. Heard the covid count was high.

I was super carefull, did all the right things and tested positive the last day. Very fortunate with mild cold symptoms. 

I am a senior lady traveling solo and right now in a London hotel alone for 5 days hoping to test negative soon to get back to the US. Celebrity support has been minimal. I have had to figure out transport, hotel and testing arrangements on my own. Celebrity made it clear it is all at my own expense. Lucky to have trip insurance. Feel like celebrity couldn't dump me fast enough. Just want to get home and remember the first 6 days of the cruise. Best wishes to all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to here that you got sick and hope you are experiencing dry minor symptoms.  Since you are now in the UK are you able to leave the hotel to explore,  get food or just walk around.

Glad to hear that you had trip insurance, hopefully it will cover your extended stay

Whoshwhosh sorry to hear you tested positive but glad you are experiencing mild symptoms.  We were on the 4/21 Silhouette sailing…over 100+ reported positives on a ship with 2700 passengers,  with many crew also disappears along the way.  We were promised support as the rules changed substantially on 5/1. C glad you have travel insurance.  Have you looked at obtaining a Covid Recovery Certificate in the event you do not test negative?   This is what we used to return home.  Easy and all online you can photo and upload documents.  We used Sloan Testing Centre and there is another named Montague.   Certificate is emailed back you do not need to visit the clinic or have a zoom like encounter.  All based on the documents you provided and your attestation.  We did take out and at in our hotel no problem.    I wish the best for you and getting home soon!

9 minutes ago, 360Guy said:

Whoshwhosh sorry to hear you tested positive but glad you are experiencing mild symptoms.  We were on the 4/21 Silhouette sailing…over 100+ reported positives on a ship with 2700 passengers,  with many crew also disappears along the way.  We were promised support as the rules changed substantially on 5/1. C glad you have travel insurance.  Have you looked at obtaining a Covid Recovery Certificate in the event you do not test negative?   This is what we used to return home.  Easy and all online you can photo and upload documents.  We used Sloan Testing Centre and there is another named Montague.   Certificate is emailed back you do not need to visit the clinic or have a zoom like encounter.  All based on the documents you provided and your attestation.  We did take out and at in our hotel no problem.    I wish the best for you and getting home soon!

Did you use your positive test from the ship to get the COR?  I ask because we leave Saturday for Italy to begin our vacation which includes a cruise on Celebrity.  Thanks in advance!

46 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

Did you use your positive test from the ship to get the COR?  I ask because we leave Saturday for Italy to begin our vacation which includes a cruise on Celebrity.  Thanks in advance!

Yes the report from Celebrity delivered at 9:00 pm the night before disembarkation had the necessary elements needed for the COR along with a photo shot of my passport uploaded.   FYI you may want to familiarize yourselves with the current Italian COVID regulations including quarantine requirements.   If positive the ship may offer you the ability to stay onboard to complete your quarantine or if you disembark unless negative you may be taken to a “quarantine hotel” at your expense.  Rules changed dramatically by Celebrity in terms of post cruise support as of 5/1/22.  Let me know if you have any questions about our experience on the 4/21 Silhouette sailing.  Bear Down!

Edited by 360Guy

3 hours ago, 360Guy said:

Thanks for your reply. I will probably need the certificate. Can you tell me exactly what I need to do. I do have the positive covvid documents from the ship. I am very worried about this and didn't know how to go about it.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Sorry to here that you got sick and hope you are experiencing dry minor symptoms.  Since you are now in the UK are you able to leave the hotel to explore,  get food or just walk around.

Glad to hear that you had trip insurance, hopefully it will cover your extended stay

This may be the case but we are still encouraged to isolate or minimise trips if possible. Certainly wouldn’t recommend going off and sightseeing unless outside and distanced. 

13 minutes ago, rachiem said:

This may be the case but we are still encouraged to isolate or minimise trips if possible. Certainly wouldn’t recommend going off and sightseeing unless outside and distanced. 

I am isolating in my room. Did go out today masked for a walk. Careful not to share elevator or be near anyone.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 360Guy said:

Yes the report from Celebrity delivered at 9:00 pm the night before disembarkation had the necessary elements needed for the COR along with a photo shot of my passport uploaded.   FYI you may want to familiarize yourselves with the current Italian COVID regulations including quarantine requirements.   If positive the ship may offer you the ability to stay onboard to complete your quarantine or if you disembark unless negative you may be taken to a “quarantine hotel” at your expense.  Rules changed dramatically by Celebrity in terms of post cruise support as of 5/1/22.  Let me know if you have any questions about our experience on the 4/21 Silhouette sailing.  Bear Down!

Thank you for the information.  We disembark in Barcelona and have 5 nights booked in a hotel post cruise.   I believe the rules are not as strict as Italy.  We will take precautions and hopefully have an uneventful trip.   

Edited by yogini06
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Whosh should check Jim and Iiams thread.   They have listed several British companies that will get you a COR so you can travel home.

There thread is very long now. Do you have an idea if it is more toward the end?

24 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

I am isolating in my room. Did go out today masked for a walk. Careful not to share elevator or be near anyone.

Getting out is definitely beneficial to your mental health. 
Wishing you a speedy recovery and hopefully a safe trip home soon. 

U.S. guidelines, devised by the CDC, are very detailed: The letter "must be signed and on official letterhead that shows the name, address, and phone number" of the medical professional(s) verifying that you were diagnosed with Covid-19, completed the appropriate period of self-isolation, and have been cleared to reenter society. 

Here are the guideline for what you need. You can get the certificate from an urgent care clinic or doctor if you can find one. Otherwise there are online sources like QuickMD or MDAnywhere.

Edited by Babr

5 hours ago, whoshwhosh said:

Just curious what the passenger count and  Covid cases were on this cruise. I never heard any announcements. Heard the covid count was high.

I was super carefull, did all the right things and tested positive the last day. Very fortunate with mild cold symptoms. 

I am a senior lady traveling solo and right now in a London hotel alone for 5 days hoping to test negative soon to get back to the US. Celebrity support has been minimal. I have had to figure out transport, hotel and testing arrangements on my own. Celebrity made it clear it is all at my own expense. Lucky to have trip insurance. Feel like celebrity couldn't dump me fast enough. Just want to get home and remember the first 6 days of the cruise. Best wishes to all!

Sorry to hear you've caught covid and are far from home. Hope you continue to have only mild symptoms.  It is worrying that Celebrity are just leaving passengers on their own now.

We were on the same sailing and there was no meaningful extra safety measures in place or any difference from a pre covid cruise, except the crew were all masked and there was a lot of cleaning in common areas.  

The only announcement I heard was on the 3rd or 4th day when the Captain said the cases were at 1% and all mild

I don't know what the pax count was but think it was pretty high. I was told that the next cruise, a Baltic sailing, was much quieter, about half full as there had been a lot of cancellations 

Good luck with your plans to get home

Edited by sgmn

Sorry to hear about your positive test result.  One good thing going for you is  that you are in a English speaking country. My son and I got caught in Barcelona and the language barrier really created problems. Try to find a clinic that can issue you a Certificate of Recovery (COR).  Maybe your hotel can offer some assistance. The COR  for my son consisted of the positive test result and a letter by a physician  certifying he was able to travel five days from the day he tested 

positive. He tested positive May 8 and we flew home May 13. There is a lot of erroneous and poor information on the web.  Good luck !  Hope you get home soon. 

14 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

Sorry to hear about your positive test result.  One good thing going for you is  that you are in a English speaking country. My son and I got caught in Barcelona and the language barrier really created problems. Try to find a clinic that can issue you a Certificate of Recovery (COR).  Maybe your hotel can offer some assistance. The COR  for my son consisted of the positive test result and a letter by a physician  certifying he was able to travel five days from the day he tested 

positive. He tested positive May 8 and we flew home May 13. There is a lot of erroneous and poor information on the web.  Good luck !  Hope you get home soon. 

I am glad to hear you are both home and hope you and your son are feeling better.  We will be in Barcelona in October.  If we find ourselves in a similar situation, do you mind sharing information on the clinic/physician you worked with? Thank you!

Edited by 360Guy