Southampton Pre-boarding Testing

himan

Can anyone tell me what type of Covid test Princess are using before boarding at Southampton if passengers are double vaccinated and have had a booster? Is it antigen or PCR or pot luck? Reason I ask is due to our location we are unable to test 2 days before at home as start travelling so will just get the test at the terminal prior to boarding. We live in the UK but off the mainland so need a full day to travel to Southampton. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by himan

23 minutes ago, himan said:

Can anyone tell me what type of Covid test Princess are using before boarding at Southampton if passengers are double vaccinated and have had a booster? Is it antigen or PCR or pot luck? Reason I ask is due to our location we are unable to test 2 days before at home as start travelling so will just get the test at the terminal prior to boarding. We live in the UK but off the mainland so need a full day to travel to Southampton. Thanks in advance for any replies.

It's just the standard swab up both nostrils,  if that helps. 

And you can test three days in advance if you wish. 

20 hours ago, nini said:

You can also do a provided at home test 3 days ahead. We did one at our hotel in our cell phone.

Sorry about the wrong word. "Provided" should be proctored.

Thanks for the replies folks. Everything is a bit tight for getting kits sent to us as the weather often disrupts things. I assume 3 days ahead would mean testing on Wednesday if sailing on Saturday. If that is the case it is a possibility if we could order the kits in plenty of time. Are all these tests done with a video link and results emailed?

51 minutes ago, himan said:

Thanks for the replies folks. Everything is a bit tight for getting kits sent to us as the weather often disrupts things. I assume 3 days ahead would mean testing on Wednesday if sailing on Saturday. If that is the case it is a possibility if we could order the kits in plenty of time. Are all these tests done with a video link and results emailed?

I've just booked with DocHQ this morning.  Test kits delivered within 5 working days, and have booked a video slot for observed test next Thursday.  Results should be available by email shortly after.  £38.50 for the two of us, they give you a 30% discount once you have set up your account.

2 hours ago, Cabernet Girl said:

I've just booked with DocHQ this morning.  Test kits delivered within 5 working days, and have booked a video slot for observed test next Thursday.  Results should be available by email shortly after.  £38.50 for the two of us, they give you a 30% discount once you have set up your account.

Thanks for that info. Do you know how far in advance you can order these kits?

3 hours ago, himan said:

We also live in Scotland and are travelling to S'Hampton.  We will test on Thursday, travel to SH on Friday, stay overnight and board on Saturday.   

10 hours ago, himan said:

Thanks for that info. Do you know how far in advance you can order these kits?

I don't know how long the expire date is on them, but if your going in the next couple of months I'm sure you can order them now.  You may also be able to book your video appointment slot too. You could always email/phone them and ask.

Contact details:-

Email: support@dochq.co.uk

Phone: 03300 880645

Edited by Cabernet Girl

Thanks for the link to Doc HQ. We are leaving from Southhampton in Sept. and share concern about how best to test. Supposedly there are 60 dollar tests available upon boarding (not confirmed by Princess despite my inquiries) but then phrases like may not be available based on demand....throw everything up in the air again. We will be in London prior to cruise and first thought was to test their but initial inquiries looked as if this testing would be 90-120 dollar equivalent. We also looked into Southhampton testing since we will be there the night before but these appear non existent. It seems as if the covid testing facilities have drooped off precipitously but a few of us fortunate travelers still need them.  At 38 pounds I would try the on line proctored test mentioned. Also thought we would bring a few tests with us..... assume if they 'run out' the qualified people could do a proctored test with our kits. Who the heck knows anymore.

8 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

Thanks for the link to Doc HQ. We are leaving from Southhampton in Sept. and share concern about how best to test. Supposedly there are 60 dollar tests available upon boarding (not confirmed by Princess despite my inquiries) but then phrases like may not be available based on demand....throw everything up in the air again. We will be in London prior to cruise and first thought was to test their but initial inquiries looked as if this testing would be 90-120 dollar equivalent. We also looked into Southhampton testing since we will be there the night before but these appear non existent. It seems as if the covid testing facilities have drooped off precipitously but a few of us fortunate travelers still need them.  At 38 pounds I would try the on line proctored test mentioned. Also thought we would bring a few tests with us..... assume if they 'run out' the qualified people could do a proctored test with our kits. Who the heck knows anymore.

We’re also sailing from Southampton this fall and I’ve found that you can book an appointment with Boots in the West Quay mall.  We plan on booking it for the day before embarkation, as we’ll be there a couple of days prior.  There is also another place in the mall that does testing.

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’re also sailing from Southampton this fall and I’ve found that you can book an appointment with Boots in the West Quay mall.  We plan on booking it for the day before embarkation, as we’ll be there a couple of days prior.  There is also another place in the mall that does testing.

Thank you. Will check on this. When I searched I could only find limited testing (mostly clinics, hospitals). I believe Boots is a chain pharmacy which is exactly what I would have hoped for and we are staying right by this mall. 

10 hours ago, Cabernet Girl said:

I don't know how long the expire date is on them, but if your going in the next couple of months I'm sure you can order them now.  You may also be able to book your video appointment slot too. You could always email/phone them and ask.

Contact details:-

Email: support@dochq.co.uk

Phone: 03300 880645

Thanks again for that info. I actually emailed Prenetics last night asking them how far in advance I can order the kits.

We used DAM health test centre for our recent cruise. If you Google them there is a branch in Shirley, Southampton. We used the one in Swansea on our way to our overnight hotel. This was a PCR and we had the results by midnight. Antigen is £22.99 with results in two hours.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

True. We are bringing our tests with us to do at the hotel.  
Did you stay In Southampton? If so, where?

We stayed in London for 3 nights. Our hotel was great as were the staff. We used their WiFi and our IPhone for the testing.

• Thanks 1