Beverage packages - Are they strict on Fountain VS Canned soda and bottled water sizes rules in description of packages?

PaulC29

Haven't sailed on Princess yet - Are they actually strict on the fountain soda/ Cans not included rule as well as only certain size bottled water??  Yes I know minibar/bottles on desk in room are not included.  Sailed on many other lines and fountain vs can and bottle size didn't matter yet did have the same wording for the package description. 

Yes they are

strict about this. They will charge for cans and large water bottles. One exception was in March the Regal ran out of small water bottles on day 2 of a 5 day cruise. They freely handed out large water bottles (in many cases even to those w/o drink packages)!

You can take canned soda and water on board, and Princess does not provide them in the cabins unless you preorder them. I sometimes take Pepsi as I prefer it over Coke. 

The exception is those who have reached Elite, they receive an alcohol and soda package.

Just off the Enchanted last month. We had the plus package. A  diet coke ordered at the Princess live bar was usually a mix of can and fountain, poured in a glass, while the pool deck bars were all fountain.