Cost to upgrade from Surf to Stream?

SusieV

I was looking in the cruise planner but it only seems to have the price to purchase internet and not to upgrade. We already have AI so I was wondering what the difference would be. Is there a discount for Elite members as well?

Thanks!

Take the price for the Stream package and subtract the cost of a Surf package, the difference is what the cost to upgrade has been. 

Yes there is a discount for Elite members, I believe it is 30%.  To get the discount you have to call to upgrade.  Do the math yourself before you call as some of the new reps have had difficulty figuring out the cost and doing the math and applying the discount.

If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Basic Wi-Fi to Premium Wi-Fi, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment. The upgrade charge will be $20 per person per day.  Guests may not purchase a Wi-Fi upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their Basic Wi-fi to Premium Wi-Fi once onboard the ship.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/mx/faqs/always-included

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Basic Wi-Fi to Premium Wi-Fi, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment. The upgrade charge will be $20 per person per day.  Guests may not purchase a Wi-Fi upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their Basic Wi-fi to Premium Wi-Fi once onboard the ship.

Except you can't actually do it through the Cruise Planner. I am well past final payment and less than two weeks from sailing and there is still no upgrade option in the Cruise Planner.

10 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

This may be another time the FAQs are not updated.  On a cruise we have for 10/2023

the difference between Surf and Stream is only $14 pp pp without the Captain's Club discount that is less than the $18  ($11.70 with discount) it was last time I upgraded.  

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Except you can't actually do it through the Cruise Planner. I am well past final payment and less than two weeks from sailing and there is still no upgrade option in the Cruise Planner.

If you want the CC discount you have to call.

I didn't have an option for upgrading Wifi package or Drinks package on my Cruise Planner (am cruising on June). I contacted my TA and they handled it with Celebrity. I also got the Captain's Club discount for both of the upgrades.