Is Walgreens discontinuing rapid NAAT test?

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I can still go to CVS by me, it just involves actually seeing a medical provider in their version of urgent care, "minute clinic."

I just saw that too. Some of the rapid tests say "Not accepted for all travel". I wonder if it is acceptable for cruise travel.

Edited by BaybeeLetsCruise

2 minutes ago, BaybeeLetsCruise said:

I just saw that too. Some of the rapid tests say "Not accepted for all travel". I wonder if it is acceptable for cruise travel.

It is. I've been focused on Walgreens b/c it's a drive-thru and closer to me but I've been aware that CVS was another option long before today.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AspenRed said:

I’m in Pennsylvania. I was able to get an appointment at Walgreens for Wednesday, May 25. It may vary from state to state and location. 

Earlier today there were appointments a week out here. This is a very recent change.

• Like 1

Just now, 247vacation said:

I just took a test at Walgreens today. I wasn't able to schedule it until last Friday. The schedule was only open 1 week at a time. 

I'm aware. Thank you though. The appointments for next Monday-Thursday are no longer available even though they were earlier today.

24 minutes ago, Minimama said:

I have an appointment for Tuesday and I tried to change it and got a message it cannot be changed. I sure to hope they don't cancel it on me!!

Hope so too but I would look for a back up plan just in case.

Something is going on with Walgreens.  This morning I scheduled a test for next Thursday with no problems and they were accepting appointments for a week out here in north Alabama.  I just looked and now the appointment window is back to the 3 days they had during the omicron surge. 

• Like 1

This definitely just changed today. I booked yesterday for 5/25 but now appointments are only showing up as available to book through 5/22. This morning I could still see available appointments for a week out. It appears to be the case everywhere so it looks like Walgreens has gone back to the three day window for booking.

Yikes. I looked early today and was ready just now to book tests for next Friday, the 27th for a cruise 2 days after that, Sunday May 29. Testing for Rapid NAAT is only available through this coming Monday…three days out!

I plan to call tomorrow to be sure they aren’t discontinuing them. We have EMed tests as backup, if needed. I prefer saving them if I can. 

Looks like you can only book 3 days out now. Before midnight last night I couldn’t schedule for Monday but now I can.

That’s better than being discontinued if that’s the case at least.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Earlier today there were appointments a week out here. This is a very recent change.

I was just going to say I made one in new Smyrna beach yesterday for next Thursday. Glitch maybe

• Like 1

Just looked this morning, because I thought a week from now I would be making appointments.... Looks like they are only doing the appointments for the rapid NAAT tests 3 days before and not a week now.... will this change?? probably.... will we deal with it.... more than likely... just another bump in the road to the cruise. 
and I may be a lucky one, but I have other options close by if need be if Walgreens is "doing away" with testing

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Might be because the requests are diminishing. I can get an appointment for today at most local Walgreens. Used to be that you had to book early the day that they were released

Could be. There has been tons of availability by me ever since I started paying attention weeks and weeks ago.

I just went to the hospital to get mine done. My mom works there, they have an on-site lab. It costs the same as going to the pharmacy but it's no appointment necessary. You just need to tell them you need to test for travel. My doctor uses MyChart and the results appeared there in less than an hour.

41 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

It costs the same as going to the pharmacy

It's free like Walgreens? I have several low cost options, but I'd prefer the easiest, free one.

Thanks for providing another option, could be helpful to others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NolaFireLI said:

Just looked this morning, because I thought a week from now I would be making appointments.... Looks like they are only doing the appointments for the rapid NAAT tests 3 days before and not a week now.... will this change?? probably.... will we deal with it.... more than likely... just another bump in the road to the cruise. 
and I may be a lucky one, but I have other options close by if need be if Walgreens is "doing away" with testing

Yeah I'm in PA and thought I'd be able to make appointments today for next Friday,  but I'm only seeing dated through the 23rd. Yesterday i only saw 22nd, so it seems it's just a smaller window to schedule.  

I noticed the same thing here in RI.  I need a test for May 29 for a May 31 sailing.  I have used CVS for my last two cruises but they are no longer offering the rapid test without an inside visit.  I will keep checking to see if things change.