Back to back and covid test

The requirement to test between back-to-back cruises is reportedly now decided by the ship's doctor. If they do require a test and you're fully vaccinated, it is provided on board during the first leg of the trip at no cost.

From Carnival's website:

• I am booked on back-to-back cruises. Will I be tested in between voyages?

Unvaccinated guests will be tested on board in between voyages. From time to time, vaccinated guests may be tested in between voyages.

Back-to-back guests traveling on another Carnival Cruise Line ship within one day of disembarking their first voyage should inform onboard Guest Services in advance so they can receive the required pre-travel COVID-19 test before they disembark. Guests must present their negative test results upon arrival at the cruise terminal for their next voyage.

Back-to-back guests traveling on another Carnival Cruise Line ship within 2-7 days of when they disembark their first voyage should present proof of their previous cruise to the health screening staff at check-in so they can receive the required pre-travel COVID-19 test at the cruise terminal.

The test will be offered on a complimentary basis to vaccinated guests and included in the US$60 (for guests ages 5-11) and $150 (for guests age 12 and older) testing and reporting fee assessed to unvaccinated guests.

Source: https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-faqs

Edited by knagl
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 6:40 AM, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

Is it just a regular test and we show then our test kit results?

The on-board test, if required, will be conducted by Carnival employees. They will have you go to a designated place prior to the end of your first cruise, swab your nose, and send you on your way soon after if the test is negative.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, knagl said:

The on-board test, if required, will be conducted by Carnival employees. They will have you go to a designated place prior to the end of your first cruise, swab your nose, and send you on your way soon after if the test is negative.

I wonder what if required means. Regardless that sounds very easy. I was afraid I'd somehow have to get to a Walgreens and back in a couple hours  :classic_laugh:

3 hours ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

I wonder what if required means. Regardless that sounds very easy. I was afraid I'd somehow have to get to a Walgreens and back in a couple hours  :classic_laugh:

Per current Carnival policy/guidance, requiring tests between B2B cruises is at the discretion of the ship's doctor. From what I've seen recently, very few (if any?) ships are currently requiring testing between B2B.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I was on the Pride TA, and passengers staying on B2B for the first European cruise weren’t tested.  

Currently on the Pride. No testing for b2b cruisers for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was on grandeur OTS and did 4 legs. Only the little kids who werent vaccinated tested between legs and crew. 

So it's not just carnival.

Says up to the ship, but I'd bet no ships are doing it unless there is a big problem. 

• Thanks 1