Dine my way reservations not working

sammybonny

We are on Enchanted next month. I have been trying to make our dining reservations on the app but it hasn't been working for the last week. Anyone else had any problems? 

I dont really want to wait until we get on the ship and then be unable to choose a dining time as we don't like eating too early.

There seems to be a problem with the app. It let's me into the reservation  page and I can choose a time/restaurant but then either eventually says 'error occured' or 'no dining reservations available at this time' or spins and goes back to booking page.

I have really mixed emotions about the app.  This will be my fourth cruise using it.  Once on board the ship, in my case, it has worked flawless.  However putting my information into it prior to the cruise has been less than ideal. I realize it has been 18 years since I retired but I always considered myself somewhat computer literate.  No longer.  What I resent most is how companies just assume you know how to navigate their sites and input info they ask for.  I feel like an uneducated person in so many cases now.  It has, in honesty, taken away from me one of my greatest enjoyments of travel - the preplanning.  I have accepted the 2 hour wait on the phone to talk to a live person over a simple question that could have been done in less than half that time before covid (how often do we have to hear that canned speech about covid causing so may extra phone calls).  I accept the fact that the travel profession is having trouble getting their staff up to date (maybe they shouldn't have been so quick to downgrade) but I really would have liked them to give a youtube type presentation on exactly how to go about downloading passport and certifications on their site.  To those of you who say they have no trouble with the app, I can only say I am truly jealous. I will just take my passport and cert that I have not been able to download into the app, smile and give the rest of the documents at the pier. 

On 5/26/2022 at 3:12 PM, sammybonny said:

We are on Enchanted next month. I have been trying to make our dining reservations on the app but it hasn't been working for the last week. Anyone else had any problems? 

I dont really want to wait until we get on the ship and then be unable to choose a dining time as we don't like eating too early.

Funny thing is that we're seven months away from cruising and it let us choose our DR and times.

Very strange. 🤔

On 5/27/2022 at 6:06 PM, gone2c said:

I really would have liked them to give a youtube type presentation on exactly how to go about downloading passport and certifications on their site.  To those of you who say they have no trouble with the app, I can only say I am truly jealous. I will just take my passport and cert that I have not been able to download into the app, smile and give the rest of the documents at the pier. 

Doing it at the port will work, but you don't need to download. Just input your passport info...number, DOB, name, etc.

IIRC you can use the web-base version as well as the app to do this.

Or if you get lucky and don't have to wait for 2 hours on hold (I called 2 weeks ago and had <5minute wait), the rep will do it for you.

If you use a CVP (Princess Cruise Vacation Planner), he/she might be able to do it for you.

16 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Doing it at the port will work, but you don't need to download. Just input your passport info...number, DOB, name, etc.

IIRC you can use the web-base version as well as the app to do this.

Or if you get lucky and don't have to wait for 2 hours on hold (I called 2 weeks ago and had <5minute wait), the rep will do it for you.

If you use a CVP (Princess Cruise Vacation Planner), he/she might be able to do it for you.

Thanks for the info.  I do have a CVP but I'll just input my info and smile at the pier.  It's one of the advantages of getting older as they just assume you haven't a clue about anything electronic which in this particular case is true. 

Twice I have entered the times we want to eat and the table size.  Once again it had disappeared and now the time we want is gone.  Can we not just show up for open seating?  I thought thats what anytime meant.

I tried going through the process many times with no progress, but then someone said they had an update so I did that.  Once I did that the DMW opens quickly and I was able to finally enter same time each day.  Then I changed a day or two where I wanted to check the other restaurant and that worked too.  The only thing I have not been able to do now is pick a specialty restaurant, using my complimentary gift.  When I go through the process it only shows the pay option and the gift  does not show up.  I have gone it and tried many times but have been unsuccessful.  The app still comes up quickly including the DMW.  

I noticed sometimes the blue line changes to yellow and then back again at various times.  I was trying to find where everyone said to enter your covid documents and finally found that, but only when I used the web version on my home computer. So that finally is done but it said awaiting approval on my certificates but at least they are there.