Queen Mary 2, 29th May round trip crossing.

D&N

5 hours ago, techteach said:

@D&N Showing my DH your wonderful jacket and wishing I could photograph half as well as your beautiful wife.

There's a story there; Since 18 months ago we both lost weight. I mainly followed my wife's diet so couldn't avoid it. I've a lovely 25 year old ivory M&S pure wool tux, which is now too big.
Got this brand new at great price on eBay. It had obviously spent a long time gathering dust in a stock room. Knowing that onboard cleaning is really cheap I packed a dirty tux and left it with note for cabin stewardess the first evening. Next afternoon one perfect tux delivered to cabin.

• Like 4

Weather report: I woke up briefly about 3am, which would have been 4am when we went to bed due to time change. I could just feel a little gentle roll and pitch. That's first I've noticed that. Was surprised when I got up later and sea state didn't look any different from other days. We did have a force 7 around 6am so that may have caused it.

There was noticeably more movement in the gym and walking into wind on deck 12 was difficult. Don't think we'll be doing much sun bathing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

Are Cunard doing anything special for the Jubilee ?

There's something on this afternoon about 3pm based around Grand Lobby. Photo opportunities followed by a street party afternoon tea in Britannia.

• Like 4

For anyone interested I'm taking all our photos with a Blltzwolf BS10 selfie stick/tripod.

I try to remember to hide the tiny  remote control in my palm while taking photos.

https://m.blitzwolf.com/BlitzWolf-BW-BS10-All-In-One-Portable-Selfie-Stick-with-Retractable-Tripod,-Hidden-Phone-Clamp,-Up-to-720mm-Length,--Removable-Remote-Control-p-358.html

Edited by D&N

@D&N Ahhh a selfie stick - I’ve been wondering how you were getting such great photos. I love the story of the tux. Good for you two on the weight loss. Bet it’s hard to keep it off on the cruise. I’m working to loose 10 pounds before December when we sail. Enjoy the festivities today.

34 minutes ago, D&N said:

There's something on this afternoon about 3pm based around Grand Lobby. Photo opportunities followed by a street party afternoon tea in Britannia.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it if you're participating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it if you're participating.

We're going to see what it's like. There's a cute corgi on one of the cakes.

Compress_20220602_173810_0383.jpg

Compress_20220602_173810_0131.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, techteach said:

@D&N Ahhh a selfie stick - I’ve been wondering how you were getting such great photos. I love the story of the tux. Good for you two on the weight loss. Bet it’s hard to keep it off on the cruise. I’m working to loose 10 pounds before December when we sail. Enjoy the festivities today.

We do 40 minutes intense cardio after breakfast each morning followed by 30 minutes weights, resistance & stretches. And we think we have waiters trained to get portion size limited. We had 1 course, a sliced orange, wine and water for lunch in preparation for what might be offered this afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pear Carr said:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. There appear to be people seated at the bar in one of your earlier photos - is this now allowed?

I noticed that at time. 3 men who appeared to be together and chatting to the barman, and he seemed to be serving them. However there is a big notice on the bar stating it is not permitted.

We're not bar people, like comfy seats.

Street party was a food and ice sculpture display between Grand Lobby and main Golden Lion entrance. Big queue to shuffle past it and get to Britannia. Looked like a super spreader event to me. Thankfully quite a few others put on masks.

We did get to sit at the big round table in centre of Britannia main. Not a Gala Night but will do.

It didn't really show off Nora's lunch/tea outfit so we took other snaps of her.

After a couple of the tastiest looking savouries and a tiny cup of tea (my first for about 8 years) we left for Chart Room and some real tea and coffee.

Incidentally yesterday a waiter we hadn't seen before tried to serve me a cup of brown water in the Chart Room as an Americano. Promptly sent back and a cup with a little froth and lovely strong caffeine taste replaced it.

Compress_20220602_194433_3614.jpg

Compress_20220602_194327_7666.jpg

• Like 3

Just a note. We are strong supporters of the Royal Family in general. But to me street parties are for streets. I'd have rather seen an extra gala night with a jubilee theme rather than folk dressing in patriotic T-shirts etc.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 6:07 AM, D&N said:

Yesterday's lunch and dinner again. We found the blue sunburst rug by accident and couldn't resist the background for the dress.

Actually noticed some movement yesterday. The cross trainer moved gently underneath me a few times and I spotted the horizon moving.

I think I'm mastering the internet thing. But a few more days and finding time needed to report.

The gym awaits!

Compress_20220601_105927_7137.jpg

Compress_20220601_105927_7594.jpg

Compress_20220601_105926_6688.jpg

I'm not sure this is appropriate here, but I absolutely love the dress you are wearing on the blue sunburst rug.  Again, not sure it's appropriate to ask, but if it is, could you share the maker of the dress and where you got it?  Would be much appreciated.  You look fabulous in it (as you both look fabulous in all of your outfits)!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweetpea711423 said:

I'm not sure this is appropriate here, but I absolutely love the dress you are wearing on the blue sunburst rug.  Again, not sure it's appropriate to ask, but if it is, could you share the maker of the dress and where you got it?  Would be much appreciated.  You look fabulous in it (as you both look fabulous in all of your outfits)!

It was Roman Originals, Livingston branch in November 2019. Their prices are quite cheap. I didn't like it originally, thought it was a bit dowdy, but Nora wore it last New Year and it looked quite good. It's far too big now but I think she managed to hide that.

19 minutes ago, thumbun said:

Love your posts.  Coming aboard on Sunday in New York.  Can't wait!!!!

See you then. Don't think next week is quite so glitzy. Certainly nothing as short as tonight or long as tomorrow.

Got to go dancing now!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D&N said:

It was Roman Originals, Livingston branch in November 2019. Their prices are quite cheap. I didn't like it originally, thought it was a bit dowdy, but Nora wore it last New Year and it looked quite good. It's far too big now but I think she managed to hide that.

Many thanks for this!  She looks absolutely beautiful in the dress (as she looks in everything you have posted).  A lovely lady (and a handsome gentleman).

Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another casual night 😉😉😉!

We were astounded when we found this in Oxford Street last November.

Think it went down fairly well tonight.

Found ourselves running between Queens Room and G32 depending on what numbers were on. Got a proper Rhumba and a Quickstep (with smaller steps) with Exxpire in G32.

Compress_20220603_024810_0181.jpg

Compress_20220603_024810_0599.jpg

Compress_20220603_024809_9733.jpg

Edited by D&N
  • Like 2

You can have the report from the bridge this morning.

Woke to howling gale. Keel shuddering but hardly any movement other than forward.

Absolutely stunning handling!

Outside deck 12 is surprisingly dry and again sea state doesn't look that bad. There's enough movement to need care tying this leaning against a window frame.

Compress_20220603_092654_4272.jpg

Compress_20220603_092653_3908.jpg

• Like 1

Think we were briefly the cabaret act last night. Band's first number at 9pm was a Quickstep. We were up promptly then found ourselves alone for whole tune.

Now was that our dancing or the dress 🤣?

Everyone dances well here. Not seen a collision so far. There's a couple who are far better than us at Latin but think we're probably up there with most of the Ballroom.

Not that it's a competition of course but you don't want to make a mess and get in the road of others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We do have some more casual outfits with us; lunch today.

And winds have calmed to force 5, I'd say sea was back to 50 cm waves.

There are some shortages on board. We've had problems at times getting Cunard Rosé in some bars. And the only Grand Mariner on board was for Crêpes Suzette. Our Sommelier tried to get us a glass each but was refused.

Carinthia has none of the Portuguese whites by glass on it's menu.

Compress_20220603_173149_9068.jpg

Edited by D&N
Autocorrect removed my carefully applied acute.
  • Like 1

This morning the sky is a light grey colour, no sign of sun. On deck it feels there's a little moisture in air but quite mild temperatures. Hardly know the ship is moving unless you look out window.

Compress_20220604_110526_6401.jpg

Compress_20220604_110302_2384.jpg