What is a “good” price for UDP - Symphony in Oct?

Just got a sale email for additions to my Symphony cruise in late October.  I’m tempted by the UDP package which is claiming to be 50% off at $208 per person.  Is this a good deal or will it be offered at any better price closer to the cruise or once on board?  (My only other experience with a dining package was on NCL and wasn’t good as it was impossible to actually get into the restaurants at any reasonable dining time due to large family groups making multiple reservations (so they could pick one and not turn up at the others) on a Xmas week cruise … ended up getting the package price refunded after a talk with guest services!)

11 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

Just got a sale email for additions to my Symphony cruise in late October.  I’m tempted by the UDP package which is claiming to be 50% off at $208 per person.  Is this a good deal or will it be offered at any better price closer to the cruise or once on board?  (My only other experience with a dining package was on NCL and wasn’t good as it was impossible to actually get into the restaurants at any reasonable dining time due to large family groups making multiple reservations (so they could pick one and not turn up at the others) on a Xmas week cruise … ended up getting the package price refunded after a talk with guest services!)

I've been seeing $266 for 7 nite cruises.  Plus they are adding prepaid 18% gratuities to that amount.  You can always book and cancel. I'm paying $393 + gratuities for an 8 nite on the Mariner in July.  I don't think I'll see that rate again. (this is all for 2 people)

Edited by torpeedo

My symphony November cruise is also $208/person. It fluctuates between $220 and $208. I'm waiting for it to go down to $189 but I don't think that'll happen. 

I figured this weekend would have a good Memorial Day sale, but it's the same price it's been all week. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

23 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

I've been seeing $266 for 7 nite cruises.  Plus they are adding prepaid 18% gratuities to that amount.  You can always book and cancel. I'm paying $393 + gratuities for an 8 nite on the Mariner in July.  I don't think I'll see that rate again. (this is all for 2 people)

Correction, the $393 is for two people.  The $266 is for ONE person

It varies by ship and sailing. What someone else got on another ship for a different sailing likely will have little bearing on what you may have on yours.  What will end up being the best for you is whatever the planner sale for your sailing shows.  You can always cancel and rebook if a better price appears.