Is carnival sunrise out of dry dock?

im4clowns

Yes, out of dry dock and significantly understaffed.  I was just on the 5/26/22 sailing and I don’t even want to blame the staff for the lack of service, because other than a few exceptions, they were doing their best. The problem appears to be that Carnival cannot get visas for their potential employees. This may be true. But then the issue is not whether or not they have enough staff; the issue is why is Carnival booking their ships to maximum occupancy if they do not have enough staff to service all the people? I do not believe that they have enough staff on the Sunrise for 1,000 people, let alone 3,000+...which is how many were on the Memorial Day weekend cruise.  It was a disaster. 

42 minutes ago, ufalum88 said:

Yes, out of dry dock and significantly understaffed.  I was just on the 5/26/22 sailing and I don’t even want to blame the staff for the lack of service, because other than a few exceptions, they were doing their best. The problem appears to be that Carnival cannot get visas for their potential employees. This may be true. But then the issue is not whether or not they have enough staff; the issue is why is Carnival booking their ships to maximum occupancy if they do not have enough staff to service all the people? I do not believe that they have enough staff on the Sunrise for 1,000 people, let alone 3,000+...which is how many were on the Memorial Day weekend cruise.  It was a disaster. 

I forgot to mention that most of the elevators were unavailable throughout the cruise without any explanation as to why certain elevator banks of 6 only had one working.

13 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Aside from the paintjob - what else was accomplished in the drydock?

Tom

Carnival has been unprofitable for the past 2 plus years so they're not doing anything in drydock right now except what is actually required to do, plus the new livery.

11 hours ago, mz-s said:

Carnival has been unprofitable for the past 2 plus years so they're not doing anything in drydock right now except what is actually required to do, plus the new livery.

No doubt it's been very tough on them. So, I guess that they didn't release any info about other things (replacement of carpets/cushions/mattresses/etc.). That's not surprising, I've been reading very little in that regard across multiple lines.

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

No doubt it's been very tough on them. So, I guess that they didn't release any info about other things (replacement of carpets/cushions/mattresses/etc.). That's not surprising, I've been reading very little in that regard across multiple lines.

Tom

My two cruises on Sunshine after her late 2021 drydock bear witness to the fact that they certainly did not replace any worn carpeting. They didn't even re-lacquer the wood handrails on the open decks.

• Like 1

Allegedly, they increased bandwidth on their Wi-fi.  I can tell you that this is either not true, or they are so overbooking, that we could tell no different between a February and a May sailing.

Edited by ufalum88

37 minutes ago, ufalum88 said:

Allegedly, they increased bandwidth on their Wi-fi.  I can tell you that this is either not true, or they are so overbooking, that we could tell no different between a February and a May sailing.

Yep - that's one of those things they can claim but, unlike new carpets/etc, there's little way to verify it !

Tom