An update on Future Cruise Credits.....

canadarocks

Just wanted to let everyone know that, at least in our case, Future Cruise Credits that supposedly HAD to be used by December 31 2022 can indeed be extended. For those that don't know, we had to cancel two HAL cruises earlier this year due to COVID. No issues with refunds and FCCs, but we encountered some "pushback" with the December 31 2022 mandate for using those FCCs. 

My TA managed to convince HAL to extend the date to January 4 2023. We have just changed our cruising plans and those same FCCs are now being applied to a January 25 2023 cruise. 

Of course YMMV ..... but if this helps someone else in the same situation.... paying it forward is always my "go to" here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Isn’t it that you have to assign the FCC by the given date, not actually cruise by the give. Date?

That's definitely not what I dealt with earlier this year. Perhaps the "rules" have changed?

17 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Isn’t it that you have to assign the FCC by the given date, not actually cruise by the given Date?

When HAL started issuing FCCs, they had to be used by Dec 31, 2021 for a cruise that sailed by Dec 31, 2022. Later FCCs were use by Dec 2022 and sail by the same date,

• Thanks 1

We just ran into this from spending time in "Covid Town" on Zuiderdam in March.  😷  The paperwork the ship gave us after we were released said "must use by end of 2022" but on HAL's site it said they are valid for 1 year from date of issue, and in fact that's what ours were once they were issued.  YMMV

15 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that, at least in our case, Future Cruise Credits that supposedly HAD to be used by December 31 2022 can indeed be extended. For those that don't know, we had to cancel two HAL cruises earlier this year due to COVID. No issues with refunds and FCCs, but we encountered some "pushback" with the December 31 2022 mandate for using those FCCs. 

My TA managed to convince HAL to extend the date to January 4 2023. We have just changed our cruising plans and those same FCCs are now being applied to a January 25 2023 cruise. 

Of course YMMV ..... but if this helps someone else in the same situation.... paying it forward is always my "go to" here. 

I’m a little confused.  Your original use by date was December 31, 2022 and your TA got it extended to January 4, 2023 - so it was extended by 4 days? 

34 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Exactly. Seems ridiculous to have to fight for just a 4 day extension, but we did. Surprisingly, two days ago getting a 3 week extension wasn't a problem at all. 

I saw on another social media page that Royal Caribbean has eliminated expiration dates of FCC. There is now a thread on CC regarding this situation also. 

I would love for HAL to jump on that bandwagon.

• Like 2