Is test required flying back to US from Scotland?

We recently returned from an Alaskan cruise, flying home to US from Canada. The US required a negative test before we could fly home. Curious if the US will require a test when we fly home from Scotland in Sept. Things can change, of course. But is it currently required? Thanks for any info.

9 minutes ago, 1965 said:

We recently returned from an Alaskan cruise, flying home to US from Canada. The US required a negative test before we could fly home. Curious if the US will require a test when we fly home from Scotland in Sept. Things can change, of course. But is it currently required? Thanks for any info.

Yes.

Air passengers traveling to the US are required to present a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or documentation of recovery for all passengers before boarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Yes.

Air passengers traveling to the US are required to present a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or documentation of recovery for all passengers before boarding.

Thank you. 

I have found this site to be very useful.  It is an interactive system that allows you to input what passport you will be traveling under, what country you are leaving from, and what country you are traveling to, and it will churn out whatever you need to know about testing, quarantining, vaccination requirements, etc. 

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/map?affiliateId=sherpa&language=en-US

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I have found this site to be very useful.  It is an interactive system that allows you to input what passport you will be traveling under, what country you are leaving from, and what country you are traveling to, and it will churn out whatever you need to know about testing, quarantining, vaccination requirements, etc. 

Thanks very much!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Thank you for this. I know a recent college graduate who is leaving in a couple of weeks to bounce around Asia for a month. I know she’s spent no time thinking about this, and sent the link on to her. 

• Like 2

Interesting that CDC rules do not require a test if you recover from Covid. It is well documented that people can be reinfected. Also, the farcical inclusion of Canada, though you can drive across the border with no test.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Interesting that CDC rules do not require a test if you recover from Covid. It is well documented that people can be reinfected. 

I too have wondered when the "one and done" myth will subside.

We recently did the May 9th British Isles cruise on the Emerald and YES... it was required. We are the only country left who requires it. Who knows how long it will go on. And I must tell you that it is STRESSFUL! Fortunately, we were negative and could fly home together, unlike many other couples!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nini said:

We are the only country left who requires it.

That is far from true.  Use the interactive map that I linked and enter the UK as your departure country, and "vaccinated" as your status.  You will see that there are 67 countries that still have testing requirements.  Some require a negative test pre-departure (Bermuda, Bahamas, Sudan, India, Russia, to name a few) and some require a mandatory negative test upon arrival before you are released into the general population (Algeria, China, Venezuela to name a few.)  In all, there are 67 countries where you need to do something other than waltz right in. 

• Thanks 1