SS Cloud Live...ish JUNE 1-14

highplanesdrifters

41 minutes ago, WesW said:

highplanesdrifters; thanks for sharing your Wind expedition visits to St. Mary's Isle of Man, and Iona, Scotland.  Hike looked like fun, and good job on posting the video too.

You are very welcome. I have enjoyed so many of yours. Just trying to support the team.

2 hours ago, WesW said:

highplanesdrifters; thanks for sharing your Wind expedition visits to St. Mary's Isle of Man, and Iona, Scotland.  Hike looked like fun, and good job on posting the video too.

You are very welcome. I have enjoyed so many of yours. Just trying to support the team.

• Like 1

Sorry to interrupt but 

SILVERSEA ARE YOU LISTENING?

Mutiny on the Cloud

We have just been informed by reception in a very insulting way that we are not on the charter flight from Tromso to Oslo at the end of the cruise. Only passengers who booked Door2Door directly with Silversea are on the charter. We were told our Travel Agent was supposed to book this flight independently. Crazy. You can't make this up.

FYI, There was no Port2Port option. It clearly stated that the flight was included.

Passenger revolt starting and Travel Agent heads are exploding.

Stay tuned.

I do not want this to reflect badly on Expedition and wait staff. The deserve their own glowing report to come later.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:29 AM, Stumblefoot said:

It’s amazing how different procedures are ship to ship.  Probably based on local requirements, but nonetheless, wonder if SS provides this wide degree of latitude to its captains?

Wouldn’t it be better to have requirements from Headquarters or if latitude is given on the ship then the Doctor on the ship give the order?

59 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Wouldn’t it be better to have requirements from Headquarters or if latitude is given on the ship then the Doctor on the ship give the order?

IMO, processes and procedures should be identical, regardless of ship, other than those required by law or mandate.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

IMO, processes and procedures should be identical, regardless of ship, other than those required by law or mandate.

I agree, just when you said latitude is given.  

I just got off the Silver Cloud on June 1 in Southampton (did a lot of the same ports but in reverse order to you).  Our hotel was the Conrad London St. James.  I know that a lot of the people heading off to the Silver Cloud for the next leg, were also at the Conrad.  However, the traffic on June 2 going to Heathrow was tricky due to closed streets for the Trouping of the Colour parade.  My cruise was Halifax Canada to Southampton via Greenland.  I found the ship and the crew to be terrific.  I also really appreciated the way the captain navigated the tricky weather from Greenland to Scotland.  The ship was in good condition and I did not notice any cigarette smell in the public areas.  The smokers seemed to confine themselves to the Connoisseur Lounge.  I had no issues with the transportation provided by Silversea at either end of the trip. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yayoye said:

I just got off the Silver Cloud on June 1 in Southampton (did a lot of the same ports but in reverse order to you).  Our hotel was the Conrad London St. James.  I know that a lot of the people heading off to the Silver Cloud for the next leg, were also at the Conrad.  However, the traffic on June 2 going to Heathrow was tricky due to closed streets for the Trouping of the Colour parade.  My cruise was Halifax Canada to Southampton via Greenland.  I found the ship and the crew to be terrific.  I also really appreciated the way the captain navigated the tricky weather from Greenland to Scotland.  The ship was in good condition and I did not notice any cigarette smell in the public areas.  The smokers seemed to confine themselves to the Connoisseur Lounge.  I had no issues with the transportation provided by Silversea at either end of the trip. 

Thanks for your report. Glad to hear all things were ship shape and ran smoothly.  The cigarette smell in the public rooms is a mystery. There is a chain smoker on board who was even smoking at the big Puffin site. Smoking is allowed at the pool and outdoor panorama lounge starboard side. Cmon Silversea!  Our transfer Saga continues. Details to come.

1 hour ago, yayoye said:

Thanks for your report. Glad to hear all things were ship shape and ran smoothly.  The cigarette smell in the public rooms is a mystery. There is a chain smoker on board who was even smoking at the big Puffin site. Smoking is allowed at the pool and outdoor panorama lounge starboard side. Cmon Silversea!  Our transfer Saga continues. Details to come.

June 5

Loch Scavage and Loch Corisk lie at the southern end of Isle of Skye.

Another glorious perfect day. Blue skies, seas of glass,  light winds and warm temperatures continue. We are all pinching ourselves. 

There are numerous hikes offered every day with varying defrees of difficulty along with free roaming. We love to kayak, but have not signed up yet because the thought of donning the dry suits in 70 degree weather is not sounding attractive. Sauna on the seas.🤣 we worked up a bit of a lather on this hike and pondered swimming back to the ship or at least a refreshing dip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the absolutely fabulous photography. All were

beautiful but I found the Abbey particularly breathtaking.

Hopefully SS steps up to the tarmac and correctly 

resolves flight issues. I have the feeling that they have

confused themselves with their changes in marketing.Paula

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulaJK said:

Thank you for the absolutely fabulous photography. All were

beautiful but I found the Abbey particularly breathtaking.

Hopefully SS steps up to the tarmac and correctly 

resolves flight issues. I have the feeling that they have

confused themselves with their changes in marketing.Paula

Thanks Paula. Will keep you posted. Ironically we wanted to stay longer in Tromso area. 🤣