Internet service currently on the Regal or Enchanted in the Med. How is it?

Ken the cruiser

I saw Allison and Gordon's Let's Go Travel Tips YouTube from the Regal Princess in the Med right now. They said it is terrible during the day and slightly better at night. They're using their cellular data when on land/in port. The lack of internet is effecting the use of the Medallion app. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are on Regal now. OK, internet is not fantastic, but obviously I can read and reply on CC, post pictures on other websites, browse the internet, check my flight details etc.

So I would say that for the average user, the internet connection is more than adequate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

We are on Regal now. OK, internet is not fantastic, but obviously I can read and reply on CC, post pictures on other websites, browse the internet, check my flight details etc.

So I would say that for the average user, the internet connection is more than adequate.

Thanks! That's what we were hoping to hear. We just use email, my DW plays games, and I, of course, post to CC. 😀

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! That's what we were hoping to hear. We just use email, my DW plays games, and I, of course, post to CC. 😀

Not  sure what games your DW plays, but the speed might be a bit slow for "Call of Duty". 

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:19 PM, jpswoon said:

The lack of internet is effecting the use of the Medallion app. 

Use of the app on board does not involve any use of the Internet and thus should not be affected by any Internet problems.

Use of the app on board uses the ship's intranet.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, can't do it. Taking too long to load !

Which says to me that the internet is still as dire as it was on our Sky Princess cruise in March. Basic websites we’re fine but couldn’t use social media. Booked on the 25 night Canada & New England cruise in September. Still debating whether or not to pay the final balance given the various negativity from recent passengers on food, service (possibly due to reduced crew numbers) etc. If you don’t mind me asking, how are you finding these things on the Regal?

34 minutes ago, Alanr204 said:

Tonight on Regal somewhere between Athens and Santorini:

453DBD93-FD76-4028-AADD-55676A14F3F8.png

Thanks! I can work with that as it's pretty much around the average speed we've encountered on the Celebrity and other Princess cruises we've done this past year around the Caribbean and through the PC.

We just got off the Regal (May 21-28, 2022).  We thought the Wifi was very slow and had difficulty at night which is not what other posters have stated.  The night before our cruise ended I went to the Service Desk to talk to them and they told me to go to Internet Cafe and speak to the Manager (he leaves at 8:00 pm) and he will adjust our bill.  I did go speak to him and he asked me what the problems were.  I stated that on Tuesday & Wednesday nights we had ZERO wifi.  He concurred and said that they had Satellite problems on both those nights.  He adjusted my bill  for those 2 nights.  I wish I could tell you the amount he adjusted it but I got distracted, and he said he would do it and I walked away. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ace_Caliente said:

I've been going back and forth on whether it makes sense to shell out $10 USD / day for so so when I know we'll have data on land almost every day. Is it usually easy to get free wifi while in European ports?

Yes, most port terminals have free wifi.