Diamond Four Drinks Per Day

Hello, everybody, back from my Mariner sailing.  So, our drinks packages would have cost 1300 for my wife and I.  Due to this high pricing, we decided to bring wine on board, use our four diamond drinks per day, bring booze in our carry on luggage, and my wife's brother usually bought a bottle of wine at dinner.

The amount we spent on drinks was just under 250, which included a bottle of wine for 92, with tip.  We actually spent more on tips, total of 348 for three, than our drinks.  Going forward, we will never again purchase the drinks package, unless I am on a short boys only cruise, only then would it make sense.

Cheers.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 2:01 PM, topnole said:

You don’t transfer your Diamond benefit to someone else.  You use it, and if you want to give away what you received, that is up to you.  But under 21

diamonds don’t get alcoholic beverages as part of their benefit.  So that can’t order a beer and give it to you.  Seems pretty clear that you can’t get alcoholic drinks off a kids Diamond benefits.  I wondered this in the past based on prior comments I’ve read, but just imagine the liability issues if this was the norm.  

I was thinking the drinking age on the ship is 18?  I know when we accidentally were on the Liberty of the Seas, for University of Florida Spring Break, the kids all had the drink package, and most of them were not 21.

jc

On 6/14/2022 at 11:14 AM, maggie.1008 said:

I am Elite Plus with Celebrity. Do I get 4 vouchers ? What other perks would I receive. 

You will be Diamond on Royal (that’s the highest reciprocal status match). You will get 4 vouchers a day

11 hours ago, woneill63 said:

Hello, everybody, back from my Mariner sailing.  So, our drinks packages would have cost 1300 for my wife and I.  Due to this high pricing, we decided to bring wine on board, use our four diamond drinks per day, bring booze in our carry on luggage, and my wife's brother usually bought a bottle of wine at dinner.

The amount we spent on drinks was just under 250, which included a bottle of wine for 92, with tip.  We actually spent more on tips, total of 348 for three, than our drinks.  Going forward, we will never again purchase the drinks package, unless I am on a short boys only cruise, only then would it make sense.

Cheers.

Yeah.  But the  package is so convenient and it is so hard handing them a sea card to buy a drink.   Insert sarcasm don’t here.  

On 6/4/2022 at 7:10 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Yes the tip was added because it was a drink that was charged. Voucher drinks are not charged so there is no place to add a tip. Waiters/barstaff get O tip from a voucher drink.

Yes that’s why we tip for each drink 😉

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I was thinking the drinking age on the ship is 18?  I know when we accidentally were on the Liberty of the Seas, for University of Florida Spring Break, the kids all had the drink package, and most of them were not 21.

jc

No, it's 21.