Cancelation policy

victory2020

I was thinking of switching or canceling my upcoming cruise includes. Final payment is topayment is today and I was told by my travel agent that there's a $250 penalty for canceling. Has this always been in fact? Or is it because I'm canceling on the last day?

4 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I was thinking of switching or canceling my upcoming cruise includes. Final payment is topayment is today and I was told by my travel agent that there's a $250 penalty for canceling. Has this always been in fact? Or is it because I'm canceling on the last day?

The $250  is an admin fee & can be used for a future booking

See the fine print (should be on your invoice)

also

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005306234-What-is-your-cancellation-and-refund-policy-

1 minute ago, victory2020 said:

You’re already in the “penalty phase” quite some time before final payment. If you had booked onboard, you could transfer to a different cruise without penalty.

22 hours ago, victory2020 said:

The "final payment deadline" and the "free cancellation deadline" is not the same date. Usually the latter is one month earlier.

For example, if the final payment deadline is June 3rd, the free cancellation deadline would be around May 3rd.

If you want to cancel without penalty, you have to inform your travel agent before May 3rd. But you can wait until June 3rd to settle the final payment.

22 minutes ago, susiesan said:

If you cancel and have the $250 admin fee credit in your account be careful about when you need to use it by. It doesn't last forever, has an expiration date.

Thank you. Do you happen to know how long they are good for? My travel agent said 1 year from sail date (September) or is it 1 year from June ( when I canceled)?

13 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Thank you. Do you happen to know how long they are good for? My travel agent said 1 year from sail date (September) or is it 1 year from June ( when I canceled)?

+The Administrative Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation date and for travel within two years of issue. 

See the link in post #2  for details

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

+The Administrative Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation date and for travel within two years of issue. 

See the link in post #2  for details

Thank you. I assumed that the cancellation date was more logical.