New to MSC! Cruising Soon! Soooo Many Questions!

texangal39

55 minutes ago, texangal39 said:

Thank you for the information and the offer to answer my Portugal questions! I’m focused on Lisbon and am researching the areas I want to do my short term rental in and will make my arrangements in the next 2 to 3 months and plan to contact a real estate agent to handle everything in the next few months. I will reach out via message if I have any questions for you so we don’t derail this thread any further 😃

That's it, many thanks!... Ask away if you want. Meanwhile: The best area for you to have a huge top speed internet for high top professionals in Lisbon is Parque das Nações, home of the Expo'98. It's a modern area that provides top services pretty much on everything else. Yeah, it's amongst the most expensive ones here, but you won't regret. Have a nice day!...

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2022 at 10:34 AM, alohayall said:

Service is as good as any other line I have sailed. And I am just a peon in an interior cabin (but also Diamond level, thanks to their Status Matching Program).

When you come back, let us know what you thought.

Bon Voyage.

How did you ever get the status matching approved? We can not get an answer. Thx for any info you can help with.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

How did you ever get the status matching approved? We can not get an answer. Thx for any info you can help with.

I sent mine in. A day later sent in my sister’s - which came through the next day.  I did mine again overnight and got an answer at business opening.

Many reports of delays in other people’s Status Match.  (Weeks, maybe months). I wonder if it is one person doing the processing - and not daily?  The other secret may be in what you send as proof of qualifying program.

I matched Disney Cruise Line - made a screen shot of the page that showed my name, membership number and status. It probably had the internet search date at the top.  

As with things MSC, sometimes it is just follow-through.  I actually have not had any significant problems with them.  They just don’t seem to have achieved a proactive, confident customer service corps that I grew up with from corporations.  

Good luck.  I think the free dinner (each cruise) in Butcher’s Cut + the % off cruise fare is definitely worth any effort to follow through.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 9:03 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

I did my status match directly from the website and got a response 2 days later. Send in a screenshot of my NCL status that showed my name, latitudes number, and status. It may have helped that I did it about 30 days before my upcoming cruise.

On 6/11/2022 at 10:03 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

Try this:

MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com

Be sure to put your matching documentation (Club ID #, and status level) in the email as an attachment.  It worked for me.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 10:31 AM, alohayall said:

MSC has the best pizza at sea.  It’s Neapolitan style, with a thin crust.  After eating it everyday for a week, very few others satisfy.  

>>The idea of a quarter inch of cheese on a pizza came from Chicago not Rome or Naples.  

Edited by ew101
  • Haha 1