Men's formal night attire question

On 6/4/2022 at 4:38 PM, publicpersona said:

The simple truth is that unless you are very underdressed for any night (think tank top, shorts, and baseball cap), no one cares nor do they have any right to care. 

I would say no one should care even with this! How does what ANYONE else is wearing affect the taste of dinner?

• Like 1

You can wear khaki and button down shirt with a tie.  My husband always wore a tux and I wear a cocktail dress.  Dressing up for dinner is one of our favorite thing to do,  We don't get to dress at home so it is a treat for us.

• Like 1

We prefer to dress up- Not a tux and gown- but dress pants,  jacket shirt and tie for my DH and cocktail attire for me.  My DH wears khaki type pants and a button down shirt other nights- and I either a sundress or pants with a blouse other nights.

Still see people who look like they rolled out of bed on formal night- (and every night)  so to each his or her own.

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We prefer to dress up- Not a tux and gown- but dress pants,  jacket shirt and tie for my DH and cocktail attire for me.  My DH wears khaki type pants and a button down shirt other nights- and I either a sundress or pants with a blouse other nights.

Still see people who look like they rolled out of bed on formal night- (and every night)  so to each his or her own.

Maybe some like to wear their dress pants,  jacket shirt and tie and cocktail attire to bed. 🤣

• Haha 1

We just returned from two weeks on Allure. I decided to take my tux because it fit for the first time in a long while. In the MDR there may have been 10% of men in suits, 1% in tuxes, 75% in slacks and button down, and the rest were shorts. I was surprised at the lack of dressed up people, especially the people in shorts on formal night. We also had a suite and there were many people in the suite lounge in shorts with a nice shirt. Our next cruise is in December and the dress clothes are staying home. I will take khakis and island shirts for all dinners, no ties or jackets. Just think of how much less we will have to pack, maybe a whole suitcase. Have a great time