What’s it currently like on the Regal? Just curious as there are no “Live from” threads

Ken the cruiser

2 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

Had friends on the ship last month. The husband tested positive while on the ship. The wife did not. From their post: 

"Ongoing cruise/trip saga continues…happy to be released from Covid jail yesterday had a nice day in Naples went to upload documents to United this am (flight is tomorrow) and they told me that I am not allowed to fly to the US until Tuesday after 7:36am per CDC hurray more work from anywhere time seriously?
If you want to travel internationally keep in mind that you could be having an extended vacation, you can’t fly to the US from outside the US if you test positive until the first 10 full days after the positive test, would be nice if actually retired and insured the trip. Well at least we insured the trip. Onto Barcelona tomorrow when we get off the ship."

This is why I am glad this year we are returning to our home port in the US by transatlantic.  Next year we aren't so lucky unless we change a few things.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

There was a massive reduction in speed sometime between January, and early February.

It was announced somewhere, that Princess changed satellite providers.

My guess is they opted for a cheaper, slower/throttled service.

You might be on to something there, but I doubt they will admit to it.

52 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I thought all of your tours were full?

I used to do the tour coordinating thing but it started taking away from the enjoyment of the cruise or at least the port.  I don't mind if someone we meet on board wants to join us on something we've booked on our own though.

No, not really.  And I have not gotten to some ports.

We have Amalfi Coast Oct 02; Provence & Luberon Oct 16 (Marseilles); Oct 21 Santorini; Nov 09 Rhodes.  Also, some ports not sure of and - like you - often see something someone else has setup and go for that.  The few things publicly setup are with larger groups and we like the smaller group.  Only one of our voyages has a group spreadsheet (that helps).  I know it is a lot of work.  But we often find that the work to find a highly-rated provider and then having a small group ends up with a rewarding experience.  I am happy to join like-minded folks if we are interested in their idea.

50 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with Covid.  Maybe people are less inclined to pair up with strangers right now.

It is possible, but no one has mentioned it and I see folks signing up for larger groups or they are doing PCL excursions which involve more people and hence more exposure.  There may be a lot of hesitation or concern that conditions might change and exclude/prevent private touring.  I see things changing for the better as time passes.  Perhaps there are folks in the "wait-and-see" mode and there will be more interest after FP Date.

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

That was reported in a live vlog from the Let's Go Travel Tips hosts. It is discussed here starting at the 12:00 minute mark.  

That’s fine, but she doesn’t give any options, just what a few people mentioned. According to the Princess website, I’m reading something different.

UPDATED: If my home country requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for re-entry following my cruise, will Princess administer and cover the cost of the test?

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of tests, provided guests can show proof that their flight arrangements are the same day as they disembark the ship. Guests will need to make their own test arrangements if onward travel is not the day they disembark.

Guests are encouraged to review their home country’s health authority and travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.

If in fact what she saying is the Regal policy, what other options is Princess arranging for those passengers whose flights leave after Noon in accordance with what is written in their FAQs?

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/eu-cruises/

Just now, puggymom said:

I’m reading that as Princess is only stating they will cover cost of test, not administration and cost, if proof of same day flight is provided. 

The FAQ states:

UPDATED: If my home country requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for re-entry following my cruise, will Princess administer and cover the cost of the test?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The FAQ states:

UPDATED: If my home country requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for re-entry following my cruise, will Princess administer and cover the cost of the test?

I’m reading the part in gray as the answer to this question and bolded in the post prior. Starting with Princess will cover the cost of tests, provided guests can show proof etc

while this is clear as mud, they aren’t actually saying they will administer when answering the question 

26 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That’s fine, but she doesn’t give any options, just what a few people mentioned. According to the Princess website, I’m reading something different.

UPDATED: If my home country requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for re-entry following my cruise, will Princess administer and cover the cost of the test?

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of tests, provided guests can show proof that their flight arrangements are the same day as they disembark the ship. Guests will need to make their own test arrangements if onward travel is not the day they disembark.

Guests are encouraged to review their home country’s health authority and travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.

If in fact what she saying is the Regal policy, what other options is Princess arranging for those passengers whose flights leave after Noon in accordance with what is written in their FAQs?

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/eu-cruises/

8 minutes ago, puggymom said:

I’m reading the part in gray as the answer to this question and bolded in the post prior. Starting with Princess will cover the cost of tests, provided guests can show proof etc

while this is clear as mud, they aren’t actually saying they will administer when answering the question 

This is why we would very much enjoy hearing from someone currently on the Regal that has actually asked Guest Services what’s their current testing protocol, as I’m sure there are quite a few folks flying back to the USA on debarkation day, whether it’s in Barcelona, Rome or Athens.

On 6/7/2022 at 3:13 AM, JimmyVWine said:

Funny. Great minds I guess. I was skimming the Regal Roll Calls today hoping to get some insight on testing and boarding in Athens thinking that somebody from a June sailing would provide an update. I’d like to know a bit more before my cruise in the Fall. But the current Regal passengers are apparently not very chatty. 

Boarding in Athens was very organized.  Covid testing was free and done in about 15 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dddone said:

Boarding in Athens was very organized.  Covid testing was free and done in about 15 minutes.

If you had already taken a C19 test within 2 days of boarding the ship (vaccinated plus double boosted), did you still have to take a C19 test prior to boarding?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dddone said:

Does Princess test at the port in Athens before you board and the cruise starts? We are flying in two days before will Princess still test us for free on the day we board?

Also, were they checking for wine bottles?

Edited by ladocevita

On 6/7/2022 at 9:03 AM, vjmatty said:

This is why I am glad this year we are returning to our home port in the US by transatlantic.  Next year we aren't so lucky unless we change a few things.

Same here for us.  We board the Regal on Oct 26th in Civitavecchia and disembark 37 days later in Ft Lauderdale.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 6:13 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

This question is for @Alanr204 or @wowzz or anyone currently on the Regal who might know the answer to the following question. Have you by chance heard what was mentioned in post #5 regarding what was said recently on the referenced vlog? Specifically:

“Regal hasn't been covid-testing anyone to get back to the US if their flight is after 12 noon.”

I checked and our Princess-booked flight on AA leaves out of Barcelona back to the USA at 1:40 pm on disembarkation day. I realize our flight isn’t until July 23. It just seems weird the Regal isn’t providing the needed antigen tests for passengers flying back to the USA on disembarkation day if their flight leaves after 12 noon. Just looking for confirmation or if the vlogger misspoke.

Sorry Ken, I’m Canadian so I haven’t any information on this as testing is not required to return to Canada. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 10:12 AM, Esprit said:

Is the filming of the "Love boat" themed TV show for couples still going ahead in July aboard Regal?  

Yes, one of the crew members told us today he had been chosen to appear on the show and was quite pleased to be participating.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If you had already taken a C19 test within 2 days of boarding the ship (vaccinated plus double boosted), did you still have to take a C19 test prior to boarding?

According to the Princess website, Greece requires testing within one day of departure.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 1:52 PM, jy_cruisefan said:

Also going to be on the Regal for 21 nights (Barcelona to Barcelona) in August. Biggest stressor at this point is the testing. Specifically, we know we need to test before boarding in Barcelona, and as of now before arriving in Athens on day 14. Does anyone know, if we would also need to test before arriving in Civitavecchia (Rome) on Day 7?

Thank you.

No testing was done before arriving in Rome on 05/28 however it was done on 06/03 (Mykonos port day) for those that were continuing on the Athens to Barcelona leg. Those that tested positive were isolated on the port side of dolphin deck. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ladocevita said:

Does Princess test at the port in Athens before you board and the cruise starts? We are flying in two days before will Princess still test us for free on the day we board?

Also, were they checking for wine bottles?

They are currently testing at the port. Alternatively, you can purchase a test kit from the company Princess recommends, take it with you and do an on-line proctored test the day before or the morning of your cruise. 

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We boarded in Barcelona on 05/21. We flew in three days early (arrived in BCN on the Wednesday morning) and did our antigen tests right at the airport upon arrival. They were accepted by Princess with no issues at embarkation on Saturday morning, we did not have to retest. 

• Thanks 2

I really appreciate this thread as info on Regal seems thin on the Princess board.  We will be sailing her starting on Oct 1.

Does anyone have information on how COVID testing is being done for Regal’s departures from Civitavecchia?  I realize things may change by October but I am curious so thought I’d ask now.

Currently onboard,  Everything has been great so far including the food and service. We spent two afternoons in the sanctuary and loved it so not sure what the complaint is there. 

Internet is slow but you can always accomplish what you need to do. It was out one evening for three or four hours but other than that has always worked although slowly. 

If anyone has specific questions ask away and I’ll try to answer after our Sorrento excursion today. 

• Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Alanr204 said:

We boarded in Barcelona on 05/21. We flew in three days early (arrived in BCN on the Wednesday morning) and did our antigen tests right at the airport upon arrival. They were accepted by Princess with no issues at embarkation on Saturday morning, we did not have to retest. 

Hello. Thank you so much for your responses. We are also flying in from Montreal on AC, and arriving to Barcelona on the Wednesday morning. If I could ask where in the BCN airport did you have your Covid tests done (I.e. was it the same terminal that you arrived in?) Our flight will arrive in Terminal 1. 

Much appreciate all of the info that you have provided.

8 hours ago, Carnevale said:

I really appreciate this thread as info on Regal seems thin on the Princess board.  We will be sailing her starting on Oct 1.

Does anyone have information on how COVID testing is being done for Regal’s departures from Civitavecchia?  I realize things may change by October but I am curious so thought I’d ask now.

Hi.  Have you been checking the Roll Calls for your voyages?  We also begin on Oct 01 in Civi, Italy.  We are on for 25 nights.  Have some small group tours looking for another couple or two to join.  Thanks.

8 hours ago, Alanr204 said:

Thank you so much for responding. It's very much appreciated. 😀

• Thanks 1