Elite Benefits

amajaa

I’m sure this has probably been covered but I tried the search and can’t find it, so apologies if it has.

Just looking through the Elite Benefits , am I right in saying the Elite/ Platinum cocktail party has disappeared and also the Elite Lunch? I know the internet has definitely gone but wondered about the others and what is now it their place? 

I see there is a wine tasting, how do you get that and also the afternoon tea please? Do you get the canapés automatically on a formal night or do you have to pick a time (I hope so) and also can you pick what you want or do you just get a selection? 

4 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I’m sure this has probably been covered but I tried the search and can’t find it, so apologies if it has.

Just looking through the Elite Benefits , am I right in saying the Elite/ Platinum cocktail party has disappeared and also the Elite Lunch? I know the internet has definitely gone but wondered about the others and what is now it their place? 

I see there is a wine tasting, how do you get that and also the afternoon tea please? Do you get the canapés automatically on a formal night or do you have to pick a time (I hope so) and also can you pick what you want or do you just get a selection? 

High Tea to be delivered you need to order through  room service 24 hours in advance.

Wine Tasting varies by ship-Enchanted, I needed to sign up, note was left in cabin.

CB, you just needed to show up.

Captains Circle cocktail party still exists along with the platinum/elite hour

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Captains Circle cocktail party still exists along with the platinum/elite hour

Maybe it's just me but we found the food at the Platinum/Elite cocktail party to be curtailed on what was presented each night. There was never anything "special" to attract us to go as there used to be 2 years ago. 

12 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Elite/Platinum/Full Suite cocktail hour still operational from what I have read. This is between 5pm and 7pm most evenings and includes some appys. With so many having plus fares it isn't such a big deal.

There is no and never was an elite lunch. There was and still is the top 40 most travelled passenger lunch or cocktail party based on days on board a Princess ship.

Formal night canapes are ordered, not automatic as you have to select which one you want. In my opinion they are not so great.  Instructions in your cabin. You can also order many food items at anytime and any day using the Ocean Now app.

Not certain if the wine tasting and the afternoon tea is operational right now. But you can order specialty teas and coffees using the Ocean Now app for delivery to you any where on the ship. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skynight said:

Elite/Platinum/Full Suite cocktail hour still operational from what I have read. This is between 5pm and 7pm most evenings and includes some appys. With so many having plus fares it isn't such a big deal.

You've got that correct. Since most people have the drink package and the food wasn't anything to get excited about, we just chose to go to dinner and skip the whole thing.

The lounge was practically empty the time we did go. 

23 minutes ago, amajaa said:

You’ll get a paper in your cabin, tells you about the cocktail hour daily and the party, wine tasting too.  
The canapés, you just call room service and tell them you’d like them on formal night.  You can tell them a time and request a certain canapé if you

have a fave.

The tea you should order the day before, although we have asked in the morning of and it was okay.  The amount of food has greatly decreased on the tea, but we were very happy, as it was way too much for us before.  We just ask for tea and scones, because when they brought sandwiches, it was too much for us.

Each ship may handle it a little differently, so just call room service and ask.

Internet is 50% discount, MedallionNet..prepurchase on the App.

Enjoy..

8 minutes ago, skynight said:

There is no and never was an elite lunch. There was and still is the top 40 most travelled passenger lunch or cocktail party based on days on board a Princess ship.

Also, no photo with the Captain any longer.

Just a photo with your partner. 

The seating is just decided by with anyone standing in line. 

The food with wine/drinks was still excellent. 

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

You've got that correct. Since most people have the drink package and the food wasn't anything to get excited about, we just chose to go to dinner and skip the whole thing.

The lounge was practically empty the time we did go. 

It is however a good place to visit with

your family or meet mew friends before dinner.  Usually quiet.  

14 minutes ago, skynight said:

Formal night canapes are ordered, not automatic as you have to select which one you want. In my opinion they are not so great.  Instructions in your cabin. You can also order many food items at anytime and any day using the Ocean Now app.

Not certain if the wine tasting and the afternoon tea is operational right now. But you can order specialty teas and coffees using the Ocean Now app for delivery to you any where on the ship. 

Afternoon tea has been operational on our cruises as well as wine tasting.

I found out recently about the lounge, we had never been when we were platinum as didn’t know about it but probably wouldn’t have gone anyway . 

So the cocktail party for Platinum and Elite is still going then, it doesn’t mention it on the web page about benefits.

I thought they used to do a lunch with the Officers for Elite not just the top 40. The reason I thought that was because on our last cruise, before Covid , we made friends with a couple who were Elite who went and they said there was so many Elite they had to have two lunches to accommodate all the Elites. 

44 minutes ago, amajaa said:

What elite lunch?  No, the cocktail party is still happening.  The internet is now 50% off the internet package, which is still a fairly good deal.  Keep checking your Patter for events such as the wine tasting.  No, you have to request the canapes...  You just get a selection of canapes.

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Afternoon tea has been operational on our cruises as well as wine tasting.

Delivery only, or do they have a venue where you can go have afternoon tea?

2 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Afternoon Tea is normally on sea days in a MDR around 3pm-4pm.

The elite benefit is to have the entire  set up delivered to your cabin.

On the Enchanted Princess it was a great experience to have it delivered,  beautifully presented.

On the CB last week the set up was not as nice.

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

Afternoon Tea is normally on sea days in a MDR around 3pm-4pm.

The elite benefit is to have the entire  set up delivered to your cabin.

On the Enchanted Princess it was a great experience to have it delivered,  beautifully presented.

On the CB last week the set up was not as nice.

I am familiar with the elite perk for tea in your cabin, but unless you have a deluxe balcony or larger, it's hard to enjoy with no place to sit, so sometimes it's easier to just get it in the MDR.  I wasn't sure if they are still doing it post covid.

8 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I am familiar with the elite perk for tea in your cabin, but unless you have a deluxe balcony or larger, it's hard to enjoy with no place to sit, so sometimes it's easier to just get it in the MDR.  I wasn't sure if they are still doing it post covid.

Yes, they are, the line was down the hall last week for a table.  I’ll have it delivered just for that reason alone.. 

On our B2B cruises on Discovery in Mar/Apr canapés were automatically delivered…no option to select which ones nor at what time. We got stuck with 1700 dining when the DMW mishandled our reservations & when returning to our cabin the canapés were in our cabin…not good.

18 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Yes, they are, the line was down the hall last week for a table.  I’ll have it delivered just for that reason alone.. 

*sigh* I forgot all about Princess' latest shortcomings with crowd management.  Guess we'll have to hope for good weather on the balcony.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Yes, they were doing in Feb and Mar on our cruises.  

1 hour ago, amajaa said:
1 hour ago, amajaa said:

I thought they used to do a lunch with the Officers for Elite not just the top 40. The reason I thought that was because on our last cruise, before Covid , we made friends with a couple who were Elite who went and they said there was so many Elite they had to have two lunches to accommodate all the Elites. 

Never saw an elite lunch on any of the 40+ Princess cruises we have been on. We were invited to the top 40 most travelled lunch or cocktail party quite a few times. There is never more than one of these. Only the top 40 most travelled are invited. Cut offs were normally in excess of 400 days. These days with ships at less than capacity guessing that the cut offs would be lower.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It is however a good place to visit with

your family or meet mew friends before dinner.  Usually quiet.  

We travel alone and meet people during the day.  We also eat quite early so unless there's something really special to attract us to go, it only makes us late for dinner and it gets more crowded at 6:30 or 7 PM.

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

On sea days there is an afternoon tea in a DR, anyone can go.  It is still really nice after the restart.  We went once on our last cruise in March. Same service and delectables.

You will see it in the patter.

53 minutes ago, skynight said:

Never saw an elite lunch on any of the 40+ Princess cruises we have been on. We were invited to the top 40 most travelled lunch or cocktail party quite a few times. There is never more than one of these. Only the top 40 most travelled are invited. Cut offs were normally in excess of 400 days. These days with ships at less than capacity guessing that the cut offs would be lower.

On our 7 day coastal on April the cutoff was over 500 days

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Cut offs were normally in excess of 400 days. These days with ships at less than capacity guessing that the cut offs would be lower.

On Discovery in March (MR) & April (CA Coastal) it was over 560 days. The more we cruise the further away we get from another MTP invitation & were short by 100 days of the cutoff.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Perhaps I am getting it confused with P & O as they do an officers lunch for their top tiers with a senior officer hosting each table. We haven’t made top tier on there yet .