'all onboard'

What is the normal 'all onboard' time before leaving a port of call?  We have a private excursion that arrives back fairly late to Juneau and, although its a reputable company, I'm a little concerned about the time that I will need to be on the ship. 

1 hour ago, watertraveler said:

What is the normal 'all onboard' time before leaving a port of call?  We have a private excursion that arrives back fairly late to Juneau and, although its a reputable company, I'm a little concerned about the time that I will need to be on the ship. 

30 minutes

2 hours ago, watertraveler said:

Most private companies know when ships are leaving.  They usually tell you up front that they will get you to the ship before departure time. Just let them know what ship you are on.

• Like 1

Sailaway and all onboard times can vary greatly with each port. In Alaska, the tide could also have an effect on that. Look at the time that is posted in your itinerary and that will probably be what time to expect, give or take a half hour. Private excursion vendors know the ship's schedule and will have you back on time, their reputation depends on it.

• Like 2

Log onto RoyalCaribbean.com .  

Open your specific cruise /My Calendar and click through the days.

For each island, you'll be able to view your arrival /departure time. 

Whatever your departure time, you should plan to be back on the ship two hours ahead of time; that way, if anything happens, you'll still have time to get back.  

Getting back from a private excursion is not a problem.  Your vendors will not risk having you back late.  People who "get left" typically are hanging around the port drinking or shopping, and they wait too late.  Walking that long dock and getting up the gangplank takes a little more time than you expect it will.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Log onto RoyalCaribbean.com .  

Open your specific cruise /My Calendar and click through the days.

For each island, you'll be able to view your arrival /departure time. 

Whatever your departure time, you should plan to be back on the ship two hours ahead of time; that way, if anything happens, you'll still have time to get back.  

Getting back from a private excursion is not a problem.  Your vendors will not risk having you back late.  People who "get left" typically are hanging around the port drinking or shopping, and they wait too late.  Walking that long dock and getting up the gangplank takes a little more time than you expect it will.  

But the actual "all aboard" time is 30 min before sailing.  OP was asking a specific question.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

2 hours 😳😵.  Wow!!!