Panama Canal question

quincychic

I found Jay, he was a sophomore at the time, that would have made him in the same class as mcmarya's husband.  It appears the family may have left the Zone after the 1962 school year since I can't find any reference of him in the '63 or '64 yearbooks.  End of the school year was always a popular time for families to relocate.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the ncl jewel PC cruise on 3/4/23.  We are staying in panama city an extra day after our full transit cruise ends.  My question - should we book a half day tour of Panama City?  All the tours seem to include the canal.  Will it be redundant after having just finished the cruise in Panama City?

You certainly will have had one of the best viewing positions to see the Canal when you transit.  Never the less it may be interesting to see some of the Canal operation from a shore side perspective.  Since it is only a half day tour you are looking at, I wouldn't think a stop at the locks would take up much more than 90 minutes or thereabouts.  Things I would be on the lookout for points of interest in a City tour would be a visit to el Casco Antiguo, which is the old walled city which was built after Henry Morgan destroyed Old Panama.  The ruins of Old Panama (Panama Viejo) is also something that would be of interest as well.

• 1 month later...