Minimum 5 Excursions - 25% Off

billrco90278

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe just like the bringing wine aboard policy   😄

The rules are there  but not enforced or used  only when  needed

As aforementioned, the online docs may be old or were poorly proofread when updated. That pic I posted was from the system generated math summary for pre-purchased excursions - no one would be able to alter it.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

I called O to book the GL O-life excursion.  I was told I could, but it is waitlisted.  He was kind enough to to run a test with another GL and was able to book

so the moral is   pay no attention to the  T & C's  on Oceania's site  😄

Enjoy the cruise

On 6/21/2022 at 8:39 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not only per person but also per segment (as would be if you booked the segments separately).

Absolutely not always the case, if ever! Show us that in the T & C’s.

I am booked on a Extended Journey that is in fact a B2B. My cruise has its own OLife package and its minimum requirements for the YWYW tour discounts. NO where are there any requirements to segregate by segments. As normal, I had my TA book the tours we selected. Most all of our Oceania shorex selections are on the latter segment of the cruise. We got all our tours and appropriate discounts.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Absolutely not always the case, if ever! Show us that in the T & C’s.

I am booked on a Extended Journey that is in fact a B2B. My cruise has its own OLife package and its minimum requirements for the YWYW tour discounts. NO where are there any requirements to segregate by segments. As normal, I had my TA book the tours we selected. Most all of our Oceania shorex selections are on the latter segment of the cruise. We got all our tours and appropriate discounts.

You are correct for published Extended Journey bookings (multi-segment single booking number). I should’ve specified above that the tours are separated if it’s. Custom multi-segment (one booking number but two O cruise numbers).
Our current cruise is a multi-segment custom one. That’s why the tours are separated per segment (see the pic I had posted: the start of the second tour allocation is at the bottom of the pic). Had this been a published “extended journey,”  that divider wouldn’t be there and the amenities section wouldn’t list the segment perks separately.

Thanks for mentioning “extended journey.” It always helps to understand that there are plusses and minuses to each type of multi-segment booking.

image.thumb.jpeg.e7fdde28b3b24bf6f524bb700cd3fc5f.jpeg

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

• 9 months later...

Just FYI in case anyone is interested. 
We are booked on one cruise from Singapore to Sydney for 24 days. We have to take ten Oceania tours in order to get the 25% YWYW discount. That is a lot even with four “free” OLIFE tours per person. On this itinerary, Oceania’s tours are very expensive compared to competitors. 

13 minutes ago, dewbrock said:

We are booked on one cruise from Singapore to Sydney for 24 days. We have to take ten Oceania tours in order to get the 25% YWYW discount. That is a lot even with four “free” OLIFE tours per person. On this itinerary, Oceania’s tours are very expensive compared to competitors. 

I believe the O Life excursions count towards the Minimum required  for the  25% discount

So you get  4  O life PP    & need  1 or 2  more to qualify for the discount

Someone will correct me if wrong

On a recent cruise from Lima to Miami, we booked the required 6 tours that would get us the 25% YWYW discount.  Oceania then cancelled all the tours for Lima. We retained the discount on the other five tours.😃 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I believe the O Life excursions count towards the Minimum required  for the  25% discount

If the shore excursions.pdf first page says 10 tours required for YWYW, that’s 10 per person. Sam goes for the O Web Cart.

if they’re getting 4 O Life tours/person, they count. But OP would still need 6 paid tours per person for YWYW 25% off.

1 hour ago, dewbrock said:

Just to clarify

Is that 10 tours PP ?

Seems like a lot 

I would just do my own torus probably  a lot cheaper in the long run

I do not do ships  tours so never pay attentions to the O Life  deal

28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Just to clarify

Is that 10 tours PP ?

Seems like a lot 

I would just do my own torus probably  a lot cheaper in the long run

I do not do ships  tours so never pay attentions to the O Life  deal

It’s a 3+ weeks cruise. 10 tours pp for YWYW is not unusual for longer cruises. And, 4 pp are already taken care of by O Life.

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

No that is 10 excursions per person.  We get four each and then have to buy six more to get the YWYW discourt.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dewbrock said:

No that is 10 excursions per person.  We get four each and then have to buy six more to get the YWYW discourt.

Willing to bet your Roll Call can save you far more than the 25% discount on YWYW. Work your Roll Call.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, as much as I have put down the Passport “flat fee” to get 40% off the tours beyond the O Life allowance. I recently was able to use it as the least expensive alternative  on a multi-segment cruise. It saved a couple of thousand $ over the YWYW/O Life mix!
I still believe YWYW works best in most instances. But, this latest situation has reminded me to look at all alternatives.

That said, I will still mix ship and private tours. But watching private tour folks scrambling to make changes/get refunds for numerous missed/changes ports on recent O cruises makes me glad that, despite a few more expensive o tours, I haven’t had to lift a finger as regarding the change logistics. 

Bottom line is that you often can’t put a price tag on convenience - especially when you cruise an average of 1/3 of the year.

9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Oddly enough, as much as I have put down the Passport “flat fee” to get 40% off the tours beyond the O Life allowance. I recently was able to use it as the least expensive alternative  on a multi-segment cruise. It saved a couple of thousand $ over the YWYW/O Life mix!
I still believe YWYW works best in most instances. But, this latest situation has reminded me to look at all alternatives.

That said, I will still mix ship and private tours. But watching private tour folks scrambling to make changes/get refunds for numerous missed/changes ports on recent O cruises makes me glad that, despite a few more expensive o tours, I haven’t had to lift a finger as regarding the change logistics. 

Bottom line is that you often can’t put a price tag on convenience - especially when you cruise an average of 1/3 of the year.

Apparently, you have had better luck than I.  On our recent South America/Antartica cruise on O, we  were not able to safely tender into Stanley in the Falkland Islands.  Unfortunately, that was one of our 4 Olife tours.  We received a letter telling us that we could either have the price of the tour ($149.00 each) applied to a later tour, or we could have a $100.00 OBC.  We were told to go to reception and tell them which option we chose.  We went to reception.  We chose the first option. No credit was applied.  When we inquired, we were told that all the credits are applied the night before we arrive at the last port.  Well, we arrived at the last port and received our statement.  Guess what?  No credit.   I contacted Oceania by phone.  I contacted Oceania by email as instructed over the phone.  I contacted American Express.  We still don't have the $299.00 credit.

And you know sometimes it is just the point of the thing.  

Dewbrock

34 minutes ago, dewbrock said:

....No credit was applied.  When we inquired, we were told that all the credits are applied the night before we arrive at the last port.  Well, we arrived at the last port and received our statement.  Guess what?  No credit.  ... 

The "credits applied only on final summary" is the standard procedure in our experience. O usually issues printed ledgers the night before disembarcation, and you can check on the TV. If a credit is missing, contact or go to reception immediately to resolve. Most of the time the credits post fine, every once in a while we need to get them updated and corrected. 

I imagine the process to correct is much more difficult once you leave the ship - not a criticism of you, just a description of one more source of frustration on your situation. Suggest you get your TA involved if they aren't already. 

Edited by babysteps

3 hours ago, babysteps said:

…..I imagine the process to correct is much more difficult once you leave the ship……

Yes- far more involved/time consuming to fix “after the fact.”

And, in one sense, it’s exactly the opposite for snafus pre-cruise. IMO, issues with tour packages and other optional purchases should be settled pre-cruise whenever possible. That’s one of the reasons I stress always having a copy (or two) of the prepurchased shore excursions PDF (the one with all the math) in your pack of important docs. Should there be any onboard question about tour booking issues, that PDF is the gospel for your original deal. Once onboard, it also spares you the need to involve your far distant TA (except in the rarest of circumstances).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dewbrock said:

Apparently, you have had better luck than I.  On our recent South America/Antartica cruise on O, we  were not able to safely tender into Stanley in the Falkland Islands.  Unfortunately, that was one of our 4 Olife tours.  We received a letter telling us that we could either have the price of the tour ($149.00 each) applied to a later tour, or we could have a $100.00 OBC. 

I believe you will only get $100   for the O life tours  if they were cancelled

I am sure someone will correct me if wrong 

If O cancels one of your O Life selected tours during a cruise, you can be refunded the “base” value of that O Life tour (I.e., $100). Usually, you need to go to Destination Services and sign a doc indicating you want the $100 which will appear on your account within 24-48 hours. If you don’t sign the doc, it should appear as a credit on your final account statement (or within 48 hours of disembarkation). NOTE: I suggest getting (and balancing) a printout of your “complete” account (includes tour names on each line) at least once prior to issuance of your final printout (there are occasional errors - if so, often it’s bar charges).

What happens next after the O tour cancellation depends on several factors:

If you have purchased tours beyond your O Life allocation, the next most expensive allowable O Life tour on your account will become the replacement O Life selection and you will be refunded whatever you originally paid for it - unless you choose to book a new allowable O Life tour with a higher retail cost (O Life assignment priority goes to the most expensive allowable tour <$200).

If you do not choose to replace an O cancelled tour and it was one of the minimum required number of tours to qualify for the YWYW 25% discount, you will not retroactively lose the discount. And, in any case, you can always add paid tours onboard and receive the YWYW discount if you had the YWYW deal before embarkation.