Princess Website

MsSoCalCruiser

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Oh no… It holds 4.  It’s a balcony so won’t the beds drop out of the ceiling?  Do any of the regular balconies hold three or is that only the deluxe balconies? Thank you for reminding me of this.

I don't know if there are cabins that have two drop down bunks or not. Hopefully that is the case. I've never been on one that holds 4 as I always make sure my cabin can hold no more than 3. I've been in regular balcony cabins that can hold 3 and the third bed dropped down from the ceiling. That way I know it's just a drop down from the ceiling. I've seen pics and read stories about other cabins that can hold 4 so I've been very leery of booking one but freely admit that I don't know if there are balcony cabins that have the side beds. What is the ship and cabin number? It "may" be that the cabin is listed in the "Cabin Reviews" thread.

Edited by Thrak

36 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I don't know if there are cabins that have two drop down bunks or not. Hopefully that is the case. I've never been on one that holds 4 as I always make sure my cabin can hold no more than 3. I've been in regular balcony cabins that can hold 3 and the third bed dropped down from the ceiling. That way I know it's just a drop down from the ceiling. I've seen pics and read stories about other cabins that can hold 4 so I've been very leery of booking one but freely admit that I don't know if there are balcony cabins that have the side beds. What is the ship and cabin number? It "may" be that the cabin is listed in the "Cabin Reviews" thread.

Thank you so much for your help… Discovery Princess A501.  I’ve had interior cabins with bunks on the side of the wall before and it really hurts when you hit those with your head or shoulder.

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you so much for your help… Discovery Princess A501.  I’ve had interior cabins with bunks on the side of the wall before and it really hurts when you hit those with your head or shoulder.

Sadly, Discovery Princess is so new there are only 2 cabin reviews available in the thread and the only balcony review is a 2 person balcony. It seems unlikely to me that a balcony cabin would have side beds though. When the ceiling berths are dropped down they can cause enough issues with the balcony door. I can't really imagine a balcony cabin with side wall beds. My guess is that you will have a cabin with two bunks recessed into the ceiling. Have faith and enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

The website was wonky yesterday.  I've been watching a B2B cruise on my big box travel site.  Yesterday I checked on the Princess website and did a mock booking to check the price against big box.  Long story short, I was able to book a solo cabin on both cruises without a single supplement.  To double check what I was seeing, I went back and selected 2 passengers and went through the mock booking again.  Same cruise price for one passenger or two - plus port fees for one or two of course.

After thinking about it for a bit, I booked the B2Bs without a single supplement and got my confirmations.

Several years ago I woke up one morning and checked cruise prices on a long cruise with Princess that I had saved in my favorites. The cruise had been waitlisted for several weeks.  That morning the price was half of what it had been the day before and I was able to book it then without a single supplement.

By that afternoon the price was back up and the cruise was waitlisted again.

Glitch?  Maybe.  I didn't ask.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Sadly, Discovery Princess is so new there are only 2 cabin reviews available in the thread and the only balcony review is a 2 person balcony. It seems unlikely to me that a balcony cabin would have side beds though. When the ceiling berths are dropped down they can cause enough issues with the balcony door. I can't really imagine a balcony cabin with side wall beds. My guess is that you will have a cabin with two bunks recessed into the ceiling. Have faith and enjoy your cruise.

Thank you again for your help. I have had one cabin before that the bed blocked the balcony door and we had to do the limbo to get to the door, lol.  I will say that this is just my second cabin and it will probably change a few more times. I hope to get an upgrade or a decent Upsell offer for a mini suite or a deluxe balcony.  If that happens we won’t have to worry about those darn bunkbeds.  Take care and have a great day.

5 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

The website was wonky yesterday.  I've been watching a B2B cruise on my big box travel site.  Yesterday I checked on the Princess website and did a mock booking to check the price against big box.  Long story short, I was able to book a solo cabin on both cruises without a single supplement.  To double check what I was seeing, I went back and selected 2 passengers and went through the mock booking again.  Same cruise price for one passenger or two - plus port fees for one or two of course.

After thinking about it for a bit, I booked the B2Bs without a single supplement and got my confirmations.

Several years ago I woke up one morning and checked cruise prices on a long cruise with Princess that I had saved in my favorites. The cruise had been waitlisted for several weeks.  That morning the price was half of what it had been the day before and I was able to book it then without a single supplement.

By that afternoon the price was back up and the cruise was waitlisted again.

Glitch?  Maybe.  I didn't ask.

Which cruise and ship does not have the single supplement? I’ve had that happen before where prices dropped crazy low for just a few hours and that’s always a great feeling.

33 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you again for your help. I have had one cabin before that the bed blocked the balcony door and we had to do the limbo to get to the door, lol.  I will say that this is just my second cabin and it will probably change a few more times. I hope to get an upgrade or a decent Upsell offer for a mini suite or a deluxe balcony.  If that happens we won’t have to worry about those darn bunkbeds.  Take care and have a great day.

AFAIK, all Balcony cabins have the upper berths embedded in the ceiling and they drop down if put into use.  I have read more than once that one of them partially blocks the balcony door when in the drop-down position.  So, it doesn't hurt to have a four person room - except there will be extra life preservers taking up closet space (which Stewart might be able to remove, or stash them under a lower bed).

Some ships have the Inside bunks stowed in the ceiling as well.  I know Island and Coral are examples of this.  I believe all the Royal Class ships have them hanging on the walls (been there once due to a GTY assignment and not interested in that happening again).

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 10:43 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Is anyone else having issues with the Princess website?  

I'm having a different issue. Excursions don't come up and I wanted to secure a small group one in particular before I board. Can only see them on this month's cruise, NO excursions available on my other 2 cruises ....

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

I'm having a different issue. Excursions don't come up and I wanted to secure a small group one in particular before I board. Can only see them on this month's cruise, NO excursions available on my other 2 cruises ....

Oh, that’s a bummer.  Can you call in to reserve it?

Now I am trying to go on the website like I’m searching for or booking a cruise and that doesn’t even work. I seriously don’t know how people keep their jobs.  How much money is the cruise line losing because of the website not working?  Ugh.  

• Like 1