One person Tests positive

Just now, Lindypops said:

What happens if one person tests positive ?

It depends if you mean on the pre boarding test or while on board. Pre boarding, the negative testing person can still go while the positive person is a no show - no refunds other than taxes for the positive person.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Pre boarding, the negative testing person can still go while the positive person is a no show - no refunds other than taxes for the positive person.

Interesting..almost doesn't add up..the negative testing person can opt to not go and both get a full refund?

1 minute ago, PMGS247 said:

Interesting..almost doesn't add up..the negative testing person can opt to not go and both get a full refund?

As I mentioned, there are no refunds other than the positive (no show) person's taxes.

If the non positive person has been in contact / exposed to the positive person in the last 10 or 14 days (this is a question on the health questionnaire) they may not be allowed to board.

i.e. if your spouse that you live with tests positive and you answer the health questionnaire honestly chances are very slim that you would be permitted to sail.      

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

As I mentioned, there are no refunds other than the positive (no show) person's taxes.

So that would be if the negative person elects to go, it classifies the positive as a no show. 

That's a lot riding on that negative tester given the policy below pretty clearly states the entire traveling party is eligible for a full refund.

image.thumb.png.00160d704f4058d5df8d1e639465f590.png

1 hour ago, Lindypops said:

What happens if one person tests positive ? Do they refund the whole booking ?

or can the person testing negative still sail and the other one get a refund.?

anyone had experience of this?

Best to look for information on the cruise line website.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

Just now, PMGS247 said:

That's a lot riding on that negative tester given the policy below pretty clearly states the entire traveling party is eligible for a full refund.

Yes, the party would be eligible for a full refund, if they opt to cancel for being positive - in that case the entire booking is cancelled and the negative person does not get to sail. That's a different scenario.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Correct.   It makes sense if you think through how it impacts Royal.  For example two in a cabin and one gets full refund.  Now the other gets to sails for half the normal price if they go.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, topnole said:

For example two in a cabin and one gets full refund.

There's no full refund for the second (no show) person - only taxes. Once anyone in a cabin cancels for a positive test, the entire booking is cancelled.

Edited by Biker19

4 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

So that would be if the negative person elects to go, it classifies the positive as a no show. 

image.thumb.png.00160d704f4058d5df8d1e639465f590.png

Do you mean like traveling with a friend and splitting the cost and they just go regardless of your test?   Yea, trust would need to be involved.  

Correct.   It makes sense if you think through how it impacts Royal.  For example two in a cabin and one gets full refund.  Now the other gets to sails for half the normal price if they go.  

But if they refund the whole booking they get  no revenue and an empty cabin .

Makes sense. Thanks.  Entirely curiosity; I'd be in Divorce court so fast my head would spin if my wife and I ended up in this situation and anything other than "both cancel" was the immediate response 🙂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lindypops said:

But if they refund the whole booking they get  no revenue and an empty cabin .

Or they sell the cabin.  Or it generates Royal up money.  Or they assume x% of no shows that keep them at the capacity levels they aim for.  Who knows.  

It also reduces variable expenses so there is that too.