Booked a room Deck 3 near Grand Foyer on Equinox...

KKB

Are we crazy?

Will this be noisy?

Thought DH would love being THAT close to a bar (likes to grab us drinks while I primp).

Plus I like the idea of being close to all the activities.

It is my favourite location - OV on the Passport Bar side a few doors down 62-54). 

No noise disturbance (the fire door is often closed in the evening to ensure this). 

Close to everything and I don't get lost.

We alternate having drink while the other is showering dressing for dinner all the time. 

We have the bedroom, living room, and dining room all on one floor. 

We spend little time in our cabin so find this ideal.

Cheers, h.

• Like 4

Cruised many, many times in Oceanview on 3, closest cabin being about 6 cabins from foyer area. For the same reason, close to the Passport Bar & Dining area. We’ve had no noise issues and if it gets noisy, they close the doors to the hallway. Loved being able to pickup a drink on the way to the cabin. Enjoy!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, middlehaitch said:

I love that quote about the rooms!

We, too, spend little time in our rooms.

Friends wanted to sail in November (our only open month).

Since we are overcruising this year🤭, figured better go cheap.

Interior was $700pp cheaper than even an oceanview!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKB said:

Are we crazy?

Will this be noisy?

Thought DH would love being THAT close to a bar (likes to grab us drinks while I primp).

Plus I like the idea of being close to all the activities.

No. It is very convenient.

And as for getting back after a port stop......👍👍👍
Enjoy your cruise! You are not doing reviews anymore? I enjoyed all your enthusiam on the Edge!

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

No. It is very convenient.

And as for getting back after a port stop......👍👍👍
Enjoy your cruise! You are not doing reviews anymore? I enjoyed all your enthusiam on the Edge!

I've only cruised once since last summer & I did a TR (Apex in March).

The last 6 months have been very difficult.

BUT I am RETIRED NOW & we have 8 cruises booked between July & Jan (2 in July, 1/mo after that).

So YES THERE WILL BE TRIP REPORTS!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, middlehaitch said:

It is my favourite location - OV on the Passport Bar side a few doors down 62-54). 

No noise disturbance (the fire door is often closed in the evening to ensure this). 

Close to everything and I don't get lost.

We alternate having drink while the other is showering dressing for dinner all the time. 

Cheers, h.

Great to hear - we decided to book in this location for the 1st time ever in October.  We usually are up higher in Aquaclass but have always thought these rooms look convenient and decided to focus on specialty dining this time.  Looking forward to getting back to cruising!

1 hour ago, KKB said:

I've only cruised once since last summer & I did a TR (Apex in March).

The last 6 months have been very difficult.

BUT I am RETIRED NOW & we have 8 cruises booked between July & Jan (2 in July, 1/mo after that).

So YES THERE WILL BE TRIP REPORTS!!

Looking forward!

We were in 6128 last month on Equinox.  We are not partiers or drinkers, and this cabin is located in the atrium area near the elevators above the atrium area where they have music blaring starting at about 8:00-8:30 until 11:30 p.  We are early risers and early-to-bed folks, so we did get a bit of the bass vibration.  One night it was especially loud and obnoxious; we called the guest relations group (which is right there next to the music), told them this noise level was unacceptable--and it was turned down significantly--to our great surprise.  Just be aware of your sleep schedule; the bass reverberates up and down that open atrium area.  This was our first Celebrity cruise (after about 800 days on Princess and Holland America), and I, not knowing where the music venues were, picked this area thinking we'd be safe from the bass vibrations; little did we know!

5 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

We were in 6128 last month on Equinox.  We are not partiers or drinkers, and this cabin is located in the atrium area near the elevators above the atrium area where they have music blaring starting at about 8:00-8:30 until 11:30 p.  We are early risers and early-to-bed folks, so we did get a bit of the bass vibration.  One night it was especially loud and obnoxious; we called the guest relations group (which is right there next to the music), told them this noise level was unacceptable--and it was turned down significantly--to our great surprise.  Just be aware of your sleep schedule; the bass reverberates up and down that open atrium area.  This was our first Celebrity cruise (after about 800 days on Princess and Holland America), and I, not knowing where the music venues were, picked this area thinking we'd be safe from the bass vibrations; little did we know!

Luckily we are NOT early risers/early to bed, or I doubt I would have booked it!

34 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

So it was you who shut down the party..boo hiss. 🙂

HAL exists for a reason. 😆

Our last cruise on Apex, some guests were complaining about the DJ on pool deck was too loud…they were informed there were other areas that were much quieter…they left in a huff. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

So it was you who shut down the party..boo hiss. 🙂

HAL exists for a reason. 😆

Our last cruise on Apex, some guests were complaining about the DJ on pool deck was too loud…they were informed there were other areas that were much quieter…they left in a huff. 

Just trying to give perspective on cabin choice.  And of course, this shows why HAL and other cruise lines exist--to get away from rude passengers like you.  We won't be coming back to Celebrity, so party on.   And of course I put in the wrong cabin number--it's 6218, not 6128.

Edited by 12cruise2

On the Reflection I have stayed in the Oceanview room, 2 doors down from the passport bar. Loved the location and convenience, you have a giant living room just outside your bedroom. No noise issues.

A great choice, Enjoy!

• Like 1