Certificate of Recovery question - sailing from Vancouver Sept 4th

Hi all, we're sailing on Serenade from Vancouver on Sept 4th - 79 days from now.  My husband and I just recovered from COVID and both still tested positive from a lab test in the last few days.  I called Royal to see if they're accepting certificates or a positive test within 90 days of sailing and was told that at one time that was accepted but it's not now, we'll have to have a supervised PCR or antigen negative test on Sept 2nd, 3rd or 4th.  She was very nice but didn't seem very sure of the info and couldn't tell me when they stopped accepting the certificate of recovery.

Any additional information, could she be wrong??  We're infrequent cruisers and the whole testing right before the trip is making me nervous.  Thanks for your help!

Thanks Biker19, I wish I could find that in writing somewhere on Royal's website but I looked and didn't see any reference to it which is why I called.  I don't know if it makes a difference that we're sailing out of Canada and not the USA though.  I'm surprised we're both still testing positive, my (mild) symptoms started on 5/17 and DH was a few days before that. 

28 minutes ago, HelenaCruiser2012 said:

Hi all, we're sailing on Serenade from Vancouver on Sept 4th - 79 days from now.  My husband and I just recovered from COVID and both still tested positive from a lab test in the last few days.  I called Royal to see if they're accepting certificates or a positive test within 90 days of sailing and was told that at one time that was accepted but it's not now, we'll have to have a supervised PCR or antigen negative test on Sept 2nd, 3rd or 4th.  She was very nice but didn't seem very sure of the info and couldn't tell me when they stopped accepting the certificate of recovery.

Any additional information, could she be wrong??  We're infrequent cruisers and the whole testing right before the trip is making me nervous.  Thanks for your help!

She's wrong  Here it is from their website

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail

Thank you all! 

moilly361, thanks for the link, I just read that page but it seems to dance around the question without coming straight out and stating "if you're leaving from Canada and are fully vax'd (we are) then a positive test between 11-90 days prior to sailing can be used in lieu of a negative test."  Am I reading this wrong?  Thanks again.

image.thumb.png.a4428c09613234f024d603b77a3ad666.png

9 minutes ago, HelenaCruiser2012 said:

Thank you all! 

moilly361, thanks for the link, I just read that page but it seems to dance around the question without coming straight out and stating "if you're leaving from Canada and are fully vax'd (we are) then a positive test between 11-90 days prior to sailing can be used in lieu of a negative test."  Am I reading this wrong?  Thanks again.

image.thumb.png.a4428c09613234f024d603b77a3ad666.png

Yes you would bring your positive PCR test and a letter of recovery.