SAS Strike June 2022?

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

Wednesday morning (technically from midnight).

first SAS flight which may be affected from EWR will be Wednesday June 29 afternoon.

Negotiations are currently underway in the conciliation institution in Stockholm - I will update here when there is news.

Generally in potential strike situations, there is no news until literally the last minute. And then it is either settled or the strike is on.

30 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Generally in potential strike situations, there is no news until literally the last minute. And then it is either settled or the strike is on.

… or postponed for 14 days - the strike can be postponed two time 14 days.We will know more by tomorrow Tuesday. 

36 minutes ago, hallasm said:

… or postponed for 14 days - the strike can be postponed two time 14 days.We will know more by tomorrow Tuesday. 

Yes, but that too would not be known until literally the last minute.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hallasm said:

Generally, there is no news until something happens at literally the last minute. I would imagine that a postponement would mean they are close but not quite at a settlement and think that they can get there.

Keep us all updated at what happens at the deadline.

It's quite easy to just route via star alliance partners as there are so many.  It is just that it adds to travel time. On the other hand, with long layover, one can add a quick visit to another city.

Air Canada, can help you arrive at similar time but may have to start early at US end.   Toronto airport being zoo (which is true as much is that is true about so many other major European hubs) does not affect those inbound from USA and just transiting for outbound to Europe (with star alliance partners, you stay within secure airside of Terminal E. Maple Leaf lounge is almost empty until afternoon and by evening there is a line to get in)

3 hours ago, hallasm said:

Negotiations are still ongoing - just under 6 hours until the deadline.  
At the moment, nothing new is good news

🤞 that you will be back in a few hours with good news. There is way too much going wrong at present with air travel without a strike adding to it.

• Like 1

The clock here in Scandinavia has passed midnight and from now on the SAS pilots can go on strike - there is however nothing new about the negotiations - still no news is good news.

Despite the deadline, one of the conciliators has just announced t the possibility that the parties will continue to negotiate after midnight.

No further updates from me before tomorrow (Wednesday)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hallasm said:

The clock here in Scandinavia has passed midnight and from now on the SAS pilots can go on strike - there is however nothing new about the negotiations - still no news is good news.

Despite the deadline, one of the conciliators has just announced t the possibility that the parties will continue to negotiate after midnight.

No further updates from me before tomorrow (Wednesday)

Thanks for the update. We are keeping our hopes up. 

SAS strike has been temporarily postponed - negotiations continue

An agreement has been reached that the deadline will be extended by 72 hours. The strike will now start on Saturday 2 July from midnight.

It is assessed that "it is possible to reach an agreement" on a new agreement between the airline and the pilots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, hallasm said:

An agreement has been reached that the deadline will be extended by 72 hours. The strike will now start on Saturday 2 July from midnight.

It is assessed that "it is possible to reach an agreement" on a new agreement between the airline and the pilots.

This is encouraging news - great news for me, actually. We fly out on Friday, July 1.  I hope things are resolved by July 11.
Do you have a link to your source?

31 minutes ago, AdventureKenandCar said:

Do you have a link to your source

The  postponement is generally good news.  Suggests that the conflict be resolved.
If on strike when your return journey, you must know your rights with regard to meals and possibly hotel. And also how to claim for compensation in case of delays (EU Regulation 261 / 2004)

Here is a link to information about postponement (in Danish)

Here you can check status of your SAS flight

Edited by hallasm

6 hours ago, hallasm said:

Thanks for the update. It sounds encouraging that they can get it settled without a strike, but as they say "the devil is in the details". So to quote the great philospher Yogi Berra, "it ain't over until it's over.".

On 6/29/2022 at 8:45 AM, ontheweb said:

Thanks for the update. It sounds encouraging that they can get it settled without a strike, but as they say "the devil is in the details". So to quote the great philospher Yogi Berra, "it ain't over until it's over.".

Any update? I don’t see anything online 

28 minutes ago, lionheart said:

Ongoing negotiations.

Silence in respect of the negotiations and to create as good a chance as possible of finding a solution that both parties can be satisfied with.

- might be news by tomorrow evening (Central Europe Time)

- probably a new postponement, very complex situation. Time will show.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lionheart said:

I would not expect any news until a new deadline is reached. And then there are 3 options, a settlement,  a strike, or another we are making a new deadline.

6 hours ago, hallasm said:

Progress has been made in the negotiations between SAS and the pilots, but no agreement has yet been reached. Hopefully an agreement will be reached later today.

🤞 and everyone will be happy when they hear from you that it has been settled.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

everyone will be happy when they hear from you that it has been settled.

Not y’et, Although the clock has passed midnight, and the deadline has thus expired, a pilot strike has not yet stsrted -   - a few minutes after midnigt it SAS reported that they have decided to 'stop the clock'.

26 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Not y’et, Although the clock has passed midnight, and the deadline has thus expired, a pilot strike has not yet stsrted -   - a few minutes after midnigt it SAS reported that they have decided to 'stop the clock'.

As they say it's not over until it's over, but that sounds like they are very close. Hope it all works out for everyone.

The announced pilot strike has once again been postponed - until Monday at 12 noon.

It is moving forward, but the parties are still very far apart. The negotiations between SAS and the company's pilots have been extended.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:58 AM, hallasm said:

The announced pilot strike has once again been postponed - until Monday at 12 noon.

It is moving forward, but the parties are still very far apart. The negotiations between SAS and the company's pilots have been extended.

Thanks trying to figure out if I need ti

cancel SAS and book another one 

24 minutes ago, lionheart said:

Thanks trying to figure out if I need ti

cancel SAS and book another one 

We will know a lot more tomorrow morning - right now positive messages, but no valid messages.
I suppose your journey is end of July - if strike tomorrow I will personally see what happens within the next few weeks.

5 minutes ago, hallasm said:

We will know a lot more tomorrow morning - right now positive messages, but no valid messages.
I suppose your journey is end of July - if strike tomorrow I will personally see what happens within the next few weeks.

Correct 

first family vacation in years and before my daughter goes away to college 

I looked at all flight options are horrible and some cost as much as cruise 

On 6/28/2022 at 11:23 AM, hal2008 said:

It's quite easy to just route via star alliance partners as there are so many.  It is just that it adds to travel time. On the other hand, with long layover, one can add a quick visit to another city.

Air Canada, can help you arrive at similar time but may have to start early at US end.   Toronto airport being zoo (which is true as much is that is true about so many other major European hubs) does not affect those inbound from USA and just transiting for outbound to Europe (with star alliance partners, you stay within secure airside of Terminal E. Maple Leaf lounge is almost empty until afternoon and by evening there is a line to get in)

Just a note for anyone flying Air Canada; they have made some schedule changes that affect the timing of the Toronto-Copenhagen route. They have also cancelled about 15% of their flights for July and August, although those are domestic and Canada-US routes.