Build a Bear on Mardi Gras

kelkel2

Does anyone have any current or recent pictures of what carnival has available in the Build a Bear on Mardi Gras? My kiddos are asking and I haven’t seen much discussion about this on CC at all. 

I have been on a handful of cruises since the restart, but not on Mardi Gras.  I do not recall the Build A Bear time advertised on the cruises I have taken.  I wonder if it has been cut.  I am really hoping for your children's sake that I missed seeing it and Build A Bear is available on your sailing.  This is one of the few times I would like to be proven wrong.  Waiting for my dish of crow to be served.

We were on the Mardi Gras at the end of April, and Build-A-Bear was held on the first sea day at 2pm in the Punchliner Comedy Club. When we passed there was a HUGE line waiting to get in. Keep in mind that our cruise was after spring break, and before schools let out, so there weren't that many kids on board. It will be a zoo for sure during the summer months! Didn't see what was being offered. :classic_cool:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We were on the Mardi Gras at the end of April, and Build-A-Bear was held on the first sea day at 2pm in the Punchliner Comedy Club. When we passed there was a HUGE line waiting to get in. Keep in mind that our cruise was after spring break, and before schools let out, so there weren't that many kids on board. It will be a zoo for sure during the summer months! Didn't see what was being offered. :classic_cool:

*makes note to avoid Punchliner area at 2pm at all costs* 😉

• Haha 1

I did BAB on the Dream in April. (Confession:  I'm a big kid at heart - no kids so I just did it for myself and for the fun of it!  Plus I had some OBC to burn.  LOL!)  It was held in the comedy club on a sea day.  It will be listed in the Fun Times. I strongly suggest you get there early so you can have first pick at the animals and clothing/accessories.  They hand out numbers to determine the order of participation - I think it was 5 people at a time could go up front to build their bear.  I had a low number, but by the time I got up there, the Carnival bear I really wanted (white with the CCL logo) was gone.  Looked like they only had 2 of those to begin with.  I ended up with the dog, which was my 2nd choice, so it worked out.  Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

How does the build a bear work?  We are sailing on the Panorama during a spring break week, and Carnival advised it would be held one day only.  Do you have to sign up beforehand?  How much does it cost?  Do you pay for it with your onboard account?  If you purchase the build a bear gift card, does that guarantee you will get into the event?  I understand the gift card is only good for the one cruise.  

19 hours ago, wizfourfam said:

How does the build a bear work?  We are sailing on the Panorama during a spring break week, and Carnival advised it would be held one day only.  Do you have to sign up beforehand?  How much does it cost?  Do you pay for it with your onboard account?  If you purchase the build a bear gift card, does that guarantee you will get into the event?  I understand the gift card is only good for the one cruise.  

We've done build a bear on multiple sailings in 2022, once on the Panorama.  We had to make a reservation three times, but not the last time in December on the Miracle (not sure why).  I'd check the Carnival hub when you get on board to see if a reservation is needed, just to avoid disappointment.

The "bears" were a bit more expensive than your traditional build a bear ($28 -$30, if I remember correctly).  I spent $64 on a flamingo, flip flops, a dress, sunglasses, and a backpack at build a bear on the Miracle in December.  The good news is there are no sounds, heart beats, or smells available for purchase like in a traditional build a bear store.

You pay with your sign and sail account.  Not sure about what you mean by a gift card.  Do you mean a regular build a bear gift card or one available for purchase through Carnival?  I'm pretty sure that they don't accept build a bear gift cards on the ship.  Also, if you have a reward account with build a bear (which, if you couldn't tell, we do), there is no credit for doing build a bear at sea.  It is a totally separate program.

Hope that helps.  

• Thanks 1