Price Increase on June 30, 2022?

ssawjo

Just received a new brochure from Oceania, "Discover the World, a Collection of Grand Voyages 2023-2024".  At the bottom of each page of an advertised voyage, there is a notation that reads, "BOOK NOW! Fares Expire June 30, 2022".  Does this mean that ALL fares are likely to increase that date?  Or just for that voyage being advertised?  I was hoping to book two 2024 cruises on my upcoming sailing in July 2022 and I don't want to have to pay an increased cost to what the fare is priced currently.

Thanks to anyone who can provide some clarification.

Bill

They may or may not increase

The wording has been used before  & some cruises do increase but some  just stay the same

If you see something you like book it  & it no increase  then cancel if you are not sure you really want to go

As long as you are  not in the penalty period  for that sailing

As to an increase.....look around you.... inflation running wild, for everything here. 

The cost of fuel  alone up almost 50% and climbing with no relief in sight or plan to stop it.    Ask yourself ,what are the chances that a business, any business, is  going to have to make substantial increaser  if it wants to stay  alive? 

As others have said, if you have any, even remote, Idea of doing any travel in the future years.... book and lock it in now.     Like at a blackjack table and the dealer is showing an ace...  you buy insurance. ....   Well O has told you they are holding an  ace !!!

Same with airfare too.    I have seen in the past 4 months fares   go up  on my trip to Europe business   $2500 pp!    Glad I bought 10 months ago.

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, ssawjo said:

Just received a new brochure from Oceania, "Discover the World, a Collection of Grand Voyages 2023-2024".  At the bottom of each page of an advertised voyage, there is a notation that reads, "BOOK NOW! Fares Expire June 30, 2022". ....

I saw that, too, and kept in mind the recent price increases I've seen on various cruises. I booked a B2 Veranda on an 11/22 Sirena cruise to the E. Caribbean while on Riviera in 12/21. Saved the $200, lower deposit, etc. But IIRC on 1/1/22 the published fare went up $100 and then around 4/12/22 it rose another $100. So that $2599 B2 which I booked at $2399 is now showing a published fare of $2799. It didn't go on sale for either the Presidents' Day or Memorial Day sales.

23 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Don’t forget Oceania allows you to book up to 30 days prior to your cruise and get full onboard credits, which includes current fare discounts and OBC. Discuss with your Travel Agent.

Thank you for this reminder. I got a reminder that it is also true for 30 days post sailing, was told that as a fact on the ship as well, but then was told by others here that it is not true and that the agents on the ship that have been saying that , have been spoken to by the "important people". Oceania also did not honor this rule for us,  even though they knew we were told that by their agent on the Riviera. No good will !!!

We are on the ship again in November and will see if the 30 day post cruise rule is offered to us again. This time will get in writing. But then still no guarantee that someone more important will not veto it. Hate these discrepancies. 

15 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

... We are on the ship again in November and will see if the 30 day post cruise rule is offered to us again. This time will get in writing. But then still no guarantee that someone more important will not veto it. 

Wife and I are back in 11/22 as well (Sirena). But as I did in 12/21 (Riviera), I'd more likely book on board. To get the discount, reduced deposit, etc. That will come with the contractual paperwork the O agents on board will hand you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Wife and I are back in 11/22 as well (Sirena). But as I did in 12/21 (Riviera), I'd more likely book on board. To get the discount, reduced deposit, etc. That will come with the contractual paperwork the O agents on board will hand you.

I understand your desire to get a obc and reduced deposit..... but honestly   you run a huge risk of  getting hit  in 6 months , with several price increases. that negate any financial gain you might get.  I'd think this long and hard 

14 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

I understand your desire to get a obc and reduced deposit..... but honestly   you run a huge risk of  getting hit  in 6 months , with several price increases. that negate any financial gain you might get.  I'd think this long and hard 

What, I booked a specific cruise while on Riviera in 12/21--on Sirena, 11-18-28/22-- and got the contractual paperwork, for my specific room, so NO price increases. My price is locked in unless they offer some sale price that is lower. This cruise was NOT put on sale either with the Presidents' Day or Memorial Day sales. But I will keep my eye out

56 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

What, I booked a specific cruise while on Riviera in 12/21--on Sirena, 11-18-28/22-- and got the contractual paperwork, for my specific room, so NO price increases. My price is locked in unless they offer some sale price that is lower. This cruise was NOT put on sale either with the Presidents' Day or Memorial Day sales. But I will keep my eye out

I don't think that's what Dan was saying. Yes, your Nov cruise is protected, but whatever you might book while you're on that cruise could go up between now and then more than any savings you might get by waiting to book on board. 

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

I don't think that's what Dan was saying. Yes, your Nov cruise is protected, but whatever you might book while you're on that cruise could go up between now and then more than any savings you might get by waiting to book on board. 

What you're saying makes no sense in an inflationary period, where prices are rising over time, not falling. I did NOT wait. So, the list price of my room on that 11/22 Sirena cruise was $2599. I paid $2399 while on board Riviera in December 2021. With only $500 down. I won't pay any more than that. IF there is a sale price, I'll get the sale price. Didn't go on sale for the first 2 public sales of 2022. But I keep my eye open.

IIRC the list price rose to $2699 at the end of December 2021 and then rose another $100 to $2799 around April 1st, 2022. So not only did I save $200 by booking when I did, but now the price increases have added $200 to those trying to book today. SO, waiting likely means losing money. Future prices will be higher than current prices which are higher than past prices.

7 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

What you're saying makes no sense in an inflationary period, where prices are rising over time, not falling. I did NOT wait. So, the list price of my room on that 11/22 Sirena cruise was $2599. I paid $2399 while on board Riviera in December 2021. With only $500 down. I won't pay any more than that. IF there is a sale price, I'll get the sale price. Didn't go on sale for the first 2 public sales of 2022. But I keep my eye open.

IIRC the list price rose to $2699 at the end of December 2021 and then rose another $100 to $2799 around April 1st, 2022. So not only did I save $200 by booking when I did, but now the price increases have added $200 to those trying to book today. SO, waiting likely means losing money. Future prices will be higher than current prices which are higher than past prices.

Did you even read what I wrote? 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

But as I did in 12/21 (Riviera), I'd more likely book on board. 

I'll help clear it up, this is the statement Dan is referring to, nothing to do with the cruise you already have booked, other than you are talking about booking another while you're on Sirena. 

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'll help clear it up, this is the statement Dan is referring to, nothing to do with the cruise you already have booked, other than you are talking about booking another while you're on Sirena. 

Yes, so if you are on board NOW or in the very near future, BOOK... I booked a 2024 Baltic cruise the moment that opened up recently. And then changed rooms with a Memorial Day sale upgrade. I did NOT wait until my Sirena cruise in 11/22 to book. 

54 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Yes, so if you are on board NOW or in the very near future, BOOK... I booked a 2024 Baltic cruise the moment that opened up recently. And then changed rooms with a Memorial Day sale upgrade. I did NOT wait until my Sirena cruise in 11/22 to book. 

Fine..... my entire point was grab whatever cruises you want for the next several years NOW, waiting a day, a week a month can and will expose you to a better than average chance of one or more price increases, supplements and God knows what.   Putting  off  a purchase now will be rolling loaded dice.

You know the price today on what you buy today.,.tomorrow and beyond is  all risk   at least for the next several years.     So as Dirty Harry said " are you feeling lucky" 

images (4).jpg

5 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Fine, but that's not what you said in post #11

You might want to take a look at this cruise:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/baltic-cruises/stockholm-to-copenhagen-MNA220731/

It wasn't there last week, but came online this week. I wonder if the word "Charter" in it's title means it is a charter. I know it was originally a St Peterburg itinerary.

Anyway, I read elsewhere that these new fares are about 30% lower than when it was going to St Petersburg.