Celebrity now using deck 6 rooms for quarantine

the_dylaness

2 hours ago, rf1286 said:

We are on deck 6 AFT of Celebrity Solstice in October.  Does anyone know which part of deck 6 is closed for quarantine?

We just returned from Celebrity Solstice to Alaska.  We were on deck 6 and it did not appear any part of it was closed.  It was rumored they were using deck 3, although I have no way to know if that was true.

1 hour ago, ewalke22 said:

We just returned from Celebrity Solstice to Alaska.  We were on deck 6 and it did not appear any part of it was closed.  It was rumored they were using deck 3, although I have no way to know if that was true.

It could be that the crew is not changing as much so not so many quarantine cabins are needed.  On our TA when deck 6 was mostly closed there was a long line of new crew joining at Fort Lauderdale.  Thanks for your response.  This makes me hopeful.

On 6/19/2022 at 4:01 PM, wrk2cruise said:

It's been reported for months that some people booked in deck 6 balcony cabins on "S" class ships have been moved due to quarantine cabin requirements.  Could be crew or passenger.

Thank you, yet when some of us come to CC, we do not look or search to see if this has been discussed before posting "challenges" aboard and/or other as if no one knew...

bon voyage

• Like 1

We were on Equinox back in late April. We had the weirdest boarding experience we have ever had. Now I did all the planning for the cruise... filled in all the paperwork .. used my credit card etc. DH needs wheelchair assistance in boarding. When we arrived at port Everglades terminal... we had a fabulous pusher. She took charge and brought us to the first stop for check in.... the woman with the I pad..looked at DH in the chair and said "Mr Kearney are you sailing solo today?" I was thinking..hey I am standing here!.... Anyway .. she did not have any record of me... I showed her the app and the pusher immediately took charge and announce we were heading to the counter to see a port agent. The folks at the counter were all very pleasant but seemed perplexed. I had hard copies of everything and after 10 minutes or so... they told me that I was in one system..but somehow was not in another... I was told my key card would not be at the cabin and I would have to go to guest relations. Onward and upward... we than had our crew pusher who took ups to our cabin...on Deck 8. Which was a surprise since...like OP I had specifically selected a cabin near the elevators on deck 6. Knowing the moving quarantine situation ... when I went to get my key I asked if we were moved due to quarantine reasons...and the answer was..yes. After getting my key card.. we headed to the Martini Bar to recover from the odd check in.... later up to the Sky Lounge. Staffing was a bit short up there..so I went to the bar to get DH and myself a cocktail... the bar tender noted that while DH card noted the classic package..there was no such notation on my card..... so back to guest relations for a new card.... and the next day after noting a charge from the Martini Bar..I was back again to get the charge removed. As I say it was the oddest start to a cruise... the final frustration was...as OP experienced...the missing luggage. So I showed our steward a photo of the luggage... (I usually do this to aid in locating lost luggage)... and suggested that the bag might have been delivered to our original cabin....  Just before 5 the bags showed up.... all was right with the world. It was still a great cruise... just got off to an odd start.

• Like 1

I was just on the Solstice in Alaska. I had symptoms Wed night, and tested positive Thursday.  They could not have handled it more horribly than they did, but that's a story for another thread 😞

The isolation cabins were on 6. I couldn't tell how many, but they had closed the fire doors and posted a Do Not Enter sign on them. Behing the doors were 15-20 cabins for covid positive passengers. I was in 6231.

Wow. We have an accessible veranda booked on deck 6 of the Silhouette for the October TA. This information may be enough for me to convince hubby to upgrade to the last available accessible cabin on the ship, a Sky Suite 😁.

Early in July, my husband and I were quarantined on Deck 3 on the Apex.  The area deseignated for quarantine is not fleetwide, but rather ship specific.   10 days being unable to step foot from a cabin without air was not an experience I ever want to repeat.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 7:25 PM, GRBlizz said:

Wow. We have an accessible veranda booked on deck 6 of the Silhouette for the October TA. This information may be enough for me to convince hubby to upgrade to the last available accessible cabin on the ship, a Sky Suite 😁.

It may not matter.  We had a Celebrity suite and were both moved to an Deck 3 Oceanview.  I thought that  when my husband tested positive four days after I was moved out, I could be moved back up to our suite.  He remained in our suite after I tested positive.  They test traveling partners for 5 days after one pops positive.  One more day without a positive and he would have been home free.  I begged for them to let me go back upstairs, but it was out of the question entirely.   We hated leaving our beautiful suite.  

1 hour ago, quicklabs said:

It may not matter.  We had a Celebrity suite and were both moved to an Deck 3 Oceanview.  I thought that  when my husband tested positive four days after I was moved out, I could be moved back up to our suite.  He remained in our suite after I tested positive.  They test traveling partners for 5 days after one pops positive.  One more day without a positive and he would have been home free.  I begged for them to let me go back upstairs, but it was out of the question entirely.   We hated leaving our beautiful suite.  

That sounds awful. Did they make up for it in any way?