Carnival share purchase - down under

roscoe39

1 minute ago, roscoe39 said:

well the more people they can convince into travelling on that monstrosity, the more premium cabins left on the QV for us!

fingers crossed we open our ports soon Lissie....this landlubber thing doesn't suit me.

Next week - 'Relief' for cruise industry as maritime border opening date confirmed | Stuff.co.nz Mind you we did manage an expedition cruise out of Invercargill in Jan 2021!  

32 days until our cruise, 21 days before we leave the country - not counting or anything! Might celebrate Matariki by doing a trial pack! 

2 hours ago, lissie said:

Next week - 'Relief' for cruise industry as maritime border opening date confirmed | Stuff.co.nz Mind you we did manage an expedition cruise out of Invercargill in Jan 2021!  

32 days until our cruise, 21 days before we leave the country - not counting or anything! Might celebrate Matariki by doing a trial pack! 

good to hear Lissie!!! I had not seen that.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone in AU/NZ had any recent success applying for the Carnival shareholder credit?  I bought 200 shares of CCL on the London Stock Exchange in early August (at a very reasonable price I think), and started the process of applying for the credit for our upcoming voyage in November..

1. I initially emailed my information (name, booking reference, ship, sailing date, shareholding statement) to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com (benefits plural with an s), as directed by the Australia Cunard website.  I tried again two weeks later.  I've never received any response.
  2. I tried calling the Cunard Australia call centre, and they instructed me to email the information to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com (benefit singular no s).  I did get a response from them, saying that they do not process credits for Cunard and I should email sb@cunard.com.
  3. I've sent three emails now to sb@cunard.com, and have never received any response.

What am I doing incorrectly?  Is there a secret? 

Edited by sfred

9 hours ago, sfred said:

Has anyone in AU/NZ had any recent success applying for the Carnival shareholder credit?  I bought 200 shares of CCL on the London Stock Exchange in early August (at a very reasonable price I think), and started the process of applying for the credit for our upcoming voyage in November..

1. I initially emailed my information (name, booking reference, ship, sailing date, shareholding statement) to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com (benefits plural with an s), as directed by the Australia Cunard website.  I tried again two weeks later.  I've never received any response.
  2. I tried calling the Cunard Australia call centre, and they instructed me to email the information to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com (benefit singular no s).  I did get a response from them, saying that they do not process credits for Cunard and I should email sb@cunard.com.
  3. I've sent three emails now to sb@cunard.com, and have never received any response.

What am I doing incorrectly?  Is there a secret? 

I bought one hundred at their almost lowest earlier this year, got the share dealing online confirmation certificate and emaileda copy   to 

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

This has to be done no later than three weeks before sailing.

I sent this with the copy

Please find enclosed copy of my recent purchase of 100 Carnival shares.
I wish to have this applied to my next cruise in order to obtain the onboard credit which applies to Cunard cruises.

My name
xxxxxxxxxx

Ship
Queen Victoria

Sailing
21st August

My booking ref
xxxxxxxx

Please could I have confirmation of this application.

Many Thanks
xxxxxxxx

Edited by Victoria2

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

Did you get an initial automated response from shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com ?

That address works for us in the UK.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

I bought one hundred at their almost lowest earlier this year, got the share dealing online confirmation certificate and emaileda copy   to 

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

This has to be done no later than three weeks before sailing.

I sent this with the copy

Thanks @Host Hattie and @Victoria2.  My emails to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com and sb@cunard.com seem to disappear into the internet.  No replies at all, either automated or otherwise, from either address.  I included all the information in @Victoria2's message, and attached my shareholding statement.

My email to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com did get an initial automated reply, followed by a reply from an agent that they did not handle Cunard requests and I needed to go through sb@cunard.com in the US.

I wondered if my email origin from Australia is somehow getting filtered at the Carnival UK address and the Cunard US address.  I don't get an undelivered message indicating failure, just silence.

Sfred, you're perfectly correct in that the email address you have used is the one that is referred to as appropriate for Cunard bookings from information on the Carnival Corp shareholder benefit page. It shouldn't matter (from what they say on their own shareholder benefit page) where you are emailing from. Quite probably they won't respond even if you're sending to the correct email address.

This is the information I'm sure you've already seen on that page:

CUNARD*

Shareholders Guest Services
Tel 44 0 345 355 0300
Fax 44 0 238 065 7360
Email: shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Perhaps a phone call to the shareholders' guest services might make matters clearer (if you feel like staying up half the night so they're working when you call 😂). Irritating that they make it such a faff to organise.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

CUNARD*

Shareholders Guest Services
Tel 44 0 345 355 0300
Fax 44 0 238 065 7360
Email: shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Thanks @LittleFish1976.  That's very useful.  The Cunard Australia page only has the UK email, fax, and postal address, not the phone number.  I'll give them a call on Monday night my time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is interested in the outcome of my CCL shareholder credit queries.  I was finally successful, ironically with the one department that initially replied and said they didn't process Cunard credits.

I called the Carnival UK shareholder credit phone number that @LittleFish1976 kindly provided and spoke to several different people on three different calls.  One person said the Carnival shareholder credit no longer applied for Cunard.  Another said the credit applied only for UK residents.  A third said that the Carnival UK department didn't support Australia shareholders and I needed to call and deal with Carnival Australia, despite the Cunard Australia website clearly stating to contact Carnival UK.

At that point I was nearly ready to throw in the towel and give up.  But I tried one further time with the Cunard Australia email cunard.aspac@carnivalaustralia.com.  They very helpfully pursued my query with shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com.  (This was the department that had answered my original email and said they didn't handle Cunard and I needed to write to sb@cunard.com in the US, which never replied).  Anyway, a week or so after cunard.aspac@carnivalaustralia.com got involved, I finally have my shareholder credit and updated booking confirmation.

So as best I can tell from this experience, for CCL shareholders in Australia:

• Don't try to go through Carnival UK, despite the direction from the Cunard Australia website.
  • Don't email sb@cunard.com in the US.  They don't seem to ever answer.
  • shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com seems to be the correct email.  Although you might need cunard.aspac@carnivalaustralia.com to assist.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sfred said:

Just in case anyone is interested in the outcome of my CCL shareholder credit queries.  I was finally successful, ironically with the one department that initially replied and said they didn't process Cunard credits.

I called the Carnival UK shareholder credit phone number that @LittleFish1976 kindly provided and spoke to several different people on three different calls.  One person said the Carnival shareholder credit no longer applied for Cunard.  Another said the credit applied only for UK residents.  A third said that the Carnival UK department didn't support Australia shareholders and I needed to call and deal with Carnival Australia, despite the Cunard Australia website clearly stating to contact Carnival UK.

At that point I was nearly ready to throw in the towel and give up.  But I tried one further time with the Cunard Australia email cunard.aspac@carnivalaustralia.com.  They very helpfully pursued my query with shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com.  (This was the department that had answered my original email and said they didn't handle Cunard and I needed to write to sb@cunard.com in the US, which never replied).  Anyway, a week or so after cunard.aspac@carnivalaustralia.com got involved, I finally have my shareholder credit and updated booking confirmation.

• Don't try to go through Carnival UK, despite the direction from the Cunard Australia website.
  • shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com seems to be the correct email.  Although you might need cunard.aspac@carnivalaustralia.com to assist.

Good luck!

Gosh, @sfred you were really put through the mill with that process, weren't you? You deserve every penny of the resultant OBC!

I'm very grateful to you for your relaying the process to us all here; makes me think I'd better start chasing my OBC for my February cruise. I'll do it tomorrow while they (hopefully!) retain some institutional memory of your experience.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

The price of a share has dropped enough that we bought shares just to obtain the OBC. I emailed on Thursday morning, cc’ing our Cunard TA, and had an email reply on Friday morning saying it had been applied. I also received an updated invoice from my Cunard TA.

From reports here on Cruise Critic, the sb@cunard.com email works great for people in the US.  But my emails to that address seemed to go into a black hole, with no response either of a delivered message or a failed one..  Perhaps my emails, originating from an Australia ISP, were getting filtered out by Cunard IT.

On 10/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, sfred said:

Good luck!

Hello sfred. I wanted to let you know, and anyone else who may require this information, that I followed your advice and used the email addresses you found to work. I addressed the email to the shareholderbenefit address but also cc'd the cunard.aspac address so they could all see what was required.

I'm glad I contacted them straight after your experience with them as I assumed that chancces were, there'd be someone who'd had experience with your enquiry.

So all in all, I received notification of my OBC having been applied this morning, Saturday! - four days (almost to the hour) after my emailed request.

Thanks again for laying the groundwork!

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

So all in all, I received notification of my OBC having been applied this morning, Saturday! - four days (almost to the hour) after my emailed request.

Excellent!  Thanks for letting us know, and glad to hear that the process worked well.  Hopefully the local Australia Carnival/Cunard institutional memory will be retained.  Best wishes for your voyage in February!

Edited by sfred