Cruise cancelled...what is reasonable wait for refund?

edgee

It has been 35 days since Regent notified us our July Alaska cruise was cancelled. My TA inquired today about the status of the refund. Was told it has not been processed yet and will not be for another 6 weeks..total of 12 to 13 week wait to get our $13,000+ back. Am I being unreasonable to ask my TA to escalate this to try for a quicker time frame, or is a wait of this length a reasonable time frame? 

Edited by edgee
spelling

• edgee changed the title to Cruise cancelled...what is reasonable wait for refund?
6 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Call your credit card company.

We had to do that in order to get refunded in a timely manner

That's the way I got all of my money back deposited with Crystal prior to their bankruptcy. However I have several future cruises on deposit with Regent and Oceania and do not want to get put on any "uncooperative customer" list or in any way jeopardize my ability to travel with them in the future.

15 hours ago, edgee said:

It has been 35 days since Regent notified us our July Alaska cruise was cancelled. My TA inquired today about the status of the refund. Was told it has not been processed yet and will not be for another 6 weeks..total of 12 to 13 week wait to get our $13,000+ back. Am I being unreasonable to ask my TA to escalate this to try for a quicker time frame, or is a wait of this length a reasonable time frame? 

Why was your July Alaska cruise cancelled?

Usually within 60 days. I have never heard of a single case anywhere where Regent stiffed anyone. If you charge it back, don't expect any favors from them in the future. A chargeback can be held against the vendor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Odd, once the refund was OK’ed we got it in 2 weeks.

Interesting. Did you have a July cruise to Alaska cancelled and have you already been refunded?

Edited by edgee

14 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

The time can vary but we did get every cent back.  It took awhile.  I knew our TA would watch out for us.

Yes, I have received word through my TA that although I received word from them in mid May, Regent did not officially cancel the cruise until July 8. They are now promising me a refund within 30 days of that date.