le Petit Chef?

tweetylori

I did a search and don't see much discussion about the pros and cons of le Petit Chef.  Is it worth the hefty price? Looks like a very limited menu.  Is it worth it if a person doesn't do steak?  I'm not seeing a discount for the first night unlike the other specialty dining restaurants. Do they ever discount it other than buying a multi-restaurant package?  Would love overall opinions/tips please!

We were able to get the discount when we got on board for the first night.  We visited the restaurant when we got on.   They did give you another option for the menu so if you didn't care for the current themed menu there was another. 

It was a definitely a neat experience and we had fun. The show was entertaining and all the food was good.  I don't think I would go back again especially at full price.  Kind of a one and done for me.  

There are 2-3 different Le Petit shows and each has 2 menus.  The menu that is timed to the animation and a alternate choice if you don’t/can’t eat a course from the main menu.

The dinner is set and everyone is served each course at the same time.  So rather regimented.  

We did the original and said one & done.  Then a year later cruised with a friend who really wanted to try it so did the 2 show which has a different menu. That was it for us.  Food was ok, but not worth the price to us.  

I have never seen a 1st night discount, like you see for some if the other restaurants.

30 minutes ago, Wrunkles said:

We were able to get the discount when we got on board for the first night.  We visited the restaurant when we got on.   They did give you another option for the menu so if you didn't care for the current themed menu there was another. 

It was a definitely a neat experience and we had fun. The show was entertaining and all the food was good.  I don't think I would go back again especially at full price.  Kind of a one and done for me.  

Thank you!  I appreciate your input!

27 minutes ago, jelayne said:

There are 2-3 different Le Petit shows and each has 2 menus.  The menu that is timed to the animation and a alternate choice if you don’t/can’t eat a course from the main menu.

The dinner is set and everyone is served each course at the same time.  So rather regimented.  

We did the original and said one & done.  Then a year later cruised with a friend who really wanted to try it so did the 2 show which has a different menu. That was it for us.  Food was ok, but not worth the price to us.  

I have never seen a 1st night discount, like you see for some if the other restaurants.

Thank you, I appreciate the info!

Watch for menu options for chicken or sea bass, these change as the week goes on if you don't want to do the filet mignon.

We found the amount of food was ample, and way less than the enormous amounts we get at Tuscan or Muranos.

The story line changes as well towards the middle and end of the sailing.

• Like 1

We enjoyed the restaurant and frankly, had the best cooked steak I have ever had on a cruise.  I failed to pay attention to the storyline and kept moving my plate.  The server had to keep moving it back so the lights would show properly.   It was good to try but not something I would do again.

• Like 2

When cruised on Equinox in may they offered us a 20% discount. Of course we are elite+ so get a discount anyway. Ended up doing it while the Gratuities were still included but at 55 + 20% its a bit much.

Taking 9 year old niece on this next trip and thought about it but at 200$ before discount I think we will stick with Luminae.

• Like 1

On an 11 day on Constellation in Feb, we ended up with extra sea days due to several ports not yet open after Covid. 

They offered LPC twice for lunch at (I believe) $25. Others confirmed that it was the same menu and portion as they had enjoyed on the dinner option. 

Worth checking your newspaper on sea days, I found it by accident trying to burn up some OBC.

The "and friends" version is quite fun, there are 4 chefs and they have a little competition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

On an 11 day on Constellation in Feb, we ended up with extra sea days due to several ports not yet open after Covid. 

They offered LPC twice for lunch at (I believe) $25. Others confirmed that it was the same menu and portion as they had enjoyed on the dinner option. 

Worth checking your newspaper on sea days, I found it by accident trying to burn up some OBC.

The "and friends" version is quite fun, there are 4 chefs and they have a little competition. 

Good to know thanks!  I think I would like it a lot better at half the price.  Lunch would be perfect. Maybe we will get lucky also.