Covid EMed kit for UK cruisers? Alaska cruise

only1armband

I have just checked in on the Celebrity APP and all documentation and fully vaccinated certificates uploaded. I'm traveling from Heathrow to Vancouver and staying in Canada for 2 days before boarding the Eclipse. Although it's been stressful trying to trawl through the requirements to travel (and now BA are going in strike!), I'm now  confused with Celebrity's pre testing. I have to provide a negative antigen or PCR test within 2 days of boarding. This does not require monitoring when testing. Then Celebrity advise I bring an eMed kit and to click on a link. This looks like a purchase kit for US citizen cruisers. Therefore would the UK Government"s Flowflex rapid Antigen test kit be deemed as approved and accepted? 

I've sent emails and spent hours trying to call celebrity without success, my TA can not help either. May I ask if anyone has had success with getting an answer from Celebrity.

Many thanks 

Screenshot_2022-06-24-07-15-43-45_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

I'm fairly certain that to use emed, you must have a US address.    You can use it out of the country but the account must have a US based address.     And no self tests are accepted.    They must either be done in person or through a video call such as emed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, only1armband said:

I have to provide a negative antigen or PCR test within 2 days of boarding. This does not require monitoring when testing

Have been explicitly told that the test does not have to be monitored?

When they say you have to present a negative test result that pretty much ensures that it can't be one you have done yourself like the UK self-test kits as there is no documented result to present?

I would have thought the easiest solution was to check the availability of rapid testing services in Canada...

4 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Have been explicitly told that the test does not have to be monitored?

When they say you have to present a negative test result that pretty much ensures that it can't be one you have done yourself like the UK self-test kits as there is no documented result to present?

I would have thought the easiest solution was to check the availability of rapid testing services in Canada...

With due respect as I don't want people assuming your first sentence is correct.    If you were told that they didn't know what they were talking about and I would hate someone to miss their cruise by believing it to be true.   I do however agree with the remainder of your recommendations.

Please refer to https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

All guests 2 and over must also present a negative Covid-19 test result from a proctored/monitored test in order to board a Celebrity Cruises ship.

For the OP -    you can use those type test with a number of companies that offer proctoring service.  You can google to find some but here is one example.    They permit you to use any antigen test you may have and you make an appointee and they monitor the test and send you the results

Couple of companies I have used.

Virtual Proctoring | Covid Testing by Total Testing Solutions

Covid Test - Telnet

• Like 1

8 hours ago, only1armband said:

I have just checked in on the Celebrity APP and all documentation and fully vaccinated certificates uploaded. I'm traveling from Heathrow to Vancouver and staying in Canada for 2 days before boarding the Eclipse. Although it's been stressful trying to trawl through the requirements to travel (and now BA are going in strike!), I'm now  confused with Celebrity's pre testing. I have to provide a negative antigen or PCR test within 2 days of boarding. This does not require monitoring when testing. Then Celebrity advise I bring an eMed kit and to click on a link. This looks like a purchase kit for US citizen cruisers. Therefore would the UK Government"s Flowflex rapid Antigen test kit be deemed as approved and accepted? 

I've sent emails and spent hours trying to call celebrity without success, my TA can not help either. May I ask if anyone has had success with getting an answer from Celebrity.

Many thanks 

Screenshot_2022-06-24-07-15-43-45_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

With due respect as I don't want people assuming your first sentence is correct.    If you were told that they didn't know what they were talking about and I would hate someone to miss their cruise by believing it to be true.   I do however agree with the remainder of your recommendations.

Please refer to https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

All guests 2 and over must also present a negative Covid-19 test result from a proctored/monitored test in order to board a Celebrity Cruises ship.

For the OP -    you can use those type test with a number of companies that offer proctoring service.  You can google to find some but here is one example.    They permit you to use any antigen test you may have and you make an appointee and they monitor the test and send you the results

Couple of companies I have used.

Virtual Proctoring | Covid Testing by Total Testing Solutions

Covid Test - Telnet

@Jim_Iain: I assume that you are 100% right, and if it were me I would act on that assumption.

However, I note that the OP is referring to language under the Alaska Cruisetour section of the Country Requirements that says:

• All Celebrity Cruises requires all guests ages 2 and older to present a digital or physical copy of a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 2 days of the land tour start date. This test may be taken as either an Antigen or PCR test and is not required to be monitored testing.

In light of this, I am left with some uncertainty as to what exactly the requirement is, and why Celebrity might have written a different rule for Alaska Cruisetours.

Tom & Judy

11 minutes ago, TFree said:

@Jim_Iain: I assume that you are 100% right, and if it were me I would act on that assumption.

However, I note that the OP is referring to language under the Alaska Cruisetour section of the Country Requirements that says:

• All Celebrity Cruises requires all guests ages 2 and older to present a digital or physical copy of a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 2 days of the land tour start date. This test may be taken as either an Antigen or PCR test and is not required to be monitored testing.

In light of this, I am left with some uncertainty as to what exactly the requirement is, and why Celebrity might have written a different rule for Alaska Cruisetours.

Tom & Judy

It is a completely different issue.  Probably should have highlighted LAND TOUR.  Pretty much nothing required for the land tour, BUT one then needs a proctored test to board.

LAND TOURS ARE NOT PART OF ANY CDC AGREEMENT AND DO NOT INVOLVE CRUISESHIPS.  THUS NO MONITORED TESTING REQUIRED.

ANY government approved test can be used for boarding and any proctoring service.  Emed is not necessary.  The free tests for US and Canada (for example) and Rapid Test and Trace or any other company work fine using a phone OR one certainly can go to a testing center.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

27 minutes ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

Ahh... that may explain.    I just didn't want anyone showing up and being denied boarding. 

I agree that it is very confusing as there are different protocols according to what countries you are sailing from and two.    Now we also have a separate one for Cruise Tours that both say not required to be monitored but also says you need a physical or digital copy of the negative test results.   

42 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My comment was poorly phrased, and the short edit time prevents changing it, but it was phrased as a question to the OP, as in 'were you explicitly told...'