SEA Port Valet

ldgiff

• 3 weeks later...

Is PortValet a free service? We are flying SW so our bags fly free, but is there a charge for the Valet?

Also,  do they check you in for your flight 24 hours before? Or is that something I still need to do?  We will do family boarding between A & B group anyway... unless we get lucky at get an A group boarding. We are not paying extra for priority boarding. 

Edited by futureAG
found the info I was looking for in the FAQ section of the website!

6 hours ago, futureAG said:

Is PortValet a free service? We are flying SW so our bags fly free, but is there a charge for the Valet?

Also,  do they check you in for your flight 24 hours before? Or is that something I still need to do?  We will do family boarding between A & B group anyway... unless we get lucky at get an A group boarding. We are not paying extra for priority boarding. 

It is 100% free and does work with SW. I used them twice previously (2018 and 2019) with SW. You will still need to check in on your own with SW for your boarding number, but they will print your boarding pass for you.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 6:29 PM, PattiPB said:

I’d love some recent experience using this service. Specifically on the HAL Westerdam this season. Thank you!

I recently used Seattle Port Valet on Eurodam..... it was great.  I submitted all the paperwork online before the cruise, but you can also submit while on the cruise.  The ship will leave a boarding pass in your mailbox, pick up the luggage for you on the last night, and the luggage magically shows up at your home airport.  It was especially nice for us since we booked a later flight to give us the day to explore Seattle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 4:29 PM, groundloop said:

I recently used Seattle Port Valet on Eurodam..... it was great.  I submitted all the paperwork online before the cruise, but you can also submit while on the cruise.  The ship will leave a boarding pass in your mailbox, pick up the luggage for you on the last night, and the luggage magically shows up at your home airport.  It was especially nice for us since we booked a later flight to give us the day to explore Seattle.

We just used this 2 days ago off the Solstice.   We filled everything out at home before we boarded.  I did check with guest relations desk while on the ship to make sure that they had us listed...they did.  The night before we got off, we got our luggage tags and boarding passes.

We had pre booked a ride to the airport and had a Hertz rental car.  So we were taken straight to the Hertz rental at the airport where we picked up our car for a great day outside of Seattle..Snoqualmie Falls, lunch at Salish Lodge, and a visit with the kangaroos at The Fall City Wallaby Ranch. 

Back to the airport to drop off the car and on to our red eye flights home.   Worked perfectly. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, natanya13 said:

Can you use the service if you fly the day after the cruise arrives in Seattle?

No, it's just available the day you disembark (within the parameters of the Port Valet program) .  The luggage is loaded onto trucks and driven to SeaTac the morning that your cruise ends - there isn't any way that your luggage can be held until the next day

On 12/15/2022 at 6:36 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

No, it's just available the day you disembark (within the parameters of the Port Valet program) .  The luggage is loaded onto trucks and driven to SeaTac the morning that your cruise ends - there isn't any way that your luggage can be held until the next day

Thank you.  Is there somewhere to store luggage neat the port or the market if we are going to be staying at a hotel close to the airport.  Would like to be able to disembark and tour Seattle during the day before heading to the hotel. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used this service in 2022 (post pandemic) with Royal Caribbean?  Website states Royal is a participating cruise line, but first hand advice is also best.

I saw that @itsanita had a red eye flight?  We also have one this June 2023 and with airlines loosing luggage when you drop if off right at the airport, I'm nervous.  We have a car rental the day of disembarkation and would change to a smaller vehicle if Port Valet does work.

Thanks for any thoughts/advice!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 1:38 PM, Max and Ruby said:

I saw that @itsanita had a red eye flight?  We also have one this June 2023 and with airlines loosing luggage when you drop if off right at the airport, I'm nervous.  We have a car rental the day of disembarkation and would change to a smaller vehicle if Port Valet does work.

Thanks for any thoughts/advice!

Each airline has it's own parameters as to cut-off times for late in the day flights, so until that information is given to the Port of Seattle and the company that is running Port Valet, I don't think that your question can be answered right now.  As we get closer to the beginning of the cruise season, the online registration for Port Valet should have all the info.  I know that that doesn't help you right now, and it is more stressful for passengers on the early-in-the-season cruises.

56 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Each airline has it's own parameters as to cut-off times for late in the day flights, so until that information is given to the Port of Seattle and the company that is running Port Valet, I don't think that your question can be answered right now.  As we get closer to the beginning of the cruise season, the online registration for Port Valet should have all the info.  I know that that doesn't help you right now, and it is more stressful for passengers on the early-in-the-season cruises.

Thank you! I’m keeping the minivan rental for now. Better to be flexible than save $20 to rent a smaller vehicle right now.  Cruise in June, so I sounds as if I have time to watch and learn!