HAL Discount For Early Final Payment

Today I received a HAL booking update from my big box travel agency.  In reviewing it for surprise changes, I noticed the phrase "3% off base rate if paid in full by May 1, 2023".  The cruise sails in January 2024.  

Has anyone else seen this, taken advantage of it, and how does it work?  My final payment online shows the original amount.

Thanks

Just now, SargassoPirate said:

Today I received a HAL booking update from my big box travel agency.  In reviewing it for surprise changes, I noticed the phrase "3% off base rate if paid in full by May 1, 2023".  The cruise sails in January 2024.  

Has anyone else seen this, taken advantage of it, and how does it work?  My final payment online shows the original amount.

Thanks

That is what they offer on grand voyages.  

5 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Again, thanks.  I'm sailing solo in a Luxury Inside Suite, so none of those benefits will help, other than the early payment which I could probably swing if I start monthly payments now.

I won't have a drink package either, so I preordered some scotch to be delivered to my cabin on embarkation day.

It'll be a bare bones trip, but a major bucket list item.

• Like 2

We were offered an early booking discount on an Antarctica sail. I didn't take it for a variety of reasons. I might just suggest you look into a few things before making such a huge final payment. In particular, you may want to read thru the Crystal message board where lots of people lost their entire cruise amount due to the timeframe of making deposits/payments. Some guests have reported losing more than 10,000.00 when Crystal went bankrupt. They will never get their money, but now Crystal has been bought out and will continue to sail under the Crystal name, leaving regular folks with an empty suitcase that should hold cash. Also, not all insurances are created equal in terms of paying off in the event of solvency. It's not such a big deal on a 7 day Alaskan Cruise, but World cruises are significant hunks of change for most folks. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

We just paid for the Grand SA  2023  to get the discount.  Not as much as yours will be but will buy a few bottles of wine. We too, are in  a uxury inside cabin. Don’t spend much time there anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tbay said:

We just paid for the Grand SA  2023  to get the discount.  Not as much as yours will be but will buy a few bottles of wine. We too, are in  a uxury inside cabin. Don’t spend much time there anyway. 

The Zaandam has nicer inside cabins.  I haven’t been on the Volendam but I am guessing they are nice size also. 

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

Again, thanks.  I'm sailing solo in a Luxury Inside Suite, so none of those benefits will help, other than the early payment which I could probably swing if I start monthly payments now.

I won't have a drink package either, so I preordered some scotch to be delivered to my cabin on embarkation day.

It'll be a bare bones trip, but a major bucket list item.

Change you Scotch order to the next day for cabin delivery or you will incur 7% Florida sales tax. You may have to get a refund and repurchase.

1 hour ago, High Flyer said:

Change you Scotch order to the next day for cabin delivery or you will incur 7% Florida sales tax. You may have to get a refund and repurchase.

Good thought. I just checked my order and there was nothing about sales tax and the total charged my credit card doesn't reflect any taxes.

Thanks for the warning, tho.