Does Princess Refund in Cash or FCC for Cancelled Cruise/Airfare?

Retirement2016

Our AA flight from LAX to LHR was cancelled and was rebooked on BA.  The BA flight coming from LHR had medical emergency and diverted to Canada.  BA texted us stating our flight has been delayed overnight, and will leave 28 hours after our original time.  

I contacted Princess E-Z Air but they were not unable to locate three seats from LAX to LHR on any airlines to make it to the ship.  Both the cruise and airfare were paid with a credit card.  When I file for reimbursement, will Princess apply the credit to my original credit card?  The Princess rep said to ask for "refund".  I do not want a FCC because my children will not be able to travel next year due to their work schedule/school commitment.  I do have an opinion of filing a claim with my credit card company.  

In theory and if you took out insurance, you should be covered for the missed flight AND the cruise.

My most recent experience with AON/cancelled cruise WITH PVP Platinum, all funds were returned via Princess (for cancellation fee/penalty) via credit card and the remaining balance was by check through AON.  It took about 100 days.  They cancelled for a covered reason.

I just upgraded cruise mate booking from PVP Standard (75%) to PVP Platinum (100%).  Which did you have?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Retirement2016 said:

When I file for reimbursement, will Princess apply the credit to my original credit card? 

The answer to your question may depend on some factors you did not mention.

o Did Princess cancel the booking since you could not make it to the ship or did you cancel it?

o Who are you filing the request for reimbursement with? Princess? Insurance company? Other?

o Did AA cancel your flight the day you were supposed to fly or was this weeks or months earlier?

o Since you had booked flights with EZAir, Princess says they will fly you to join the ship at a port on the itinerary if unable to make it to the embarkation port on time. Did they offer this option to you?

I do not know if a booking cancelled because of inability to reach the embarkation port carries the normal cancellation penalty (100% of cruise fare & fees that close in time to embarkation) or not.

In normal circumstances if you cancel a cruise, the airfare is subject to the airline's refund policy. If this was not a last minute cancellation by AA and rebooking to BA, then BA is responsible for any refund since they could not provide the flight that was booked.

Contact Princess. Do not rely on social media for answers.

hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

a similar situation happened to me and Princess Supervisor in customer relations got me a full refund to my credit card. Took 3 weeks to resolve it.