Specialty Dining steak question

hrmkr

Hello everyone,

We will be sailing on the Getaway in November.

My wife does not eat beef and I love a really good steak.  Looking at the specialty restaurants, Cagney's does not have a big variety for her to choose from.  I saw on one thread that listed (I think) either La Bistro or La Cucina had a very good steak but can't find it now.  Either of those 2 restaurants would give her many more choices.  

Please help.

Thank you

46 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

Hello everyone,

We will be sailing on the Getaway in November.

My wife does not eat beef and I love a really good steak.  Looking at the specialty restaurants, Cagney's does not have a big variety for her to choose from.  I saw on one thread that listed (I think) either La Bistro or La Cucina had a very good steak but can't find it now.  Either of those 2 restaurants would give her many more choices.  

Please help.

Thank youCagney's.pdfOcean Blue.pdfLe Bistro.pdf

The Filet at Bistro is better than Cagney's. You also can't beat a good Japanese steakhouse (Teppanyaki). 

Le Bistro.pdf

Cagney's.pdf

Ocean Blue.pdf

Teppanyaki.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, palpieha said:

Le Bistro has an excellent Filet Mignon.

At least for us, the filet at Le Bistro was better than anything at Cagneys.  Those were all very disappointing.  Never again.

But Le Bistro... they also have, in our minds anyway, a real sleeper:  The Coq au Vin. It was slightly different than we've had elsewhere (or than I've made), but it was really tasty!  A very nice surprise indeed.

GC 

Vote for Le Bistro from me as well. I was a bit nervous on our most recent cruise as the menu changed a bit from the last time we visited and is more 'foo-foo' than I'm used to.

It wasn't an issue at all, I had the Cote de Veau Roti, but swapped the veal chop with the filet instead. I don't eat baby cows, so they had no problem giving me mamma moo instead. And since I also don't eat mushrooms or foie gras, it was an easy swap to just get the meal with most stuff I do like and just swap out the protein.