Advantage/Disadvantage to CVP

BridgeMates

Are there any advantages to using a Celebrity Vacation Planner (CVP)?

I'm holding a FCC deposit and I've received an email asking me to contact her for the best rate, etc.

In the past I've dealt only with the normal reservation agents or a TA.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

I've used 3 CVP's over 10 years... 2 of which have been promoted.  All 3 have been attentive and knowledgeable.  I like to do my own research on the X site for pricing, etc and then contact my CVP .  It's been posted that some CVPs will initiate a phone call or email to their client alerting price changes or OBC being offered on their cruise bookings.  My CVPs have been very good changing ships, cruise dates, etc and keeping the same booking # so that all perks stay in place, but they haven't called to let me know when better offers are available than what I've booked.  I like the continuity of the relationship with our planner and her/his immediate connection to Celebrity.  The general agents change with each phone call and personal email and phone # isn't available to us.  They also seem to have to contact their supervisor if there are unusual requests out of their area of expertise.  I've only had two experiences with TA's which have been disappointing. 

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've used 3 CVP's over 10 years... 2 of which have been promoted.  All 3 have been attentive and knowledgeable.  I like to do my own research on the X site for pricing, etc and then contact my CVP .  It's been posted that some CVPs will initiate a phone call or email to their client alerting price changes or OBC being offered on their cruise bookings.  My CVPs have been very good changing ships, cruise dates, etc and keeping the same booking # so that all perks stay in place, but they haven't called to let me know when better offers are available than what I've booked.  I like the continuity of the relationship with our planner and her/his immediate connection to Celebrity.  The general agents change with each phone call and personal email and phone # isn't available to us.  They also seem to have to contact their supervisor if there are unusual requests out of their area of expertise.  I've only had two experiences with TA's which have been disappointing. 

And how does one obtain a CVP?  Been cruising Celebrity for years and don't have any other way to contact them other than the posted phone numbers.  Was using a large online "travel agent" aka booking agent but their service has been abysmal so I want to go Celebrity directly.

Just now, phoenix_dream said:

And how does one obtain a CVP?  Been cruising Celebrity for years and don't have any other way to contact them other than the posted phone numbers.  Was using a large online "travel agent" aka booking agent but their service has been abysmal so I want to go Celebrity directly.

We were assigned one way back when...LOL.  They may be very busy now with more cruisers and less CVPs...I think the transfer to the general service agents is filling the void.  I would suggest calling the Celebrity number (and be on hold forever) and ask to be connected with one, but here is a phone # directly to their dept...1-888-307-8413.  They'll ask if you know your CVP's number;  then depress choice #3.  At that point  you leave your name and # (I just checked for you) and they may assign one to you.  Worth a try.

We've used one for years and she is worth her weight in gold.  She doesn't alert us to price reductions or other offers but has saved us $$$ when we've seen a reduced price.  She's also gotten change fees waived on NRD bookings. She once automatically switched a booking, while we were sailing and the itinerary we wanted became available. Since we book higher level suites it's been our experience that the best deals are when new sailings are announced.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 3:08 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Did you try my suggestion?