FCC Amount > The Total Cost Of The Next Cruise....My Experience.

Two Wheels Only

Long story short......

I had a couple of cruises booked and paid for before the pandemic caused MSC to cancel both cruises. I took the option of FCC which was 125% of the cruise fare. The taxes and deposit were refunded to the original form of payment. 

I decided to use the larger FCC on a 2022 cruise on Seashore. With prices going up and down, I jumped on a low price and put down a deposit. After my cruise became eligible for the 5% + 15% discount, the total due was less than the amount of FCC. Since the entire FCC can only be applied to 1 cruise and I didn't want a larger/more expensive stateroom, I had a negative balance (they owed me) after making final payment when I applied the FCC.

Some people in a similar situation were told that the overpayment would be returned after the cruise.

Some people in a similar situation were told that the overpayment would be converted to OBC. 

Some people in a similar situation were told that the overpayment would just disappear and would never be seen again. 

In my case, the overpayment amount was deposited to my bank account on the 2nd day of the cruise. My cruise on Seashore (2022) was less "out of pocket" than I would have paid for the cancelled cruise on Seaside (2020) even though the staterooms were practically identical (exact same itinerary). 

Many complain when MSC gets things wrong so it's only fair to post when MSC gets things right. ☺️

20 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Long story short......

I had a couple of cruises booked and paid for before the pandemic caused MSC to cancel both cruises. I took the option of FCC which was 125% of the cruise fare. The taxes and deposit were refunded to the original form of payment. 

I decided to use the larger FCC on a 2022 cruise on Seashore. With prices going up and down, I jumped on a low price and put down a deposit. After my cruise became eligible for the 5% + 15% discount, the total due was less than the amount of FCC. Since the entire FCC can only be applied to 1 cruise and I didn't want a larger/more expensive stateroom, I had a negative balance (they owed me) after making final payment when I applied the FCC.

Some people in a similar situation were told that the overpayment would be returned after the cruise.

Some people in a similar situation were told that the overpayment would be converted to OBC. 

Some people in a similar situation were told that the overpayment would just disappear and would never be seen again. 

In my case, the overpayment amount was deposited to my bank account on the 2nd day of the cruise. My cruise on Seashore (2022) was less "out of pocket" than I would have paid for the cancelled cruise on Seaside (2020) even though the staterooms were practically identical (exact same itinerary). 

Many complain when MSC gets things wrong so it's only fair to post when MSC gets things right. ☺️

Great post. Thanks for sharing your experience. I believe the saying is “give credit where credit’s due”.

30 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

I would also keep an eye on your CC bills!

I have. There were some weird "pending" amounts that didn't correspond with any purchases but in the end, there was only 1 charge for the exact amount. I kept a running total for everything purchased onboard and since the credit card registered onboard had a zero balance before the cruise, I know that everything is correct....for now. 😊

Edited by Two Wheels Only

22 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I have. There were some weird "pending" amounts that didn't correspond with any purchases but in the end, there was only 1 charge for the exact amount. I kept a running total for everything purchased onboard and since the credit card registered onboard had a zero balance before the cruise, I know that everything is correct....for now. 😊

This also happened to me on my cruise 2 weeks ago.  Some of the pending amounts I just could not figure out but on the last day they charged the correct amount.  Now the weird thing and I don't think it has anything to do with MSC but my BOA credit card still has all the pending items still in pending 16 days later.