Deliver goodie bags

2 hours ago, topnole said:

When they see you with them and know they are your friends.  Not really.  Geez this is getting blown up into a security issue and a significant burden on the attendants.  SMH.  

But they won't have seen you with them - she said some of the friends were in different hallways with different room stewards, and she wants them delivered the first night. That's the busiest day for room stewards, and they probably will not have seen them together.

• Like 1

You don’t ask your own room attendant.  You ask their room attendant to simply  lay it on their bed and hand them a

tip.  Job done in 10 seconds. Their room attendant will be more than happy to get a tip for 10 seconds of work.  This is in no way a burden.  

The OP can do as they please.  Either way, the stewards are not going to mind the extra few seconds of work for a nice tip.  I’d bet they would love to earn earn an easy tip like they 20 times a day.  

And ... how do we know what these "goodies" are?    What if they're naughty adult type goodies ... and the "friends" in those other cabins, not knowing who they're from, get offended and report the cabin attendant for putting them there!

Bad idea.  No goodies.  OP can deliver themselves.   This is silly.

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, F27TW said:

And ... how do we know what these "goodies" are?    What if they're naughty adult type goodies ... and the "friends" in those other cabins, not knowing who they're from, get offended and report the cabin attendant for putting them there!

Seriously?   

Well then that person would be a jerk for doing something so offensive and shouldn’t ask anyone to help them.  

Im assuming this is a thoughtful gift from a friend.  You are acting like attendants can’t judge a situation and are incapable of saying no.  This is most certainly not true.  The attendants are normally very smart and savvy.  They meet thousands of people and I’m sure can judge situations better than most.  

Most service companies want employees to go out of their way to help guests.  Many have programs that reward “heroes” who go above and beyond for customers.  Like a big airline employee taking to her own home home an elderly woman who missed her connecting flight and bringing her back in  the morning.  And you are worried about a hypothetical of someone asking for an attendant to put a few gift bags in her friends room to surprise them.  I sure hope Royal doesn’t become so sterile that this is considered silly or improper.  Geez.  My family has hid surprises in others cabins (with the help of the attendant) for decades.  Amazingly there were no issues associated with such silly behavior.  

5 minutes ago, topnole said:

Most service companies want employees to go out of their way to help guests.

Thank you.  It's out of their way, on the busiest day.

Just hand them out as a group, and everyone can enjoy the fun of it at once.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, topnole said:

Seriously?   

Well then that person would be a jerk for doing something so offensive and shouldn’t ask anyone to help them.  

Im assuming this is a thoughtful gift from a friend.  You are acting like attendants can’t judge a situation and are incapable of saying no.  This is most certainly not true.  The attendants are normally very smart and savvy.  They meet thousands of people and I’m sure can judge situations better than most.  

Most service companies want employees to go out of their way to help guests.  Many have programs that reward “heroes” who go above and beyond for customers.  Like a big airline employee taking to her own home home an elderly woman who missed her connecting flight and bringing her back in  the morning.  And you are worried about a hypothetical of someone asking for an attendant to put a few gift bags in her friends room to surprise them.  I sure hope Royal doesn’t become so sterile that this is considered silly or improper.  Geez.  My family has hid surprises in others cabins (with the help of the attendant) for decades.  Amazingly there were no issues associated with such silly behavior.  

See?  Now you understand.    No cabin steward should take the chance.   I'm glad you're coming around.

And i wonder if RC has a policy for cabin attendants not planting things in their guest's cabins by anyone other than items purchased by RC itself.    

6 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Thank you.  It's out of their way, on the busiest day.

Just hand them out as a group, and everyone can enjoy the fun of it at once.

Who said someone has to do it on day 1?   You all crack me up with your assumptions.  

Every single one on here has asked staff for something extra or special that took staff extra time for your own selfish reasons.  Not judging.  Everyone does it.  

The OP is doing something for others, not themselves.  Stop pretending this is some huge ask for an attendant.  I’ve seen and heard of some big asks.  This isn’t one.  But with that said, if they every form a union, I think I know who should be representing them to protect them from guests asking for a few gift bags to be laid inside a cabin.  

4 minutes ago, F27TW said:

See?  Now you understand.    No cabin steward should take the chance.   I'm glad you're coming around.

And i wonder if RC has a policy for cabin attendants not planting things in their guest's cabins by anyone other than items purchased by RC itself.    

Cabins stewards choice.  Not yours. 

And I’m definitely not coming around to your silly examples because that aren’t close to realistic.  As if the steward couldn’t look in the bag before doing it (and more than likely would regardless).  

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

Cabins stewards choice.  Not yours. 

And I’m definitely not coming around to your silly examples because that aren’t close to realistic.  As if the steward couldn’t look in the bag before doing it (and more than likely would regardless).  

Nope.   No planting "goodie bags"  in someone else's room.   Terrible idea.   And of course they were realistic examples.. you don't know what someone could be thinking .. or plotting.    And what if the bag the OP was trying to get the poor steward to stick in those other people's cabins were sealed?   Steward couldn't see what's in there.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, topnole said:

Who said someone has to do it on day 1?   You all crack me up with your assumptions.

In my perfect world, they would be delivered on the first day/night of the cruise.

I've given out goodie bags. It's way more fun when everyone is together, and it doesn't inconvenience anyone.

4 hours ago, topnole said:

You don’t ask your own room attendant.  You ask their room attendant to simply  lay it on their bed and hand them a

tip.  Job done in 10 seconds. Their room attendant will be more than happy to get a tip for 10 seconds of work.  This is in no way a burden.  

How's the OP going to find the steward for another person's cabin?  Are you suggesting that the OP hang around the other hallways in hopes that the steward comes along? 

Absolutely not 10 seconds of work.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

The idea that the goodie bags are "naughty" is pretty far fetched.  A more realistic concern is that something is lost from a bag, and (true or not) it's the cabin steward's fault.  

But, yes, the idea of involving the cabin stewards is silly.

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

How's the OP going to find the steward for another person's cabin?  Are you suggesting that the OP hang around the other hallways in hopes that the steward comes along? 

Absolutely not 10 seconds of work.   

Exactly .. how creepy and stalkerish is that?!   And how suspicious looking too. 

Not saying its feasible on a cruise ship (at least without greasing somebody's wheels heavily), but some of these people are acting like this is a totally out there request even though its pretty common for hotels on land to accommodate this when there's a room block for a wedding

Just now, hotsauce126 said:

Not saying its feasible on a cruise ship (at least without greasing somebody's wheels heavily), but some of these people are acting like this is a totally out there request even though its pretty common for hotels on land to accommodate this when there's a room block for a wedding

Hotel staff don't have to turn over the entire hotel in the space of a few hours, nor do they have to deliver loads of luggage to the rooms.  

30 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Exactly .. how creepy and stalkerish is that?!   And how suspicious looking too. 

I think your definition of stalking and creepy is very different than most.  But again, you do you.  I wouldn’t hesitate to do what I’ve suggested as a hypothetical and I’ve done similar things or had them done for us many times.  Never an issue, never a big deal. No stalking required.  Cabin steward always happy to take part or help.  But sure, there are a million weird hypotheticals one could make up to turn something into something it isn’t.  None of which are anything I would ever do.   But I would have no problem asking a steward to leave a gift bag in a friend or family members cabin.  And I’m sure I will do it again at some point.  

8 minutes ago, loman said:

I didnt know adults gave out loot bags , last time i saw that was a kiddie birthday party . 

All the woman we know do it when they throw themed parties.  My wife always gives out prizes for games and such.  

The Op said in the first post they’d like the bags “delivered on the first day/night ofthe cruise”

They were all working so very hard that I did not even meet my own cabin steward until noon on day two on this cruise.  I saw many other workers in the hall, but not my steward.  No problem, as he had done an excellent (though invisible to me) job on the cabin.  Certainly I’m glad I did not have to find three different stewards to give them each an extra assignment.  I’d just present the goodie bags at a gathering; it seems easier and more personal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

The Op said in the first post they’d like the bags “delivered on the first day/night ofthe cruise”

They were all working so very hard that I did not even meet my own cabin steward until noon on day two on this cruise.  I saw many other workers in the hall, but not my steward.  No problem, as he had done an excellent (though invisible to me) job on the cabin.  Certainly I’m glad I did not have to find three different stewards to give them each an extra assignment.  I’d just present the goodie bags at a gathering; it seems easier and more personal.

That is a fine way to do it too.   

1 minute ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

Wow! I never thought that this would be such a hot topic…lol! I was just thinking of doing something cute to add to the fun of the cruise. I’ll just hand deliver. 

Really, that is the best way.  Like I said, I've done it the first night of a group trip and it's so fun as they all open them up.  Enjoy!!!

• Like 2