Fancy coffee drinks

LynnTTT

Can't figure it out.  We're on a Noordam Alaska cruise and have the Signature beverage package wich specifies drinks up to $ 11.  Does this include speciality drinks like coffee?  In the cafes?  

Yes, is sure does.  My husband enjoyed quite a few Iced Coffees on the Nieuw Amsterdam in April, up in the Crowsnest.  We had the Signature Beverage package.  He was very happy with his new discovery, and now our (bartending) son is making them upon request at home !!!

It's strange.  The HA pages mention coffees only under the Elite plan description, not on the Signature. I'd like to switch to the Elite anyway, since it's only $5 per day more, but have heard it's hard to do

3 hours ago, LynnTTT said:

I'd like to switch to the Elite anyway, since it's only $5 per day more, but have heard it's hard to do

Have drunk many lattes on SBP. Since they moved the Exploration Cafe to the Crows Nest it is very convenient!

Those that have reported upgrading to Elite say it MUST be done before you have used the SBP on any purchase. Since you say you are already sailing, you may (probably?) have had a sailaway drink...

Inquire at the service desk if you have "HIA&more" would would be SBP and if you order something over the $11, you pay only the difference (and service charge on the difference). I have only seen HIA&more mentioned on this board, not on the HAL website. Believe it is only on certain cruises, as it is not on either one I booked on!

@LynnTTTI may have misread your post and you are not ON the Noordam but booked to be on her later?

Aha! I found the thread on Have It All &MORE, and the experience of all contributing is that the HIA&M is being tested on ALASKA cruises! This will work out better for you than paying the difference to Elite for everyday. The posters who were already onboard an Alaska cruise showed a photo of a signboard on a bartop "advertising" the deal.

Edited by crystalspin

16 hours ago, crystalspin said:

@LynnTTTI may have misread your post and you are not ON the Noordam but booked to be on her later?

Aha! I found the thread on Have It All &MORE, and the experience of all contributing is that the HIA&M is being tested on ALASKA cruises! This will work out better for you than paying the difference to Elite for everyday. The posters who were already onboard an Alaska cruise showed a photo of a signboard on a bartop "advertising" the deal.

That will probably be fine.  We leave on the Noordam on July 10 from Vancouver. We still may try to upgrade if we can keep from ordering a drink as soon as we step aboard!

• Haha 1