Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

Our TA had a meet and greet in Detroit with a Viking Rep last Sunday.  Mary Storey was delightful and had lots of Viking info and swag to share with our group.  She told us about this new program that is being rolled out...she called it the Bon Voyage!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deec said:

Our TA had a meet and greet in Detroit with a Viking Rep last Sunday.  Mary Storey was delightful and had lots of Viking info and swag to share with our group.  She told us about this new program that is being rolled out...she called it the Bon Voyage!

So ...   what did you learn about the Bon Voyage?   Curious minds want to know 🙂

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

So ...   what did you learn about the Bon Voyage?   Curious minds want to know 🙂

According to my Viking agent who contacted me:

Only the Viking agent who booked your upcoming cruise can offer this. You must book within 30 - 2 days of embarkation. Here’s the perks:

Double past guest discount

$100pp SBC

Scaled additional discount. $100pp for 8 day cruise; $200pp for 9-16 days up to $1,000pp. 

PIF 6 months

Can be combined with a promo code!

3 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Only the Viking agent who booked your upcoming cruise can offer this. You must book within 30 - 2 days of embarkation. Here’s the perks:

$100pp SBC

Scaled additional discount. $100pp for 8 day cruise; $200pp for 9-16 days up to $1,000pp. 

PIF 6 months

So it’s essentially similar to what you get when you book onboard except you can do it 30-2 days before you board? Sounds like a much better deal for Viking River customers.

26 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

So it’s essentially similar to what you get when you book onboard except you can do it 30-2 days before you board? Sounds like a much better deal for Viking River customers.

You have more latitude for promo codes as you usually can book promos from 2 different months. And I don’t believe on board booking doesn’t always offer 2x past level discount. Also, for me at least, I can book with my Viking agent rather than the on board agent. 

Thanks for the info on this new Bon Voyage.  To clarify a few items:

--You can only get this from the Viking agent (not your TA) that booked your upcoming cruise? 

-- You can get these discounts within 2-30 days before you embark? So my next cruise is August 4, I can get these discounts from July 4-August 2 for any future cruise?

--  The discount is combinable with any other promo code?

-- This is available now?

On 6/26/2024 at 11:02 AM, OneSixtyToOne said:

Great deal on Patagonian Shores & Chilean Fjords. Tempted to take this cruise again.

This is indeed a great deal.  The last sale for these dates was $7,999 for Nordic Balcony.  Plus this cruise they are stopping in Castro.  That port is no longer on the 2025 schedule.

40 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

This is indeed a great deal.  The last sale for these dates was $7,999 for Nordic Balcony.  Plus this cruise they are stopping in Castro.  That port is no longer on the 2025 schedule.

Yes, the DN is the same price as a Nordic.
I wonder why Castro is being eliminated? We really enjoyed Castro. It gave us an extra day to use the “toys” and some great photo ops. 
image.jpeg.6001373be75d46fcc71751d36b84697b.jpeg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

1 hour ago, rizello said:

Thanks for the info on this new Bon Voyage.  To clarify a few items:

--You can only get this from the Viking agent (not your TA) that booked your upcoming cruise? 

-- You can get these discounts within 2-30 days before you embark? So my next cruise is August 4, I can get these discounts from July 4-August 2 for any future cruise?

--  The discount is combinable with any other promo code?

-- This is available now?

Yes to all questions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Yes, the DN is the same price as a Nordic.
I wonder why Castro is being eliminated? We really enjoyed Castro. It gave us an extra day to use the “toys” and some great photo ops. 
image.jpeg.6001373be75d46fcc71751d36b84697b.jpeg

I don't know.  We cannot go in 2024 but are interested in same for 2025.  Except Castro is not a port.  We did the Cape Horn one on Ocean and would like to go back to Patagonia but without Castro it is only 1 new port.  But then we get to experience an expedition ship.  

Just now, TayanaLorna said:

I don't know.  We cannot go in 2024 but are interested in same for 2025.  Except Castro is not a port.  We did the Cape Horn one on Ocean and would like to go back to Patagonia but without Castro it is only 1 new port.  But then we get to experience an expedition ship.  

This cruise is more akin to scenic cruising than port intensive cruising, which we enjoyed immensely. Spending days cruising the fjords and visiting glaciers was amazing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Squawkman said:

$100pp SBC

PIF 6 months

WOW! Thanks for the info! Sounds great and I love the double past guest discount!

46 minutes ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

WOW! Thanks for the info! Sounds great and I love the double past guest discount!

I didn't think things could get worse after yesterday!

Don't you dare book another Viking cruise!

If you do, all those promos you have been receiving will stop.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Urum said:

Not really. Your TA (not Viking rep) can book it too. This program started back in January. At least that’s when I got first notice about it 

Again, I’m quoting what I was told. What you’re saying makes sense as my agent was clear he couldn’t offer the program to folks who didn’t book their upcoming cruise with him. So I guess it would behoove anyone cruising within 30 days to call whomever booked their cruise if they don’t hear from him or her first.