Arrivecan

Enzma

Hi all little confused here leaving Vancouver Sunday on the 3rd for alaska and planned on filling out arrive can  (remains marine and contact into and submit)

On Friday issue is royal just sent text to phone requesting we fill out arrive can today thursday

Any thoughts on time line?

I have to say I'm a bit confused as to why they would ask you to do it today, but if you leave it until late in the day, you will be within the allowable 72-hour window. But if you won't be showing the receipt until you embark, I don't know why RCI would want you to make the submission today.

As we were planning on filling it in on Friday gonna stick with that plan and also do air canada check-in at same time 

Just had the wife freak out about the text 

Like I said found it odd maybe the wanted to fill arrive thru the royal app?which connects to arrive can app?

4 hours ago, Enzma said:

As we were planning on filling it in on Friday gonna stick with that plan and also do air canada check-in at same time 

Just had the wife freak out about the text 

Like I said found it odd maybe the wanted to fill arrive thru the royal app?which connects to arrive can app?

No, the GOC would never allow the ArriveCAN app to be linked to a cruiseline or other external commercial app. 

I'm curious, so do get back to us if you ever determine RCI's rationale.

There is a link in royal app that can take you to arrive can link

the text says the following

an important reminder from royal caribbean;complete your arrive can form 

Today ( highlited)

Since our sailing leaves and then 're-enters canada

then gives an link for responce

sent messages to TA  and she is also puzzled

Gonna ignore and submit Friday

Thanks for your help

I have not used ArriveCan before and am wanting to make sure I understand my requirements.

I am travelling from Toronto to Vancouver next week and then cruising 7 days up to Alaska and then 7 days return voyage to Vancouver.  

Is it correct I need to fill it out 72 hours or more prior to boarding the ship in Vancouver and that covers the trip?

Is it correct I can fill it out online without an app and print out something to show it was done?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Waynetor said:

I have not used ArriveCan before and am wanting to make sure I understand my requirements.

I am travelling from Toronto to Vancouver next week and then cruising 7 days up to Alaska and then 7 days return voyage to Vancouver.  

Is it correct I need to fill it out 72 hours or more prior to boarding the ship in Vancouver and that covers the trip?

Is it correct I can fill it out online without an app and print out something to show it was done?

Thanks

When the submission will be required depends on whether you are sailing on one 14-day cruise or two 7-day cruises.

If it is a single 14-day cruise, then a submission within 72 hours before boarding in Vancouver is required. 

On the other hand, if you are sailing on two b2b 7-day cruises, with the first terminating in Alaska, then there's no need to use the app for the first leg. You would only need to make a submission within 72 hours prior to the Alaska-Vancouver leg.

• Thanks 1

Update

Filled in arrive can this evening 

, all good to go prompt confirmation and email

'TA still could not understand the now 2emails from royal

First to fill in arrive can one day earlier and the second to complete check-in portion on the app for wellness questions also a day earlier(on the app states to be completed on july2)

We can only assume Royals IT department is off by a day?I

Now  if we  can get air canada straightened out about our cancelled flight home we are good to cruise

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2022 at 9:46 AM, Fouremco said:

When the submission will be required depends on whether you are sailing on one 14-day cruise or two 7-day cruises.

If it is a single 14-day cruise, then a submission within 72 hours before boarding in Vancouver is required. 

On the other hand, if you are sailing on two b2b 7-day cruises, with the first terminating in Alaska, then there's no need to use the app for the first leg. You would only need to make a submission within 72 hours prior to the Alaska-Vancouver leg.

Just realized ArriveCAN would apply to us! I may have to start a new thread. After going through hell with the Bermuda govt in May, now this! Jerry and I are going to Bermuda again 30 September from Baltimore, then doing a B2B to Canada/NE on 6 October. How can I complete within 72 hrs. of sailing if I am on a ship w/o the internet prior to sailing? Will RCCL let me use the internet for this? What about the COVID test for Canada? (At least we won't have to upload test results to Bermuda again and wait for a TA that we ended up getting onboard - total nightmare.)

I am on a iMac desktop at home. I do have an Amazon Fire Tablet that I put Google Play on. Even though I have no use for a smartphone and use a land line, I got a Samsung Tracfone and can put apps on it, like for the COVID testing.

6 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

Just realized ArriveCAN would apply to us! I may have to start a new thread. After going through hell with the Bermuda govt in May, now this! Jerry and I are going to Bermuda again 30 September from Baltimore, then doing a B2B to Canada/NE on 6 October. How can I complete within 72 hrs. of sailing if I am on a ship w/o the internet prior to sailing? Will RCCL let me use the internet for this? What about the COVID test for Canada? (At least we won't have to upload test results to Bermuda again and wait for a TA that we ended up getting onboard - total nightmare.)

I am on a iMac desktop at home. I do have an Amazon Fire Tablet that I put Google Play on. Even though I have no use for a smartphone and use a land line, I got a Samsung Tracfone and can put apps on it, like for the COVID testing.

It's not clear to me whether you board the Canada/NE B2B on the same day as you disembark your Bermuda cruise. My response will vary depending on those details.

27 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

Assuming your Canada/NE itinerary begins in Baltimore, you can submit the ArriveCAN info then.  I would download it, now, and load the documents while you are still at home.  Then when you board the ship to head to Canada you can easily submit the ArriveCAN arrival information.  You will need to know your first port in Canada, and the entry date, in order to complete it.  

Your ship will require the negative covid test to board so maybe connect with your roll-calls to see what others are doing.

52 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

It's not clear to me whether you board the Canada/NE B2B on the same day as you disembark your Bermuda cruise. My response will vary depending on those details.

31 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Assuming your Canada/NE itinerary begins in Baltimore, you can submit the ArriveCAN info then.  I would download it, now, and load the documents while you are still at home.  Then when you board the ship to head to Canada you can easily submit the ArriveCAN arrival information.  You will need to know your first port in Canada, and the entry date, in order to complete it.  

Your ship will require the negative covid test to board so maybe connect with your roll-calls to see what others are doing.

Thanks ever so much for the prompt responses; sorry I was unclear. 30 September am boarding Enchantment  in Baltimore for Bermuda (only port). Then ship heads back to Baltimore, where I will stay on the same ship and leave 6 October for Canada/NE.

11 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

Thanks ever so much for the prompt responses; sorry I was unclear. 30 September am boarding Enchantment  in Baltimore for Bermuda (only port). Then ship heads back to Baltimore, where I will stay on the same ship and leave 6 October for Canada/NE.

OK, so there are two issues that need to be addressed. The first is the requirement for a negative COVID test prior within 2 days of embarkation for the Canada/NE leg. For the test, you have at least three possible options:

- testing aboard, if RCI still offers this option;

- getting off the ship in Baltimore and getting tested at a local facility; or

- taking a test kit with you and doing a proctored test aboard once you are back in Baltimore. As you will be in port and in range of cell towers, you will be able to use your phone without having to get a ship's wifi package.

Completing the ArriveCAN app should be a two stage process for you. The app will not allow you to make a submission until you are within three days of your trip, but you can enter all of your personal data and proof of vaccinations in advance. So, at home, before heading off to Bermuda, download the app and enter everything except the travel details. Then, when you arrive in Baltimore from Bermuda, enter the trip details and submit your information.

Don't be intimidated by the app. I'd suggest that after first downloading it, make a trial run with the actual details of your trip but using an embarkation date within three days of your trial run (or it won't let you continue). Go through the whole process, but just don't make submit it. If you run into problems or have any questions, come back here and you'll get all the help you need.

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

OK, so there are two issues that need to be addressed. The first is the requirement for a negative COVID test prior within 2 days of embarkation for the Canada/NE leg. For the test, you have at least three possible options:

- taking a test kit with you and doing a proctored test aboard once you are back in Baltimore. As you will be in port and in range of cell towers, you will be able to use your phone without having to get a ship's wifi package.

Completing the ArriveCAN app should be a two stage process for you. The app will not allow you to make a submission until you are within three days of your trip, but you can enter all of your personal data and proof of vaccinations in advance. So, at home, before heading off to Bermuda, download the app and enter everything except the travel details. Then, when you arrive in Baltimore from Bermuda, enter the trip details and submit your information.

Don't be intimidated by the app. I'd suggest that after first downloading it, make a trial run with the actual details of your trip but using an embarkation date within three days of your trial run (or it won't let you continue). Go through the whole process, but just don't make submit it. If you run into problems or have any questions, come back here and you'll get all the help you need.

Thanks again! I am really bummed by this. The "good ole days" when one just packed and embarked are really missed. When we were on her in March, RCCL tested B2B cruises gratis. Several pax did this, we only were on for the week.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

Thanks again! I am really bummed by this. The "good ole days" when one just packed and embarked are really missed. When we were on her in March, RCCL tested B2B cruises gratis. Several pax did this, we only were on for the week.

I would confirm with RCL  if  they will not be testing B2B cruisers

Read the rules carefully for the testing  to enter Canada  & ARRIVECAN

41 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I would confirm with RCL  if  they will not be testing B2B cruisers

Read the rules carefully for the testing  to enter Canada  & ARRIVECAN

I will, thank you. I posted in roll call to see if others are in the same situation. Since there are other cruises to Canada this season, others must be.  I don't mind filling out forms/printing, but the stress is the test. Since so many are dropping this, I am hoping Canada will, too.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:40 AM, Fouremco said:

I did the "make a trial run with the actual details of your trip but using an embarkation date within three days of your trial run (or it won't let you continue). Go through the whole process, but just don't make submit it." I did NOT submit it. Now the trial information is in the form, and I can't get it out. Will the trial information just disappear after the trial dates if I don't submit? Or do I need to call them? Thanks!!

18 minutes ago, RenRan said:

I did the "make a trial run with the actual details of your trip but using an embarkation date within three days of your trial run (or it won't let you continue). Go through the whole process, but just don't make submit it." I did NOT submit it. Now the trial information is in the form, and I can't get it out. Will the trial information just disappear after the trial dates if I don't submit? Or do I need to call them? Thanks!!

Close the app and then sign in again. Your page should look like this, with the trash can in the upper right.

IMG_3371.thumb.PNG.875ee47c97156fa02ca2324ec6f8c69d.PNG

If you click on the trash can, the previous trip details that you have entered will be deleted, but the personal information (vaccination status, etc.) that you have entered for you and any travelling companions will be retained. You will just need to enter your new trip details.

On 8/14/2022 at 5:58 PM, Fouremco said:

Close the app and then sign in again. Your page should look like this, with the trash can in the upper right.

IMG_3371.thumb.PNG.875ee47c97156fa02ca2324ec6f8c69d.PNG

If you click on the trash can, the previous trip details that you have entered will be deleted, but the personal information (vaccination status, etc.) that you have entered for you and any travelling companions will be retained. You will just need to enter your new trip details.

Such good advice....over time I've seen you so helpful to others....if you're not already, I'd nominate you for the Canadian site 'host'....how do you feel about that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Such good advice....over time I've seen you so helpful to others....if you're not already, I'd nominate you for the Canadian site 'host'....how do you feel about that?

The host is a moderator.  I think we’re pretty civilized on this board.  😉 Although it could lead to bigger things!  How are you with donating all your free time to moderate the CC board, @Fouremco?  For free, of course.  You may not have anymore time to answer questions though.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your kind words, but I'm happy just contributing to this and other boards when and if I can.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

The host is a moderator.  I think we’re pretty civilized on this board.  😉 Although it could lead to bigger things!  How are you with donating all your free time to moderate the CC board, @Fouremco?  For free, of course.  You may not have anymore time to answer questions though.  😂

I've seen hosts on another board provide excellent assistance to new cruisers, etc (as well as moderating/closing down potential argumentative post...LOL).