We had to cancel and rebook Celebrity excursions. Is there a better way?

patty1955

Since you now get a discount if you book excursions before your cruise, the price of our previously booked excursions has dropped. We only had 2 excursions booked but it was a $20 difference. I cancelled and rebooked. Does anyone know a better way (other than don't book excursions with Celebrity)?

42 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Since you now get a discount if you book excursions before your cruise, the price of our previously booked excursions has dropped. We only had 2 excursions booked but it was a $20 difference. I cancelled and rebooked. Does anyone know a better way (other than don't book excursions with Celebrity)?

I did the same thing, canceled and rebooked. In the past the credit has hit my credit card in about a week. 

I don't mind cancelling and rebooking, but the excursion we reserved is sold out. I'm concerned that if I cancel, I won't be able to rebook. (I know that once when I cancelled a specialty dining reservation, the time slot I had was no longer listed.) Has anyone had any experience with this?

38 minutes ago, Jay Bee said:

I don't mind cancelling and rebooking, but the excursion we reserved is sold out. I'm concerned that if I cancel, I won't be able to rebook. (I know that once when I cancelled a specialty dining reservation, the time slot I had was no longer listed.) Has anyone had any experience with this?

If it's sold out I wouldn't cancel, I'd keep at booked price.

Yes, I just canceled an Olympia excursion including the Mecuri winery, it was reduced by $22 and when I did cancel; poof!, it was sold out! Went back and booked the captain curated excursion to same ancient Olympics site but this one then goes to an olive mill  where we make our food with the fresh olive oil. Should be good too but watch out!

2 hours ago, Jay Bee said:

Yes, I cancelled an excursion which was fully booked. It immediately became available for booking at the reduced fare, so I then rebooked.

There was a considerable reduction in price, which surprised me. 

3 hours ago, Jay Bee said:

We just had this same situation, we have 4 reservations for Murano in September all at 8pm …. then the pre-cruise sale goes on and will save us approx $60 but only 6pm or 9pm now available for the nights we booked a few months ago with $OBC 

So I take a punt and cancelled one of the nights, got the refund on our OBC account within seconds but still showing only 6pm and 9pm available …… refreshed the page a couple of times (guess the X site had to have time for the cancellation to feed through ) and 8pm reappeared …… rebooked this one and the other nights and our pre-booked excursions and saved around $150 in total and took me 5 mins max to cancel an£ rebook all online 😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 5:40 PM, upwarduk said:

Yes, I cancelled an excursion which was fully booked. It immediately became available for booking at the reduced fare, so I then rebooked.

There was a considerable reduction in price, which surprised me. 

Nice. This tells me they don't have waiting lists which makes sense since I've never seen any. I guess if you really, really don't want to chance losing the excursion, you don't risk it though.