ocb within 90 days without cwc?

The last cruise I was on disembarked in jan of 2020.  I probably started cruising in 2002.  In most if not all cases I was able to get a lower price and/or ocb.  Celebrity ( before and after rccl) carnival, ncl and rccl.  The pandemic, I guess, has changed a great many things.  When referencing obc within the 90 days, everyone asks in you signed up during Cruise With Confidence, which I assumed was a means of protecting peoples cruise purchases during a time when cruises were a risk.  And therefore cruise companies were desperate to get and keep customers.  

So if and when did things change? or am I misremembering?  Am I truly unable to get obc during the next 90 days if the prices go down?

1 hour ago, miyanc said:

The last cruise I was on disembarked in jan of 2020.  I probably started cruising in 2002.  In most if not all cases I was able to get a lower price and/or ocb.  Celebrity ( before and after rccl) carnival, ncl and rccl.  The pandemic, I guess, has changed a great many things.  When referencing obc within the 90 days, everyone asks in you signed up during Cruise With Confidence, which I assumed was a means of protecting peoples cruise purchases during a time when cruises were a risk.  And therefore cruise companies were desperate to get and keep customers.  

So if and when did things change? or am I misremembering?  Am I truly unable to get obc during the next 90 days if the prices go down?

For years, the policy has been no price drops, no compensation after final payment date.

That was changed during the pandemic, and the changes apply to cruises that were booked by March 31 of this year and sail by September 30.

So, if you booked before March 31 and your cruise embarks by September 30, you can get OBC for a price drop.    

If not, no. You get nothing after final payment.

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

For years, the policy has been no price drops, no compensation after final payment date.

That was changed during the pandemic, and the changes apply to cruises that were booked by March 31 of this year and sail by September 30.

So, if you booked before March 31 and your cruise embarks by September 30, you can get OBC for a price drop.    

this is only our 3rd rccl cruise.  we went in 2017 on the allure and 2019 on the symphony.  I can't remember, I guess your right and i was able to lower them up until 90.  I did go on a carnval cruise in 2019 new years and i believe i got that lowered closer to sail date.  

OK thanks for the info.  So is it a zero percent chance, like I shouldnt keep looking or try calling?

1 hour ago, miyanc said:

this is only our 3rd rccl cruise.  we went in 2017 on the allure and 2019 on the symphony.  I can't remember, I guess your right and i was able to lower them up until 90.  I did go on a carnval cruise in 2019 new years and i believe i got that lowered closer to sail date.  

OK thanks for the info.  So is it a zero percent chance, like I shouldnt keep looking or try calling?

When did you book the cruise, and when are you sailing?

Carnival has a booking selection called Early Saver that allows price drops (obc after final payment) up to 48hrs before cruise. It does come with penalties, so you may have picked that one. 

2 hours ago, miyanc said:

The answer to that is in my post:

"So, if you booked before March 31 and your cruise embarks by September 30, you can get OBC for a price drop.    

If not, no. You get nothing after final payment."

If, by some chance, a higher category cabin's price has dropped to what you paid (or less), you can call and get upgraded to that cabin.

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

After final payment you can switch ship and dates with $100 fee pp. 

1 hour ago, renza said:

After final payment you can switch ship and dates with $100 fee pp. 

Outside of CWC, which this thread is about, the penalty inside final payment depends on length of cruise and how far out you cancel.